Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Lug nut size

34K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  krautastic 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting some new wheels and would like some new lug nuts to along with them but can't find the lug nut size. Are these standard thread size or do I have to be on the lookout for something particular?

#3 ·
Thank you fine sir.

#4 ·
Bumpity bump.

As someone who has never bought a custom wheel before, does the hex size matter on the lugs? I'm looking into buying a set of lock lugs for my aftermarket wheel, which I understand is M12x1.5, but can't figure out if I need a 3/4" or 13/16" hex bit size.

#5 ·
Another thing to watch for is the "Style" of the lugs. I just bought some wheels and they specified "Tuner" style lugs. It's the seating shape. I'm also looking for some locks.

If you scroll down the page on this link...XXR 522 Wheels 19x10 Chromium Black 5x114.3 5x120 under picture of the wheels in the specifications section, it shows the type of lugs needed for the wheels.

I'm not sure if there is a difference for all aftermarket wheels or not because this is the first set I have ever bought but it is something I would watch for. I also know nothing about those hex sizes . :(

#7 ·
Nearly all OEM lugs are flat bottom and nearly all aftermarket lugs are conical bottomed.

Tuner style lug nuts tend to be smaller in diameter so that you can get a socket over the lugnut. Some wheels have really small diameter holes bored to clear tools, so tuner style lugs are used for these wheels.

Thanks for the thread size info though. I need to pick up a set in a week as well. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.