Introducing the EVOLVE complete exhaust system for your 2.0T (dyno tested!) - Page 2 - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1100 ain't nothin Vw and Audi exhaust start around there.
I don't see why everybody is crying
Good made product and dyno to back it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Has a baby turbo

you guys should really investigate who this guy is before bashing.

For what it's worth, I priced the materials needed to make my own exhaust because I know some VERY good fabricators. IN MATERIALS ALONE i was looking at $1,200 for a turbo-back exhaust.

The larger companies can sell for cheaper because they buy SS pipe, mufflers, etc. at MUCH larger volumes. However, you're not going to get the customer service that you'll get from Aaron, or his experience.

Trust me guys, this isn't his first rodeo. He may be new here, but he's been very successful with other platforms.

Give him a chance. I bet we see some great things come from him. Just wait.

2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec

Bikes:
2011 Triumph Daytona 675R
2006 Honda CRF250X
#23 Old 12-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Jedi Master

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChandler View Post

For what it's worth, I priced the materials needed to make my own exhaust because I know some VERY good fabricators. IN MATERIALS ALONE i was looking at $1,200 for a turbo-back exhaust.

The larger companies can sell for cheaper because they buy SS pipe, mufflers, etc. at MUCH larger volumes. However, you're not going to get the customer service that you'll get from Aaron, or his experience.

Trust me guys, this isn't his first rodeo. He may be new here, but he's been very successful with other platforms.

this is a great exhaust BUT it is pricey. I'm not bashing his stuff, any new parts to the market is an improvement. There are a HAND FULL of vendors that sell only pricey high end parts but there still great parts. This goes up with them. It would be nice to see some mroe data from there other options.

I am not a list of mods but what i know and share:
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/94778-fuel-system-what-you-need-know.html
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/86146-wastegate-101-a.html
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/91199-compressor-maps-how-read-them.html

Fav. JT Quote

Quote:
I know you like making threads about these things that have been covered a ton, but this time, no.
#24 Old 12-20-2011, 04:09 PM

This build is absolutely solid. With a v-band clamp build, the customization is not only convenient, but gives you the ability to switch over an exhaust in minutes. Quality comes with a price. Each one is hand built and comes with a lifetime warranty.

2010 Premium Bathurst Black 2.0T
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Synapse BOV
- WeirTech FMIC
- WeirTech DP w/ Hi-Flo Cat
- WeirTech TBE
- SFR 1.5
#25 Old 12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
lackadaisical

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Also guys, whats very impressive (and I should double check the dates), I think it was only like a month ago when Aaron was looking for a test car to fit and build this entire exhaust with... and now its finished already and of high quality? Thats pretty impressive turn around. With that type of skill and efficiency, who knows what other parts he could come out with by the Spring

Best of luck to WierTech

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T w/ Premium
Tsukuba Red | 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenCoupeGeek View Post
I blew past a Lamborghini Gallardo in a parking lot... and I never even left 3rd gear. It was so exhilarating I stopped, backed up, just so I could pass it again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#26 Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyA7X View Post
Also guys, whats very impressive (and I should double check the dates), I think it was only like a month ago when Aaron was looking for a test car to fit and build this entire exhaust with... and now its finished already and of high quality? Thats pretty impressive turn around. With that type of skill and efficiency, who knows what other parts he could come out with by the Spring

Best of luck to WierTech
The car was dropped off on December 5th. Product released 15 days later!

2010 Premium Bathurst Black 2.0T
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Synapse BOV
- WeirTech FMIC
- WeirTech DP w/ Hi-Flo Cat
- WeirTech TBE
- SFR 1.5

Last edited by ben2k5; 12-20-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Date
#27 Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:

What materials are you using?! I've seen tons of builds on this site where people make VERY nice catbacks for around 500$ assembled. Keep in mind that those were only catback and you are talking turbo back, but still... more than double the price...

What it comes down to in the end is that this is a bunch of metal pipes welded together... and I'm sorry, no matter how good your welds are, its just not worth that IMO
#28 Old 12-20-2011, 05:22 PM

The vbands add a bit to the price but are very convenient.

I do agree though...

It does look to be well made and I can give props for that.
But, like many others, you priced me out of owning it--- or even really considered it.

Add it all up for turbo back throw in a high flow cat price + shipping/customs from ca, and it's a 2k+ package to the door.

I paid less for my m3 header-back system... installed... at a DEALERship. :X

#29 Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Has a baby turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _christian_m View Post
What materials are you using?! I've seen tons of builds on this site where people make VERY nice catbacks for around 500$ assembled. Keep in mind that those were only catback and you are talking turbo back, but still... more than double the price...

What it comes down to in the end is that this is a bunch of metal pipes welded together... and I'm sorry, no matter how good your welds are, its just not worth that IMO
SS is expensive. I was also going to use v-bands for all the flanges. Very similar setup to what Aaron has designed. I can break down pricing if needed.

Bikes:
2006 Honda CRF250X
#30 Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

Beautiful work Aaron!

For those that dont get the price:

You get what you pay for. Hand made, in North America, COSTS. Materials, labour, R&D. It all costs.

I can guarantee his margins are slim. If these were made in China, in some sweatshop, like most other exhaust's for this car, then the price would be half. And he would have a sizeable margin. How do you think some big time vendors can offer such extreme discounts to already low pricing? Chinese Mass Production. How massive must the margins be when at regular pricing!!

Keep going for the made in China options, and soon North America's manufacturing will be dead. Buy made in North American, employ Americans and Canadians. Watch our economies thrive. Buy made in China, lay off Americans and Canadians. Watch our economies dive.

Oh yeah, the economies are already diving. Keep up the good work!
#31 Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Garage

If you feel the product isn't worth the price of admission than refrain from posting. This manufacturer released a high quality exhaust and he is immediately overwhelmed with deragatory remarks from our community.

You're not compelled to purchase the exhaust, therefore do not post with regards to unfair pricing

I only wish something similar would be created for the 3.8 platform.

2010 KW 3.8 Track

Ark - Agency Power - GTspec - Megan Racing
#32 Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Look kinda like Injen exhaust.

Parting-Out Everything
HTML Code:
http://www.gencoupe.com/private-classifieds-engine/97082-parting-out-br-turboxs-cp-e-megan-injen-competion-more-more.html#post1089584l
#33 Old 12-20-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnsigop View Post
Beautiful work Aaron!

You get what you pay for. Hand made, in North America, COSTS. Materials, labour, R&D. It all costs.

I can guarantee his margins are slim. If these were made in China, in some sweatshop, like most other exhaust's for this car, then the price would be half. And he would have a sizeable margin. How do you think some big time vendors can offer such extreme discounts to already low pricing? Chinese Mass Production. How massive must the margins be when at regular pricing!!

Keep going for the made in China options, and soon North America's manufacturing will be dead. Buy made in North American, employ Americans and Canadians. Watch our economies thrive. Buy made in China, lay off Americans and Canadians. Watch our economies dive.

If i had the cash to buy this i would. But i don't, plain and simple. And for that reason i will buy something made in china... why? Because canadians don't employ canadians, they employ immigrants willing to work at lower rates forcing my entire field to work for crappier salaries, which in turn make me buy products from china due to the lower costs.
#34 Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Has a baby turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLitZ View Post
If you feel the product isn't worth the price of admission than refrain from posting. This manufacturer released a high quality exhaust and he is immediately overwhelmed with deragatory remarks from our community.

You're not compelled to purchase the exhaust, therefore do not post with regards to unfair pricing

I'm sure that if he was able to get his hands on a 3.8, he'd be able to make an equally nice exhaust for you guys and have it done just as quickly, too!

Bikes:
2006 Honda CRF250X
#35 Old 12-21-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnsigop View Post
Beautiful work Aaron!

As I do love the bolded part of your quoted post, the second part is far from being true. Sure the economy is taking a dive at the moment but the places where we buy our stuff from is not the reason...

On topic now, this exhaust looks really clean. 1200 sure is a lot of money, but as Joseph (cdnsigop) said, things cost. Quality and service and experience come at a price. As he is designing his own products, his knowledge keeps growing...

The exhaust looks really clean, good job on it!

2.0T Premium Black
Aem Intake
6k Diode Dynamics HID & LED stage 2 kit & Led Turn signals switchbacks
(Paul has kick ass customer service, highly recommended)
HKS SSQV 3

Last edited by alex1986; 12-21-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Forgot bold
#36 Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Any plans for single exit version?

Sent from my Nexus One using AutoGuide App
#37 Old 12-21-2011, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

3.8 version?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App

2010 IY 3.8 Track
#38 Old 12-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp6969 View Post
I unfortunately have always found weirtech to be expensive. I got a quote to weld some brackets on a seat. He quoted me double the price of what i paid for the seats.
i apologize if after 1 high quote for 1 job i provided that you make the assumption that i'm always expensive. i don't recall ever quoting more than $200 (installed) for a one off set of custom seat rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagoner 726 View Post
This is outrageous. Quality definitely looks outstanding but you aren't fooling anyone dude. Those prices need to go way down. You may have better gains or slightly better quality but its not a big enough jump to justify spending that much more money. I won't buy from any of the other companies listed either because I can't justify the price for thiers. And yours is more! This community needs a vendor that creates good quality parts for what they are actually worth instead of trying to take advantage of a newer market and people thinking they can't get the same thing or better for cheaper.Good try though.
thank you for the compliment. my intention is not to "fool" any enthusiasts here. i am merely trying to offer my product and service to this community... or atleast to the members of this community who see value in the car they drive. please see the price breakdown for material at the end of this post if you'd like to build this yourself in your garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
My apologies weirtech...I feel slightly responsible for this.
it's all good. people cannot learn if they don't share knowledge. you simply shared your opinion. in response, please see the material price breakdown at the end of this post to gain knowledge of what the cost of something like this would be if you want to put it together yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByByCavalier View Post
If you want high quality parts that are dyno proven then here is another option for you. Perfect for the high power builds, the dyno queens and the OCD tuners. Not so perfect for the budget race car guy who wants everything for less.
thank you, i could not have said it better myself. this is exactly the customer i am targeting here... just because 20 different guys drive the same car doesn't mean they will all want the same parts on their car, drive the same, have the same interests, or want to pursue the same level of quality in the car they own.

Quote:

thanks, yes i have been successful with other platforms. one of those is a bmw platform for which we designed and built a dyno tested axle back muffler that sells for more than this entire system is priced at. we even make the muffler body from flat sheet in house for this item, roll it, pack it and hand tig it all together for a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _christian_m View Post

thanks for the question. for your answer, please see the cost breakdown for the parts i use at the end of this post if you want to build your own. i'd be more than happy to sell you the parts instead to save me fabricating time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLitZ View Post
thank you. that is coming in the new year, along with other products we plan to offer.

Quote:
I'm sure that if he was able to get his hands on a 3.8, he'd be able to make an equally nice exhaust for you guys and have it done just as quickly, too!
in the new year i will be approaching people for a development opportunity the same as i have done with this product.

ok, so if you'd like to build this exhaust yourself, here is a material only cost of each component for the cat'd version. this pricing is msrp from my supplier, but i can give it to you for a slight discount. i use this supplier because their materials consistently have excellent quality.

3 bolt outlet flange 304ss $25.95
90 degree 3" 304ss bend $50.95 x6 = $305.70
3" high flow metal core cat $132.95
o2 bung $4.95 x2 = $9.90
v-band flange assembly $89.95
3" 2 bolt 304ss flange $25.95 x2 = $51.90
3" 304ss tube x2' $24.00
hangars $14.95 x3 = $44.85
3"x 12" resonator $62.95
3" muffler $105.95 x2 = $211.90
3" merge collector $123.95
slip fit spring retainer kit $5.95 x4 = $23.80
tip collectors $64.95 x2 = $129.90
tip $19.95 x4 $79.80

feel free to order the material from me and build this yourself from turbo to tips for $1317.50 i'm not sure what everyone here does for a living, but be sure to include the value of your time on top of this cost.

i am trying to maintain a business. i chose offering products for the genesis coupe community to be a part of my business plan for 2012. i look forward to serving those enthusiasts who see the value in having quality parts on the car they drive that is backed by tailored service.

thanks,

aaron weir
#39 Old 12-21-2011, 06:28 AM

last pic.... welds are money
#40 Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM

At least we know why the North American economy is in the gutter

Depends on what you are looking for, but obviously China is doing great, it's not because they are building high quality, hand made parts I can tell you that much...I prefer buying quality but that's just me...coming from the Hyundai owner...

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT 6-speed in Nordschleife Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page