Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

For Those installing Supertone Horns

20K views 122 replies 26 participants last post by  Mazukou 
#1 · (Edited)
For Those installing Supertone Horns-Now Accepting Paypal

Would anyone be interested in the plugs for the OEM horn so that Hella/Solecci Horns don't have to be spliced into the stock harness? I can buy the minimum amount (10 connectors) through work. They are $6.99 a piece, and there is a 6-8 week lead time.

I would prefer to use a plug, so I don't have to strip back the stock wires, and risk ruining them.

Again, I have to buy at least 10. I would want two, and another member on here wants two, so there would be at least 6 connectors available. I can order any number over 10, so 12, 14, 18, etc.

Would anyone be interested? It'd have to sell to at least three members before I could proceed.

I'm sorry that this is in the wrong thread, I can't post in the classified thread, but I thought this would help out many people.

Paypal: kelly.jones@salve.edu

#69 ·
I'm more interested in the mounting, personally. Due to back issues, I can't bend for any length of time, and being 6'7", I really NEED to bend to do anything. I'll openly admit to not having pulled the grill off yet to look for my own mounting points.

BTW, I went Sickspeed, but the wiring/plug looks identical. If they blow (pun?), I'll snag Hellas and paint them.

#78 ·
Not quite. Some .25 female disconnects will be needed per terminal on the rear of the horns. I'm about to head to Vatozone for a solution to connect those pigtails to the new plug. OEM wiring will be retained, as advertised, I'm just having a mental block on the plug-side connector and how to wire the pigtails to it. I'll probably find a ring terminal that fits with a crimp end. More to follow.

#73 ·
WOW.... call me a "puss" but I had no idea how elaborate it is to remove the OEM grill, just to get access to those damned stock honkers.

I went to the DIY - OEM grill removal thread... but the pics on post #1 are down. I spent about an hour monkeying around trying to get to those damned little screws that hold the lower portion of the grill to the bumper. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!

Without jacks/ramps, it is virtually impossible to work from under the car. I started to remove the whole front bumper but then after reading through a couple of DIY threads for bumper removal, I got paranoid about tearing/ripping-off the flimsy clips.

So, for now, I have punted! Gonna wait until I get a replacement grill so that I get more bang-for-the-buck going through the exercise. Will allow me to replace the OEM foglight bulbs at the same time.

Guess my bad-az car will continue to have its weak-az pus honkers until I get the gumcion up to take on the task again.

Really would appreciate if somebody else who does this install wouldn't mind putting a complete DIY thread together with LOTS OF PICS! Maybe even start a whole new thread in the DIY section for upgrading horns.

#75 ·
So, for now, I have punted! Gonna wait until I get a replacement grill so that I get more bang-for-the-buck going through the exercise. Will allow me to replace the OEM foglight bulbs at the same time.
If you finished the removal of the OEM unit and simply used the upper trim screws to put it back in, removal will be sub-1min the next time. ;)

It's a pain, but if you have a wife with small hands for the outer screws underneath, it can be made easier.

My horns should be here today. If my old-man-back holds out, I'll pull the Luxon and did in to it.

#79 ·
A couple of ring terminals and appropriate nuts/bolts to secure them, some 16ga wire, and weatherproof female connectors; done. These connectors worked brilliantly.

Pics when I'm not on my phone...used the top most factory horn bracket hole and factory bolt to secure them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

#80 ·
^^ could you take some pics of everything you picked up to install everything. also you using hella horns or solecci??
would like to get this all together as soon as i get back from this deployment.

also OP, im sending you a pm.

#82 ·
word, its just a pain in the ass to naviagte thru this forum on this deployed computer, takes forever to load each page for some reason.
ill look thru it when i get home from this deployment.

#84 ·
to the OP,

im a month out from coming back from my deployment, i had my room mate check all my packages that came in. i had him look for the one that was sent to me with the connectors. this is where we have a problem. i was on the phone with him att he time so he could describe to me what all i got. he open up yours and said it was totally empty. like nothing inside whatsoever. then he mentioned he saw on the front a stamp that said the package was sent unsealed, was damaged and with no contents. i emailed you all this at the email we used before to talk about the connectors, and i also had him send me pics of the envelop and the stamp i was talking about. i forwarded the pics to you aswell. please let me know whats up with that, if nothing can be done or they cant be replaced, ima need my payment back, cause it kinda sucks paying for nothing naw mean? let me know whats what. thanks

#88 ·
I haven't been on in a while. I've sort of mildly lost interest in the Gencoupe after a few incidents and spending a lot of time and money on my 1972 Cutlass 442, but I got my connectors without a problem. I installed them a while ago. Work great. I a hoop connector, bent it at 90* and put it into the connector. Works great, just wish the sollecci horns were a little louder.

Haven't seen the OP or his car around for a while. He goes to school right next store and we used to park in the same lot. He might be home for the summer or something, I dunno. I explicitly asked for insurance, and he did it. I'm willing to pay the additional few dollars every time now, after being taken advantage of in the past. I asked for insurance, if no one else did, and he didn't insure everyone elses, I don't know. I wouldn't have, if the person didn't ask. But that's me.

#89 · (Edited)
That's nice and all but I was deployed and our convos were short, never offer insurance and I didn't think he would screw me but hey learn the hard way and know who's an ass. That is life I guess. He tried to claim I refused insurance but I still have all the emails and he never offered.

#96 ·
My 2013 has a harness for each horn. I'm gonna wing it, and let ya know. Using SickSpeed, 118 db.

#97 ·
Still possible to get these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.