Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Cold Air Intake

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  eyitsjorge 
#1 ·
Is there any intake that can be installed without removing the washer fluid bottle?

#4 ·
Some of them have a snorkel to draw air from near the bumper. For those you have to remove / relocate the washer fluid. Such designs are also great at hydro-locking your engine during a heavy rain...

#6 ·
SRI will not require relocation, CAI will, and will also make your car nervewrecking in heavy rain. I have an R2C SRI and find it perfect. Nice change in engine tone, and seems to liven things up a little.

Reactions: Dai Uy Ted
#8 ·
On a turbo, basically nothing imo. The air goes into a spinning turbine that gets up into the hundreds of degrees, and is then intercooled. Honestly, if you're really looking to cool the air down going to the motor, buy a better intercooler. I bought my SRI for the sound, marginally better flow, and ease of placement of a few aftermarket parts honestly. The stock box is just too bulky, and the SRI takes up less space. I do believe throttle response is increased, but as for power, I don't feel any major difference between the stock and aftermarket other than the "loud" factor, which makes it seems faster. My intake is shielded and sealed away from the engine bay, and takes air from the snorkel, so it is a "Cold Air Intake", but its really a short ram.

If you're really looking for power, get a tune, and whatever supporting mods for that. Although usually a better intake is advised for the better flow properties. :p

Reactions: TsukubaRed_PA
#10 ·
If it was my car I'd go SRI for the peace of mind. That's just my opinion though. So take it for what it's worth, hahaha. As for instructions, my R2C came with a little instruction pamphlet. But there's plenty of youtube vids on how to install SRIs and CAIs. They're all basically the same. :)

#11 ·
I have the K&N SRI, and I love it. Installation was easy and didn't take much time. With an SRI, you run less risk of it also going into the motor in the case of an accident. There has been at least two cases here were there was Gens motor written off because the CAI went into the motor during the accident. But either way, they definitely help the airflow for your turbo. Definitely made the sound of my stock bypass valve louder when it was installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.