Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

[[BTRcc]] Canned and Custom Tune Dyno Results for 3.8's

81K views 433 replies 118 participants last post by  g5bot 
#1 · (Edited)
BTRcc has been working on tuning Genesis Coupe's with custom tunes.

Following will show what BTRcc's tuner has done so far and also give you a hint of what your car can do with our custom or soon to come canned tunes with complete ECU replacements.

Examples of our canned tune on stock vehicles (MT and AT)

MT 3.8 Stock (Before/After)

AT 3.8 Stock (Before/After

MT 3.8 Intake + Exhaust

AT 3.8 Intake + Exhaust

Next are a few fun ones that our tuner has been having fun with in Korea

MT 3.8 Twin Turbo

AT 3.8 Twin Turbo

AT 3.8 Rotrex Supercharger

EDIT:

2.0T
Stock tune $650
1. Removal of speed governor
2. Increased Rev Limiter (Manual Only)
3. Increased throttle response
4. Ability to turn off the traction control 100% when you press the button
5. Option to turn off the 2nd O2 sensor

Bolt on tune $700 (includes features of stock tune)
1. Adjustments of the tune according to your bolt-ons, such as FMIC, Exhaust, Intake, etc

Race spec tune $750 (includes Stock and Bolt on tune features)
1. 1:1 throttle response (turns off cruise control permanently)
2. Launch Control System

Stock tune $750
1. Removal of speed governor
2. Increased Rev Limiter (Manual Only)
3. Near 1:1 throttle response
4. Ability to turn off the traction control 100% when you press the button
5. Option to turn off the 2nd O2 sensor

Bolt on tune $800 (includes features of stock tune)
1. Adjustments of the tune according to your bolt-ons, such as Exhaust, Intake, etc

Thanks for looking :)

See less See more
#8 ·
So it clearly states that the twin turbo/supercharger was tuned in korea. Can he tune north american ECUs? Will you be importing SC/Turbo kits and have him tune it? How soon before you have the canned tune + new ecu for sale? Thanks.

#9 ·
Yes we have cracked the U.S. ECU's and can definitely tune for the above mentioned setups and other variances:)

As for the twin turbo/sc setups, they have all been custom setups over in Korea. There was a supercharger kit that was offered that we reviewed and said that the risk factor did not make sense at the moment.

The stock 3.8 cannot handle much boost and needs to be built almost right away and this is a factor most people do not recognize. And all the inquiries we had gotten was about putting these kits on stock engines. With a stock engine, a safe parameter to run will be around 370-380 whp which is fairly weak for the amount you would end up spending for the kit.

However, this isn't to say that we will NEVER bring anything over. We are consistently working with other companies in Korea to build a reliable setup and we will keep working until we find the perfect/tested product for the U.S. market.

Lastly, We can start shipping out the canned tunes + ECU's right away.

Stock 3.8 $750 including a brand new genuine Hyundai ECU
Modified 3.8 $800 including a brand new genuine Hyundai ECU (Bolt-ons)

#13 · (Edited)
We do not offer this option.

We only offer with a brand new ECU for a few reasons:

1. No down time for the customer
2. Guarantee that the ECU is in working condition since we get it NEW from Hyundai
3. Ability to save the stock ECU for warranty or reselling purposes for the customer
4. Warranty work through BTRcc doesn't require downtime on the customer.

Only time we will offer to reflash without sending out seperate ECU's is if we were to stop by your location for a tour. Which requires 6+ custom tune customers or 10+ canned reflash customers.

And as with any car, the results will vary. Every car dynos differently stock and other factors such as clogged cat or a poorly designed intake system etc. can effect the numbers as well.

Given that your car is in good condition without any issues, you will yield similar numbers as shown above.

#14 ·
You got my money in spring when the car comes outta storage!

#15 ·
what are you guys doing for 2.0t?

#19 ·
#23 ·
sorry I'm noob to tuning, so this maybe a silly question. I have a MT 3.8. I have InJen CAI but no change in exhaust. From the graph, it seems that completely stock car will gain 24 torque which is good value for $800 IMO, but the 3.8MT with intake and exhaust only gained 8 ft-lbs, which is not as good value. Why is that?

#27 ·
So with Intake and Exhaust installed its only gain around 10hp?

To answer both your questions.

The base run on the graph for Intake/exhaust car is done with the intake and exhaust change on stock ECU. So you already have gains there to begin with, then the ECU is adjusted so you will see "smaller" gains. However, if you compare it with a completely stock car dyno you can see there are bigger gains than you thought.

a completely stock MT 3.8 dynoed at 252 HP 231 TQ which with just our tune goes up to 288 HP and 256 TQ. (36hp 25tq gain)

Now bring that data over to the 3.8 with intake and exhaust.
Once again completely stock MT 3.8 dynoed at 252 HP 231 TQ. With intake and exhaust (no ECU work) the car pulls 271 HP 249 TQ. We do the ECU work on it and the car jumps to 291 HP 257 TQ. So Total gain (39HP 26tq gain)

That's the explanation of numbers.

Now take a look at the graph themselves. The tuned graph vs. Stock graph. Over all powerband is MUCH smoother than the stock powerband. For example, 3.8's have a signature dip in power @ around 4800 rpms. Our tune removes this dip. There is also another signature dip @ aroud 6300 rpms. Our tune again removes this dip. The rev limiter is also increased and your torque curve is nearly flat, giving you a huge advantage throughout all RPM ranges.

:):)

#34 ·
Wow, I'm in incredibly impressed as well. You guys have come to the market with a very well thought out introduction and numbers to back everything up. If my car wasn't already tuned I'd be a customer.

Who knows... you might still hear from me!

#38 ·
Thank you for your kind words :)

Going to be doing this soon for sure.
Let us know when you are ready to pull the trigger :)

I've got a 2012 3.8 track with a Weapon-R SRI.

How much, how quick to ship, and where to order??!?

The SFR guys are great, but had problem flashing my 2012 from mail-in .... they worked excellent with me, but the bottom line is that it wouldn't start after the flash and I ended up up the dealer for them to fix (via tow - sniff). I'm just hoping that they don't figure out that it was a flash, and just reflash the existing ECM and I keep my warranty!

Must be something new with my particular version of the ECM - I'm sure SFR will figure it out once they see my version on a car they have in-hand,but from a mail in stanpoint it just didn't work.

That has, of course, made me gun-shy about flashing - so I love the idea of just getting a new plug-and-play ECU.

I assume that, since it's a whole new box, that the ECU will work fine with my car regardless of year and prior ECU programming, right?

Let me know, and the dough will be on the way!
If you would like the stock programming it is $750 shipped and if you want us to program for your intake it will be $800. Here are the information we need from you

1. Engine size (obviously 3.8)
2. Transmission type
3. Immobilizer
4. Octane level

You can send the payment to sales@btrcc.com via paypal with the questions answered in the notes section :)

Would replacement of the ECM require that I reprogram the keys? I imagine so ....
You don't need to reprogram the keys :)
The ECU will program itself to your car once it is plugged in and turn over for the first time.

#36 ·
How can I buy!?!

I've got a 2012 3.8 track with a Weapon-R SRI.

How much, how quick to ship, and where to order??!?

The SFR guys are great, but had problem flashing my 2012 from mail-in .... they worked excellent with me, but the bottom line is that it wouldn't start after the flash and I ended up up the dealer for them to fix (via tow - sniff). I'm just hoping that they don't figure out that it was a flash, and just reflash the existing ECM and I keep my warranty!

Must be something new with my particular version of the ECM - I'm sure SFR will figure it out once they see my version on a car they have in-hand,but from a mail in stanpoint it just didn't work.

That has, of course, made me gun-shy about flashing - so I love the idea of just getting a new plug-and-play ECU.

I assume that, since it's a whole new box, that the ECU will work fine with my car regardless of year and prior ECU programming, right?

Let me know, and the dough will be on the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.