Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Light Weight Driveshaft

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Snoopy0812 
#1 ·
Anyone know if there is a light weight driveshaft for the 2.0T? I haven't seen anything on the net.

#2 ·
Nothing yet & I would guess that this is something that will take a while to come out due to the nature of the precision needed to complete such a component. It would not be cheap, the demand would be low & it would have to be balanced. It was also brought up that the maker of an aftermarket drive shaft would probably want to shift from the stock rubber insulators at each end of the factory unit, opting for a U-joint style set up. I will eventually be interested in a CF driveshaft myself, but it will be after all else is done to my car & that will take a few years.

#5 ·
ur gonna need deep pockets for a carbon fiber driveshaft, let alone any lightweight driveshaft.

#7 ·
driveshaft shop has theres out already.

#12 ·
i have been thinking about building a 1 pc driveshaft but would need someone who is willing to test the prototype.

aaron
You know I'm willing to test things but I'd need to know what the ultimate downside would be. If I'm going down the highway and it breaks, do I just coast over and call a tow truck or does it explode and rip the bottom of my car in two?

#14 ·
Okie Dokie. Whens good for you?

#15 ·
I think some1 had 1 made but it only lost 2lb's or somethin glike that... disappointing much :(

#16 ·
Correct. It was Astocdm with the S/C green V6. Carbon fiber 1 piece DS was a whopping 2lbs lighter...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.