Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Tomei M7960 Bolt on Turbo *pictures*

93K views 711 replies 51 participants last post by  Jay@SFR 
#1 ·
Finally received my Tomei M7960 turbo today from BTR. Took about a week and a half to come in. Plan on getting this installed within the month along with some DW750cc injectors! BTR is also handling my tune.

Here are some pictures fresh out of the box

See less See more
#2 ·
Were you able to get any special pricing or did you pay what BTR had listed on the site? Feel free to reply via PM.

#4 ·
Where did you find the special?

*EDIT* NVM, found it.

#8 ·
Yeah man this turbo is going to be perfect! I went with the stock OEM turbo manifold but am having it pnp'd by a local here that does awesome work. Let's just say it's a little less than half the price of what GS charges (not bashing on GS, I'm sure they do it just fine also) but at $499 for the service GS offers it's just too much IMHO. I could go aftermarket at that price.

I can't wait to get this baby installed! Not sure if I should run it at 18psi or 20psi. BTR recommends 18psi on stock manifold but I'll be pnp.

#9 ·
Agreed on GS pricing. I shot them an email yesterday to get a quote and was thinking it would be $200-$300 but it was a good bit more.

#12 ·
Yeah, shoot me their info via PM. For that kind of money I'll get it done.

#11 ·
Dis is de secks

#14 ·
Love that turbo! I can't wait to see your results man!

#15 ·
BTW PM me the info for the SoCal intake manifold porting guy

#19 ·
i have the same turbo kit, you're going to love it. :bigthumbup:

#28 ·
Got the flywheel, clutch installed, and new OEM slave installed today! And boy can I say the clutch feels SOOOOO awesome! The pedal feel is say is probably 10-20% stiffer than stock but nothing intense. It grabs perfectly and fast. It honestly feels like in learning to drive stick over again. I do get loud "chatter" "shudder" from the transmission due to the SMF. I really only hear it at low RPMs (700-2500); it wil def take some getting use to but it's either no noise no power or power with some noise. Oh, I had to run to harbor freight for a pilot bearing removal tool ($17.99); was very simple to remove the pilot bearing from the OEM flywheel and press it into the new flywheel.

#29 ·
AHH, so here we have the real info a lot of us were looking for, the Fidanza flywheel does make noise as well. From what other people were saying the Fidanza ACT combo was supposed to be quiet and not much stiffer than stock. At least I know now I didnt totally waste my money on the CC setup, I like my stage 3 ceramic, going on 2 years and almost 30k miles strong. I will say though I do baby my clutch and tranny. I am probably nicer to my car than anyone else. I dont want to break anything lol... Cant wait to hear about the turbo, been considering going this route as well, good luck DIRTY

#31 ·
It's MUCH MUCH quieter than the CC clutch/flywheel combo. The stock pedal feels honestly isn't that much different but it does catch very fast (which is great for me). I will def keep you all posted and update this thread with turbo install pics.

Do you have the braided clutch line? You can ask BTR to tune your idle to remove the trans noise.
I have absolutely no noise when at idle. No complaints there at all. The only time I hear noise is when driving in low RPMS or when in gear but off the gas slowing down. It sounds like a disele. I will try to get a video but it's hard to hear. I do not have a braided line, I used stock line but replaced the slave cylinder, flywheel, clutch, and did a tranny fluid flush.

#41 ·
When I get my darn ECU from BTR lol! It's torture tracking an ECU from Korea lol! I just want it now :'(. Just got the confirmation email that it has shipped along with tracking #.

I'm guessing not for a couple weeks.

#44 ·
Need help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.