Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Haltech or Tune off stock ecu

8K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  genspec13 
#1 ·
I've been looking for months trying to figure out the best solution for me but have hit a wall. I wanted to get a haltech and have it tuned but have also talked to turboxs about having my car tuned. I'm about to put my hy35 along with id 1000cc injectors and all the supporting mods on my car but need a tuner. Can I get anyone's thoughts on who/what to use. I've searched and searched so any input is appreciated

#3 ·
Honestly the only custom/canned tune company that I personally would go with would be TurboXS; Jermaine is an awesome tuner.

I've done the BTR/SFR canned/custom tunes and honestly wasn't happy. I recently purchased a Haltech and have been in love ever since. There are ENDLESS possibilities with this route. Also, Norman aka @ElDominio can remote tune your car...Meaning, anywhere you may be he is able to tune/control the haltech from his location. Myself and @kepone both have gotten remote/custom tunes via Normans remote tunes. Honestly the guy is a genius and know exactly what hes doing. I've had lots of tunes in my life and honestly, I've never been so satisfied before. Haltech is probably by far the best investment I have made towards the Gen. I say go haltech without a doubt and hit up Norman for a tune. Click the link in my sig to view my setup.

#5 ·
Real time tuning actually. What I do is connect to wifi on my laptop, connect laptop to ECU via USB cable and turn on teamview (remote desktop). Basically @ElDominio is on his end controlling my PC tuning the haltech my engine. No files ever need to be sent. You can alwayas save the file on your PC just so you have it if you need. It's honestly fantastic and would recomend this. Basically it's a remote tune but custom for your engine.

#10 ·
Hey guys,

Haltech reduced their prices, so you guys let me know if you're interested! I have new prices that are kinda pretty attractive, for new-in-box units shipped to your door XD

Let me know!

#11 ·
And here is the cute guy who made my engine a monster! Honestly am so glad I went with @ElDominio for my tune. The guy owns a genesis coupe so knows exactly how it should drive/feel and all the safe parameters. It's honestly FANTASTIC.

#15 ·
Another vote for the Haltech here. I think anytime you upgrade your turbo and/or injectors it is time for the full standalone.

#17 ·
I also agree with alot of you here. If you do a simple, intake, downpipe, exhaust, canned tunes are fine. But once you go beyond that I think it's best to have customer tunes. Currently have btr stage 2 canned tunes, I like it for what it is. Simplicity. I, however, did noticed my AFR was not optimal under WOT. Daily driveability wasn't as bad as someone described here. Not perfect either tho. My vote also goes to haltech.

#18 ·
The best would be to reprogram the stock pcm especialy if you live in north us or canada

because he's probably better at handling weather change and other stuff

During summer haltech was a charm...but now in cold weather is fun time to reajuste all those table....and since most of them are just transient table for when the engine is not fully hot it`s a bit of a pain

but haltech i WAY easyer for logging change adding some feature ect ect

#19 ·
$1450 shipped, $1800 tuned.

My page is in my signature, where you can see all my work and ask me questions on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.