LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 712 Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
rebmeM roineS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!RTYLOUD View Post
Yup SAME thing happened with me. I was waiting about 2-3 weeks without any contact from BTR. I was then updated via email that my item had shipped. It only took about 5 days total IF that to go from Korea to my door. I too sent emails, and called but no answer. I know they were out tunning in different states when my transactions were going on.
Same thing happened to me when I got my ECU from BTR. Granted it was just a race tune, not the tomei tune. But I waited for 2 weeks with no info at all. The tracking info updated the day before I received the package. I got the tune and it was lacking 1:1 throttle to build boost with launch control. BTR fixed the problem very quickly though so I was happy. I have just concluded im going to go haltech before I get a bigger turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 712 Old 03-26-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangalicious View Post
Same thing happened to me when I got my ECU from BTR. Granted it was just a race tune, not the tomei tune. But I waited for 2 weeks with no info at all. The tracking info updated the day before I received the package. I got the tune and it was lacking 1:1 throttle to build boost with launch control. BTR fixed the problem very quickly though so I was happy. I have just concluded im going to go haltech before I get a bigger turbo.
Uh oh! I hope I don't run into my 1:1 missing. I honestly could care less about the launch control. Is the 1:1 a huge noticeable difference or did you figure it out by not having the launch control? I opted for both options, but I mainly care about the 1:1. When you say BTR fixed the issue fast, did you have to send the ECU back out to them? That would cause me downtime since the stock ECU isnt tuned for larger injectors...I can't have downtime lol shes my daily.

2010 Nord Gray 2.0T Track - M/T

- Like top mount turbos? Click the link below
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discuss...-pictures.html
post #63 of 712 Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
rebmeM roineS

Quote:
Uh oh! I hope I don't run into my 1:1 missing. I honestly could care less about the launch control. Is the 1:1 a huge noticeable difference or did you figure it out by not having the launch control? I opted for both options, but I mainly care about the 1:1. When you say BTR fixed the issue fast, did you have to send the ECU back out to them? That would cause me downtime since the stock ECU isnt tuned for larger injectors...I can't have downtime lol shes my daily.
Yes I noticed from launch control. WITH 1:1 throttle, you should build ~4-8PSI on race tune, but when I would engage launch control it would not build boost at all. I took a video and sent it to BTR and they said that it needs 1:1 to build boost with launch control. I did have to send the ECU back, but I sent the ECU and got it back in about a week. I can run on stock ECU so that might be a problem if something does in fact go wrong with yours.
post #64 of 712 Old 03-26-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

Oh ok so in order to build boost with the launch control you need 1:1. So I test it by trying out my launch control and watching boost gauge lol.

post #65 of 712 Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM
rebmeM roineS

Quote:
Oh ok so in order to build boost with the launch control you need 1:1. So I test it by trying out my launch control and watching boost gauge lol.
I cant say that im 100% sure that is how you would test if a car has 1:1 throttle, but my understanding from BTRcc was that my car was not building boost in launch control because it did not have 1:1 throttle.

This is without 1:1. notice how the boost falls back down once it hits the limiter. It sounds like your average launch control.

I don't have a video from inside, but this is outside after I got the ECU back with 1:1 throttle. It sounds more like all the other launch controls on the Genesis.

These videos were both with only intake and downpipe back exhaust with stock primary cat.
post #66 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 AM
dew
팥빙수

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is your o2 housing custom? I was under the impression that any o2 housing would work?!

2012 2.0T Base Nordschleife Grey
-Brembo calipers -Brembo sport drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads (front) -EBC Yellowstuff (rear) -ATE super blue
-cp-e intake -TurboXS steathback (heat wrapped) -TurboXS GT catback -TurboXS FMIC -ISC coils -Varrstoen es2 19X9.5/10.5 - Michelin Pilot Super Sports -OEM LSD -SFR Custom tune!!!
-Alpine type-s speakers all around -JBL 8" sub -Custom backup camera
http://goo.gl/tMQM7 Some pics

post #67 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
Is your o2 housing custom? I was under the impression that any o2 housing would work?!
My o2 housing is NOT custom. It's the CNT o2 exhaust housing. Should work perfectly. I have not tried fitment onto the DP however as the turbo is still out of the car.

post #68 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

ECU arrived today

Depending on my mood, I may get around to pulling my cold side IC piping this weekend to get a BOV flange welded on and then drop the turbo in the following week. We'll see.

SOLD - 2011 Tsukuba Red Genesis Coupe 2.0T RSPEC

CURRENT - 2010 White Satin Pearl Genesis Sedan 4.6 with Tech Package
-Dynomax VT Mufflers
-MSA Secondary Cat Deletes
-R2C Intake
-Uniq Rigid Collars
-2013 RSPEC Suspension
-Remote ESC Disable

Last edited by itslikeanegg; 03-27-2014 at 01:37 PM.
post #69 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslikeanegg View Post
ECU arrived today

Depending on my mood, I may get around to pulling my coil side IC piping this weekend to get a BOV flange welded on and then drop the turbo in the following week. We'll see.
Awesome dude! I'm thinking I may do it this weekend if I have the time. If not, probably next weekend.

Post pics !

post #70 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

Grimmspeed phenolic spacer arrived today!

post #71 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

So I got off early from work and decided to go down to the local hardware store and pick up the other 2 studs, nuts, and bolts I needed. There is a place near me called McFadden Dale Industrial Hardware that has just about any nut, bolt, screw, stud, fitting you can think of and an insanely cheap price.

Today I picked up:
- (2) M10x1.25 x 40mm double sided threaded studs for the exhaust manifold. These are the studs that screw into the manifold but also have threading on the opposite side in which the nut holds the turbo into place.
- (2) M10x1.25 hex nuts
- (3) M8x1.25 x 40mm bolts for the GS Phenolic IM spacer.

So since I had some free time today I decided to get the turbo mated to the manifold along with the o2 housing. I'm pretty much all ready to install the turbo onto the car, just need to find some time.

post #72 of 712 Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 PM
dew
팥빙수

2012 2.0T Base Nordschleife Grey
-Brembo calipers -Brembo sport drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads (front) -EBC Yellowstuff (rear) -ATE super blue
-cp-e intake -TurboXS steathback (heat wrapped) -TurboXS GT catback -TurboXS FMIC -ISC coils -Varrstoen es2 19X9.5/10.5 - Michelin Pilot Super Sports -OEM LSD -SFR Custom tune!!!
-Alpine type-s speakers all around -JBL 8" sub -Custom backup camera
http://goo.gl/tMQM7 Some pics

post #73 of 712 Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM

Looks good
post #74 of 712 Old 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfoxhound View Post
I don't believe in that dumb quote about setting a bird free, because once you set it free that bitch be suckin all the dicks that bird can get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueAddict View Post
It can be frustrating, expecting that sudden boost and then it falls flat. Sort of like when you’re masturbating, at climax and the damn phone rings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedwolf View Post
If you replace the pipes, could you just get a Y spliter and also have a CAI installed below the airbox? Can the turbo/ engine handle that much air flow?
post #75 of 712 Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
ROFLMAO!!!
This is great. Thanks for making my day

post #76 of 712 Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage

Nice
The problem with the studs is if you don't use "crushed nuts" they will come loose, mine did in less than 500 miles, this time i used bolts and made sure they won't come loose ever...lol

My Dad told me I should turn the other cheek... but keep my fist ready...
2011 Auto. BK2 engine, Elite Evo 9 kit with TD06HR-20G 9 blade turbine wheel and 7+7 billet compressor wheel, with BTR stage 3 tune, CXR intercooler, full exhaust with ARK...ported heads and intake manifold...bla.bla.bla
post #77 of 712 Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

That's a good idea actually. Did you drill the holes in the heads yourself? And do you know if the bolts are the same size? This seems like a better alternative.

M10-1.25 x 80mm
M10-1.25 x 40mm

post #78 of 712 Old 03-29-2014, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage

Not sure of the sizes, they might be a bit smaller than the studs but its easy to measure.
Drilling its pretty easy with a good Dewalt bit, or 2...they do break

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My Dad told me I should turn the other cheek... but keep my fist ready...
2011 Auto. BK2 engine, Elite Evo 9 kit with TD06HR-20G 9 blade turbine wheel and 7+7 billet compressor wheel, with BTR stage 3 tune, CXR intercooler, full exhaust with ARK...ported heads and intake manifold...bla.bla.bla
post #79 of 712 Old 03-29-2014, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
unce unce unce

(Thread Starter)

A little update.

I took lightthemup's advice and went the bolt way instead of the stud nut type of thing.

I picked up from my local hardware store and picked up a few bolts, washers, lock washers, anti sieze, and steel galvanized wire.

- (2) M10-1.25 x 80mm bolts
- (2) M10-1.25 x 30mm bolts
- (4) M10 washers
- (4) M10 lock washers
- (1) 19 Gauge 50ft galvanized wire
- (1) pack of bolt anti sieze

*NOTE* 1 of the 80mm bolts was about 10mm too long so I had cut the bolt about 10mm so it was now 70mm which was perfect length. The other 80mm bolt is fine as it's able to thread all the way through the turbos exhaust housing so no need to cut both, just one.

I drilled holes in the heads of each bolt, slipped the lock washer on, slipped the regular washer on, out anti sieze on the threading and torqued the bolts down. I then cut about 6" of wire and slide them through the holes, and twist tied them tight. I did it twice for each set of bolts just in case one snapped. I also tied them on opposite side to super ensure the bolts won't move.

post #80 of 712 Old 03-30-2014, 12:02 PM
that guy

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
A little update.

I took lightthemup's advice and went the bolt way instead of the stud nut type of thing.

I picked up from my local hardware store and picked up a few bolts, washers, lock washers, anti sieze, and steel galvanized wire.

- (2) M10-1.25 x 80mm bolts
- (2) M10-1.25 x 30mm bolts
- (4) M10 washers
- (4) M10 lock washers
- (1) 19 Gauge 50ft galvanized wire
- (1) pack of bolt anti sieze

*NOTE* 1 of the 80mm bolts was about 10mm too long so I had cut the bolt about 10mm so it was now 70mm which was perfect length. The other 80mm bolt is fine as it's able to thread all the way through the turbos exhaust housing so no need to cut both, just one.

I drilled holes in the heads of each bolt, slipped the lock washer on, slipped the regular washer on, out anti sieze on the threading and torqued the bolts down. I then cut about 6" of wire and slide them through the holes, and twist tied them tight. I did it twice for each set of bolts just in case one snapped. I also tied them on opposite side to super ensure the bolts won't move.

:bowd own:

Upgrading your turbo without owning a wideband is like skydiving with a blindfold
'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
TurboXS Top Mount Garrett GT3076R BB turbo
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Synapse Custom Intake, 50mm Wastegate, r35 Trident BOV
TXS FMIC Gen 2, Racepipe, RS Single Exit
Grimmspeed Ported Intake Mani
Haltech
GarageLine STS
ACT Fidanza Clutch/FW
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page