Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Dyno results after SFR canned tune...

7K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Slider 
#1 · (Edited)
We dynoed my 2011 V6 stock at PowerFab Automotive back in October on a Dynojet Inertia dyno for an SFR tune day. We ran it several times and got 243-245 peak hp multiple times. Since at the time Jay was unable to access the '11 ECU we only had 'before' hp numbers and I was not given a dyno sheet as they didn't charge me for the pulls.

Although it is preferable to always dyno on the same dyno that wasn't possible in this case. But Dynojet inertia dynos are considered incredibly repeatable even from location to location.

The only engine changes made to my car since our initial dyno:

-switched to Synthetic oil because break-in was complete
-OBX engine pulley
-SFR canned tune for 93 Octane fuel (I've always ran 93 Octane)

Well I just had it dynoed locally near Austin, TX by a very reputable high performance shop.

We did 2 runs and it did 259-263 rwhp peak. Torque was about 244 but more importantly remained above 225lbs for over 3500 total RPM! The shop guys, that had multiple twin turboed Vipers in the shop, exclaimed that it was a very impressive powerband out of a stockish V6. Huge and wide torque curve, Linear hp that pulled from the basement and kept gaining. The only hiccup in the powerband was a small dip/ flat spot around 4800 RPM. Maybe that is where the cams alter timing?

I'm not going to post the dyno charts just because I don't have the initial charts, because I'm going to play w/ another thing or two, and because it wasn't on the same dyno. The other thing is I asked the shop to shift at 6700 RPM and they did going by the OEM tachometer. Well that was really only about 6300 RPM. The shop guys claimed it was no loss because torque was just falling off and hp was just about to follow. In fact you could see the power just nose diving right before they pushed in the clutch and then it spiked for a moment because of the clutch.

Anyways, I wasn't surprised at all by the results as the car clearly felt faster.

I'd have to give my wholehearted recommendations to Jay @ SFR and his canned tune. Good Stuff.

Also, if you need dyno results check out ART just South of Austin. Good dudes.

See less See more
#2 ·
good numbers

#3 ·
thanks for the post, with SFR reflash power gains. :) all I can add is driving is so much more fun even with automatic. My first upgrade was INJEN CAI which made the stock exhaust sound over worked , than I did SFR reflash which made the engin very responsive. I added System upgrade exhaust to smooth out the power and sound.

#8 ·
Ya Jay and the guys do a good job when I did my custom tune with only cai I got 242 whp on a Mustang Dyno.Now with all the mods i need a retune......

#9 ·
Good data. I am dying here waiting on Jay to get back. I bought the car the same time he left.

#12 ·
Going to see Jay at the shop on Friday. I can't wait! I get to enjoy the ride to West Chester then to Lebanon, PA afterward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.