***Beyond Redline Presents: Exceladyne GT Series Turbo Kit *** - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
***Beyond Redline Presents: Exceladyne GT Series Turbo Kit ***

Greetings fellow Genesis Coupe enthusiasts. Some of you old timers may recall that we began testing with the GT series turbochargers within days of the Gencoupe's initial release. We were the first company to successfully install and test with these amazing turbochargers in the spring of 2009.

Here is the early prototype on the shop's original 2.0t Track

Since then we have been very quietly working on bringing you the best and most affordable way to achieve the same results as we did. Today is that day as I am proud to announce the official release of our GT Series Turbocharger Upgrade Kit!

The Definitive Turbocharger Upgrade Kit

This is the ultimate upgrade for your Genesis Coupe 2.0t. Includes the following components to increase your engines output to over 500 wheel horsepower!

* Your choice of Garrett GT Series Turbocharger (GT 2860RS, GT 3076, or GT 3582) featuring V-band exhaust housings
* Exclusive Exceladyne turbocharger to OEM exhaust manifold adapter
* External Tial 38mm MVS wastegate
* Custom V-band downpipe for complete integration of turbocharger, wastegate and any cat-back exhaust system
* Intake tube and free flowing air filter
* Complete oil and water connection lines for easy installation
* Power Axel base tune for ECU programming. (Power Axel module required, sold separately)

Frequently asked questions:

What else is required to make this kit work properly?

Everything needed to install the turbo in your car is included in this kit, however we do assume you have the appropriate supporting modifications for proper operation. These supporting modifications include larger fuel injectors, a free flowing cat-back exhaust system and an upgraded intercooler kit.

Is the kit a 100% bolt on product?

For the most part the answer to this question is yes. The only fabrication you are responsible for is to connect the turbocharger outlet to your intercooler system. We can supply the correct pipe for use with Exceladyne intercooler systems. (sold separately)

Will I need to have my car tuned after installation?

Yes, the ECU requires substantial reprogramming to ensure proper operation. We do provide a "base tune" for the Power Axel reflash system that will get you up and running. However custom dyno tuning is highly recommended with a modification as complex as this. The tuning can be performed by any authorized Power Axel VEO COM dealer, or the Dynojet CMD can be used to adjust ecu parameters after the "base tune" has been installed.

Will this kit fit both manual and automatic transmission cars?

At this time the kit is only designed to work on manual transmission cars. Future testing will be performed to ensure compatibility with automatic transmission vehicles.

How much horsepower can this kit make?

We have found the components of this kit to be capable of supporting over 500 wheel horsepower. However your results will depend on a variety of factors including turbocharger selection, supporting modifications, boost levels, and engine capabilities.

Is this kit safe with my stock engine?

Through boost control this kit can be used at a variety of power levels. We have found the OEM engine to be reliable to approximately 300 wheel horsepower. Anything over and above this is not recommended.

How do I order a kit?

The complete kit can be ordered online here: Beyond Redline Store However with an upgrade as complex as this, we encourage you to contact us directly so we can answer all your questions and assist you in the planning for this upgrade. The best and easiest way to reach us is to email Tim directly at: Tim@beyondredline.com

Thank you to all of our loyal and patient customers. Please feel free to ask any questions about this product and I'll do my best to get you all the answers you need.

For the fastest response always email me:
tim@beyondredline.com
www.beyondredline.com
www.beyondredlinestore.com
Chat with me on Google anytime: Tim@beyondredline.com
***Black Friday Deals on Cat-Backs, Downpipes and Intercoolers!***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Very nice! Maybe next years tax return =)
#3 Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 AM

must..pay..off...other...bills...faster...

Stock. For now...
#4 Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Seriously......I asked about this a little while ago and really didn't get an answer so i pulled the trigger on- sonething else, pm me about price etc anyways cause there may be a delay with it now
#5 Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 AM

Garage

Oh and accept my request on Skype! Its easier for me to use than that g chat stuff.
#6 Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside gen View Post
Seriously......I asked about this a little while ago and really didn't get an answer so i pulled the trigger on- sonething else, pm me about price etc anyways cause there may be a delay with it now
Pricing is available in our vendors forum. Link below:

GT Series Turbo Kit

tim@beyondredline.com
www.beyondredline.com
#7 Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@BeyondRedline View Post
Is this kit safe with my stock engine?

Through boost control this kit can be used at a variety of power levels. We have found the OEM engine to be reliable to approximately 300 wheel horsepower. Anything over and above this is not recommended.
I don't like that. I want a GT3076, but I don't want internals. Also what do people do if they NEED to pass emissions every year? High flow cat? I don't want a pain in the ass car, I just want a faster car.

2011 2.0T R-Spec
#8 Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Hawaii's 1st BT Gen Coupe

Garage

Great looking turbo kit guys maybe after this 3rd deployment I might change my setup ^_^ anyways awesome product as always. ^ about he emissions that's the perks of a modded vehicle bro, and if you guys didn't get no answer as to a release about BR releasing a BT kit maybe maybe they wanted to make sure it ran good and everything was in proper working conditions and shoot be patient people stuff takes time especially something this extensive done to your motor.

BURNT!

Last edited by MikeV; 05-02-2011 at 08:37 AM.
#9 Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjoy77 View Post
I don't like that. I want a GT3076, but I don't want internals. Also what do people do if they NEED to pass emissions every year? High flow cat? I don't want a pain in the ass car, I just want a faster car.
Go for it, let us know how it holds up
#10 Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalturbo View Post
Go for it, let us know how it holds up
Done:
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/47252-t...4-whp-yup.html

2011 2.0T R-Spec
#11 Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Will you guys be dynoing the car with each turbo?
#12 Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
It's a 'waiver' - as in they aren't accountable when you are made familiar with one of your con rods through unorthodox means. TurboXS and PTuning are likely the same way.

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT 6-speed in Nordschleife Gray
#13 Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Tim, will you be providing the dyno's for each turbo configuration + injector sizing?

Also how do you find 'heat' especially by the fuse box?

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT 6-speed in Nordschleife Gray
#14 Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)

Gentlemen,

Quote:
If you don't want internals, then keep the boost at a reasonable level. In our experience the oem internals are safe to 300 WHP. This has been proven with our first hand endurance testing. Anything above that, and your on your own. I'm not saying it won't work, but all we can do is share our personal experiences.

Quote:
Will you guys be dynoing the car with each turbo?
At this time we won't be doing individual testing. Each turbo can support approximate horsepower levels. The smallest is usually good to about 330WHP, the middle to about 450WHP and the largest over 550WHP. However, the turbo is only a small part of these results. Supporting modifications, tuning, etc will have an impact on the net numbers. Additionally the above are estimates only, there are simply too many variables to account for to provide solid numbers.

tim@beyondredline.com
www.beyondredline.com

Last edited by Tim@BeyondRedline; 05-02-2011 at 08:59 AM.
#15 Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyH View Post
Tim, will you be providing the dyno's for each turbo configuration + injector sizing?

Also how do you find 'heat' especially by the fuse box?
We will provide injector sizing guidelines based on your goals. However, bigger is not always better with injectors. Its best to size them to your immediate goal and then change them out for larger units when that goal changes.

We have not had any issues with the fuse box cover. We will be offering stainless heat shielding in the future, but the simple wrap stuff is more than sufficient.

tim@beyondredline.com
www.beyondredline.com
#16 Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd82187 View Post
Very nice! Maybe next years tax return =)
Haha same here. Bills>Me
#17 Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Garage

Quote:
Not to bash on them, but all they really did was dyno the car. Barely drove the thing. I've not heard anything more about it since then...
#18 Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Congrats on the new Kit guys.

~Drew