Club Los 3.8 V6 SuperCharger - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

GenCoupe.com is the premier Hyundai Genesis Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Imports or nothing

Default Club Los 3.8 V6 SuperCharger

Hey i was just on youtube looking over so very nice 3.8 V6 GenCoupe videos and came across this Video of a Club Los supercharger kit. I know people have been building there own custom super chargers for 3.8 V6's but but i havnt seen a complete 3.8 V6 super charger kit yet ( maybe a result as a lack of research). I did a quick search on the forums to see if anyone else had posted this yet and didnt see anything ( possibly a result of me not being used to this forums search engine ). But yea apparently with only a ( what looks like an HKS ) cold air intake there getting 430 HP to the wheels and an extra 50 lbs of toruqe that seems like alot but they show it on a dyno. The following are links to the youtube video and the website. Just wanted to know what you all thought.

http://clublos.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?...esc=asc&no=101

Last edited by BoostJunkie; 11-02-2011 at 05:43 PM.
BoostJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
genesis 3.8 track black

i think this was posted a while ago
LiMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Imports or nothing

very possibly
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
1stgengen

Yeah, this has been floating around for a bit. Its not over here on this side of the ocean though. Numbers look good but I am not a big fan of the intake position, just concerned about heat soak with that thing shoved up there in the corner where there isn't much airflow. But who knows, I would assume that Club Los thought of intake position during fabrication and there is a good reason for it being there.
One standardized US gallon of displacement compressed using 6 pistons housed in a 60 degree all aluminum V shaped block to 10.4 atmospheres injected and ejected via 24 valves and 4 camshafts. Mix part 100% organically produced air w/ part refined 91 octane liquid hydrocarbons. Expose to electricity and pressure within the energy extrapolater to produce forward thrust via a fully synchronized helical gear set coupled to a minimal slippage differentiator and rubberized traction disks.
ByByCavalier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie View Post
Hey i was just on youtube looking over so very nice 3.8 V6 GenCoupe videos and came across this Video of a Club Los supercharger kit. I know people have been building there own custom super chargers for 3.8 V6's but but i havnt seen a complete 3.8 V6 super charger kit yet ( maybe a result as a lack of research). I did a quick search on the forums to see if anyone else had posted this yet and didnt see anything ( possibly a result of me not being used to this forums search engine ). But yea apparently with only a ( what looks like an HKS ) cold air intake there getting 430 HP to the wheels and an extra 50 lbs of toruqe that seems like alot but they show it on a dyno. The following are links to the youtube video and the website. Just wanted to know what you all thought.

genesis coupe 3.8 supercharger a/t - YouTube

Legend Of Speed ::LOS::

Your search was correct...there is no final product for FI yet. Finding a tuning solution for the ECU has been a big part of the delay.
Grimmspeed PNP with phenolic spacer
NST crank pulley
Ingen SES exhaust
FlyRyde custom headlights

Other rides:
2009 Nissan GTR, 2006 Evo 9, 2010 BMW s1000rr sportbike, 2002 Harley Davidson VROD custom turbo
rocketdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #6

If it has anything to do with 3.8 FI... do a good search because it's most likely been talked about to death.

Eye Candy
- RMR CF Grill
- Superlux Tails
- BBM Rear Lip Spoiler
- 2013 F/L LED OEM Sidesteps
- DD 6000k DS1/Switchbacks/Stage 2 LED
Performance
- R2C Intake w Phenolic Spacer
- UR Pulleys
- TWM STS
- ARK DP/Sec Cats/GRiP <--- Pure Sex.
- BC BR+ with MST 17/20 Spacers
- BTRcc Tuned
---------------------------------------------------------
IN STORAGE!!! | But.... Getting facelift!
sigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Imports or nothing

Yea well i heard NGM is in development with there own SC kit for the 3.8 and being a previous 2.7 V6 Tiburon owner i can more then vouch for NGM quality as i was going to put a NGM Iced Stage 2 Sniper SC on my tib and my friend had one on his. But due to the circumstances i will not be driving for awhile. but when my licenses does come back this is exactly what i want 3.8 V6 with a SC kit. that set-up will destroy.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
genesis 3.8 track black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie View Post
Yea well i heard NGM is in development with there own SC kit for the 3.8 and being a previous 2.7 V6 Tiburon owner i can more then vouch for NGM quality as i was going to put a NGM Iced Stage 2 Sniper SC on my tib and my friend had one on his. But due to the circumstances i will not be driving for awhile. but when my licenses does come back this is exactly what i want 3.8 V6 with a SC kit. that set-up will destroy.
ngm is still taking a but to release there kit
LiMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Imports or nothing

yea well i heard there having problems getting it to fit under the stock hood
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #10

I noticed this super awhile ago but never heard any info on it mainly because it is in South Korea, but then I stumbled across this thread and decided to look back at their site ( Welcome to LOS Autoworks ). They now have a lot more info on there then they did 6 months ago, including ECU tuning and overall price of the kit. They are claiming over 400 whp on the stage 1 that is for sale.

The kit includes BK-38 charger, Aqua intercooler, iridium spark plugs, crank pulley, charger pulley, intake set, charger belt and a tuned ECU for $8,600.

The four ECU options (based on your current mods) are
A. all stock 3.8
B. center and end exhaust installed
C. manifold, center and end exhaust installed
D. custom tuned ECU to the exact mods you have

I thought they wouldn't do international shipping of this kit but I looked at their request form ( http://www.losautoworks.com/default/....php?topmenu=5 ) and there is a field for what country it will be delivered to. So that should mean they are sending these out of South Korea. I would think they would send it to U.S. as well. If nothing else it is worth the call to the number on their site, right?
Scuba Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #11

I know root blowers are better, but I think a centrifugal or how ever you spell it would be better to get better position of the intake to avoid sucking in all the hot engine air, along with easier routing of the intercooler piping. Just my .02 cents.
CrownRoyal79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Happy turbo 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
I noticed this super awhile ago but never heard any info on it mainly because it is in South Korea, but then I stumbled across this thread and decided to look back at their site ( Welcome to LOS Autoworks ). They now have a lot more info on there then they did 6 months ago, including ECU tuning and overall price of the kit. They are claiming over 400 whp on the stage 1 that is for sale.

The kit includes BK-38 charger, Aqua intercooler, iridium spark plugs, crank pulley, charger pulley, intake set, charger belt and a tuned ECU for $8,600.

A. all stock 3.8

I thought they wouldn't do international shipping of this kit but I looked at their request form ( http://www.losautoworks.com/default/....php?topmenu=5 ) and there is a field for what country it will be delivered to. So that should mean they are sending these out of South Korea. I would think they would send it to U.S. as well. If nothing else it is worth the call to the number on their site, right?

I spoke to them and they do offer their kits in north america. the only kicker iis that the parts cost $8000

I do not know of anyone who purchased this kit in Canada or the US

Now i want to see how fast I can go in this:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151285354263576.479057.339315588575&type= 3
Jaguarlee27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post

A. all stock 3.8

I guess i can share some information about it. I will update it once i reach my office.

Sent from my SHW-M250K using AutoGuide.com App
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I guess i can share some information about it. I will update it once i reach my office.

Sent from my SHW-M250K using AutoGuide.com App

SO?????????????????
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #15

Sorry for late updates.
I needed some time to get the permission from him to update his result.
Here it comes!

Basically he is a drifter.
He goes to drift school and competitions almost every month.
Beside that, he seemed to enjoy full boost driving often.
The durability of Superchaged engine seemed to be way much better than Turbocharged engine. Sadly my one is 2.0 turbo engine... but! it looks fine so far.
He just upgraded from his previous Superchager Stage1 to Stage3.

you may refer the parts he used in his car.
-Manley Piston
-K1 Connecting Rods
-Superchager & Aqua cooler kit,
Crank pulley, Supercharger pulley, intake system,
Superchager belt head gasket, engine oil cooler.

And the Dyno result as below...

Last edited by Dylan; 03-26-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #16

Wow, the numbers look perfect but the price just seems pretty steep. It is $8,600 for the parts from Club Los. Then you need boost controller, exhaust temp gauge and air cleaner which is another $400 - $500 (best guess). Then of course you would really need the internals which would most likely have to be CNC machined for the compression ratio you will need for what boost you are going to be running. That's probably going to be at least another $1500 - $2000 total for the parts Dylan mentioned he has on his car.

IDK, maybe it's just because I have been around extremely common muscle cars most of my life that have a lot of options for FI that drives the price down to be competitive but $10,500 - $11,100 for just the parts you would need seems too much. Not to mention how much time / money the installation would cost.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Car newb

Don't forget cost of installation.
-BC Coils
-Bronze Varrstoen 2.2.2's
-Hankook V12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishThunder View Post
It's not a light switch situation of retarded or not. It's a level based question. Like was he code red butt ****ing a couch cushion retarded? Or just like licking strangers knees disabled. Maybe a touch of finger blasting his cat listening to dragonforce and eating an ice cream cone too fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
This is why animal cloning is so easy, they have no soul.
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #18

Yep, I would figure that is going to be about 12 hours of work in the best case scenario. Price per hour here in Maryland is $80 - $90. So you are looking at another $960 - $1,080 for installation.

So now you got a $12,000 supercharger without a custom tune once it's installed.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #19

I emailed them a month ago. They assured me their stage 1 is good on stock internals. Its up to you if you want to beef it up. I'm pretty sure its not gonna be rocket science to bolt this thing on unless you're the type of guy who pays for every bolt on to get installed. YES, its going to be expensive at around 9.5k with a canned ecu. I'm putting the turbokit.com kit at around $8k so i guess this isn't that far off. Someone close to BTRcc should scoop this up and see what its about, atleast they'll be close to get some ecu **** sorted out if they had to.

Eye Candy
- RMR CF Grill
- Superlux Tails
- BBM Rear Lip Spoiler
- 2013 F/L LED OEM Sidesteps
- DD 6000k DS1/Switchbacks/Stage 2 LED
Performance
- R2C Intake w Phenolic Spacer
- UR Pulleys
- TWM STS
- ARK DP/Sec Cats/GRiP <--- Pure Sex.
- BC BR+ with MST 17/20 Spacers
- BTRcc Tuned
---------------------------------------------------------
IN STORAGE!!! | But.... Getting facelift!
sigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
Track Member

I wonder how well the stock bottom end handles this.
threepoint8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.