Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Wax

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jman07 
#1 ·
Im not looking for a huge fight about which kind of wax is better, I just want to know what you guys would suggest. Ive had my car for a few weeks and i think im going to be waxing it soon. So any tips would help.
Thanks

#3 ·
If your car is always left outdoors I would recommend you clay bar it to remove all the contaminants off the paint then finish it off with a good quality Carnauba wax.

#5 ·
A sealant is the longest lasting wax that you can use. It also is the most work to apply. A carnuba paste is the second longest lasting. It is rather easy to apply. Everything else is third and is even easier to apply.

All you have to do is decide which type of wax you want to apply and then research that type. I'm not going to mention any brands, just give you the raw facts and allow you to decide what you want to use. There are a ton of products on the market to choose from but whatever you do, don't get caught up in the hype that one wax is going to make your paint look better than another. Wax is a protectant. It is used to protect your paint. If you are wanting to do something to make your paint look better, then you are NOT looking for a wax, you are looking for a polish.

They are two different things.

#7 ·
You mention your car is a few weeks old. For the love of god do not polish or clay bar it for a while.
Actually, there's no harm whatsoever in doing so. His paint was cured at the factory so there is no concern there. Since the car was transported to the dealership partially by rail, claying is absolutely necessary to get rid of the rail dust before it gets deeper into the paint. If there are scratches in the paint, polishing is what removes that damage. So either treatment can be necessary and will not do any damage unless he uses the wrong equipment or products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.