Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

sfr a/t re tune :)

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Jay@SFR 
#1 ·
What's up guys as some of u know I got tuned by sfr in july and that was the best decision I made so far. I have an auto and I haven't had one problem yet with it, when I first got it done I was so shocked how much power this gave me my car pulls every single geaar.

Well yesterday I went to sfr with a few buddies and jay came out with a thing for faster shiftin points and raise the boost alittle more,so I figured I would give this a try n boy let me tell u my car even pullls harder then before n shifts faster. You hit the gas and the car just takees off I love it I recommand anyone thinking about it to do it. My friend got his 3.8 tuned yesterday too and he's extremly happy with it. We also picked up some other parts n let me tell u we had a fun drive home even with all the traffic we went with 3 coupes all together. Just felt like I should share my reveiw :)

#2 ·
Sounds awsome I've had my coupe for a bit over a year now and I'm just dying for more power ...just waiting on a certain tune right now .... How much boost you running now and what's your estimated hp/tq?

#7 ·
Awesome - wish I knew when you guys were in town, I'd have driven over to SFR to meet everyone!

Do you have Jay's new address that you could PM to me?

Glad to hear you like your SFR Reflash too!
--Geoff

#10 ·
pm sent, its right across the street from there old shop lol n my bad about that thread i was a day behind, we we re delayed a little too 20 mins into the trip i got 4 tickets lol n my one buddy got a blow out in pa so that set us back a good hr but other then that it was a lot of fun. we should be going back in a few weeks i ll let you know

also how my car is right now i should be low 14s jay said a gencoupe with my set up + intercooler ran a 13.9 that he did n believe it or not my 20s are lighter then my factory wheels but when i hit the track in the spring i ll have my inter cooler n injectors n maybe my turbo:)

#9 ·
so sfr has the ability to tune the TCU? finally!!!

#13 · (Edited)
I would have came! but the only reason i have not gotten ANY tunes yet is because im waiting for a module for the 3.8.. i dont want to spend money on a tune that i cant install and uninstall at my own free will without spending more $$... that being said i hope someone can create a module for us 3.8s

#14 ·
That's what I wanted as well (not that I'm going all out modding my car) but the GC has been out for quite some time as you already know and major tuning companies either gave up or don't see a market developing it (especially for the 3.8)

For now... I'm just happy with my reflash which bumped up my highway fuel economy :rofl:

oh and have you thought about picking up a new grill? :p (I hope you remember my criticism)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.