Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Rear Passenger Brembo Brake Caliper

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FrankenRob 
#1 · (Edited)
So the threads that the bleeder valve goes on to have been stripped. When bleeding my brakes, the bleeder valve came out with the caliper's aluminum threads and I'm now stuck with a useless caliper.

I was wondering if anyone knew some kind of cheap remedy. I've been quoted for $1700 at my dealership for just that one caliper. If no remedy, does anyone know a place that sells used / new brembo calipers on the cheap :dunno:
Also willing to buy someone's rear passenger side caliper if you don't want it :D

Thanks

Also, after reading through some stuff... How bad would it be if I purchased base calipers for my rear? Just until I could find a good price on my dead brembo caliper.

#2 ·
There are brake bleeder repair kits. Essentially you drill out the hole and tap to accept a special brass pipe adapter fitting which has internal threads and seat to accept the bleed screw supplied. If you're not comfortable doing that, take it to a machine shop.

Or, if you really wanted a cheap route, drill/tap for pipe fitting and put in a pipe plug. Then you loosen the brake line fitting for bleeding. Not exactly ideal, but it is another option.

Either way, clean the crap out of the caliper because you don't want any shavings getting into the wrong place.

#6 · (Edited)
The only problem will be the rotors are to big, and the caliper will most likely interfer with the backing plates, the nub on the banjo bolt for the rbake line might also interfer as i dont think base calieprs have the hole for it.

Personally id jsut tap it for a larger bleeder screw, its pretty simple if you have ever taped a hole before and itd only take maybe 15mins

edit, just need to be carful you dont get to much metal inside the caliper, you may need to remove the other bleeder adn actually blow air throught it

#5 ·
I don't think there are. Iirc after doing some reading, the only thing I'd need to switch out would be the rotors and the calipers. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same (that's what I take from people switching from base setups to the brembo setup).

Luckily, I was able to put a Heli-coil into my caliper, throw a seal in the bottom, weld the openings on the bleeder, and stuff that bitch back into its hole. So at the moment, I'm leak free and able to drive :hellokitty10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.