Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

ISIS Race compared to Open downpipe

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jgf9470 
#1 ·
just a quick question, have been doing my research but cant find a definite answer. How loud is the ISIS Race compared to an open downpipe? i love the sound of the open downpipe and how loud it is, but the rear is just so ugly without any tips. Any suggestions would be nice. Would getting a test pipe and the the ISIS Race produce the same effect?

Another question, after the second cat, is that a resonator before the muffler on the race exhaust?

Thanks for any input

#2 ·
The Race exhaust doesn't have a muffler, but does have a very small resonator. You may be thinking of the Steet which has the muffler, and resonator.

As far as sound goes, go with the Race over the open downpipe. I ran open downpipe while changing my TurboBack out just to see how it would sound and it wasn't the best. Turbo spool sounded amazing but there is no tone to it. That's where the resonators come into play.

Get yourself an O2 housing, a catless downpipe and the race. Itll be just as loud but won't sound like a tractor :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.