Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Installing a Galaxy Tab to replace stereo.

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  AKGC 
#1 ·
I remember seeing a youtube click of a guy modding out his car to have an ipad dock into his dash to be used as the media center.

I wanted to do something with a galaxy tab seeing how it's smaller and I've always wanted to fool around with Android.

Anyone have any ideas of experience on doing something like this?

#2 ·
I know that CNET Car Tech featured a video on how to do this, although the particular company featured was a Subaru tuner out of Oregon. My guess is that you'd have to find someone willing to make a dash kit for it?

#6 ·
maybe this is a stupid question but with the navigation surround that holds a 7 or 8 inch screen, can i simply find any old tablet touch screen and i'm good to go?

#7 ·
tap for power. then yes.

Might want to wire in the audio signals though :p.

With a tablet with bluetooth, a mic and running android, you can have a bluetooth/gps module somewhere else in the car, for nav. And you can use google voice for hands free tablet commands. Plus with the wifi or bluetooth, you can run Torque, Fuzzycar, or Rev and have gauge/diag on display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.