Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Are the red plastic interior inserts on the doors lights or just reflectors

10K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Bk1_acl 
#1 ·
Hello,
Does anybody know if the red plastic inserts on the bottom corner of the doors trim are lights that are supposed to come on when the doors are open, or just reflectors?

I have a 2010 Gen Coupe 3.8

See red insert on bottom left corner of picture below:

See less See more
#2 ·
its just a reflector man.

#3 ·
It's an LED light on my car.

#4 ·
but you have a 13'. all the 13' guys got cooler stuff.

I know on my base model 2011 2.0T it was just a reflector.

#5 ·
On my 2012, it was the light housing, but no bulb or wiring. I bought the light and wiring and now I have a courtesy light on the door. There is an older thread on this.

#7 · (Edited)
My doors have lights in them but as you can see by my signature, I have a 13 Track, 3.8.

As far as I can tell, there is no way for us to know what year and model your Coupe is. There is nothing in your signature, that I can see. Am I missing something?:smile:

I really wish more people would put specific information in their signatures regarding the Year and Model of their Coupes. It sure would make answering cerrtain questions a lot easier.

Most people leave us guessing. What is the point of being so covert?

Or........is it just an oversight on their part?

#12 ·
From what I've seen, 2010 and 2011 have only reflectors. My 2012 has the light housing, but no bulb or wiring. 2013's and up have lights. I bought the light bulb and wiring and added it to mine.

#13 ·
i have a 13 and they do not light up, but i haven't removed my panel to check =__=

#15 ·
i have auto on my stalk, and mine doesn't light up, i've seen other '13s light up, but mine does not.

#17 ·
The auto-light sensor isn't in the rear view mirror, it's on the dash in the same module that blinks red for the security light. There is an additional sensor in there if you have auto-climate control as well. If you have auto-defog, then there is a module at the top of the windshield above the mirror with evap sensors scanning for moisture.

In 2013+'s that reflector is suppose to light up only when the door is open. Pre-2013's didn't get the light, 2010's didn't even get the mount for the light.

#19 ·
I added LED lights to my door reflectors last year ago to my 2011 GenCoupe. I purchased the red led lights assembly that fit perfectly under the lens. I brought the light over two years ago I think from Shark Racing or on eBay. The assembly bends so it wraps around the corner like the lens and I wired it to the window switch so when you open the door the lights come one when the window lowers. It makes a big difference in the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.