Lightweight Crank Pulley Set - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Speedy1
 
Kebber1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightweight Crank Pulley Set

Any idea when there will be a lightweight crank pulley set for the 2013 V6
3.8L? Or can the 2011 to 2012 crank pulley sets fit on the 2013?

If there are any performance design shops that want to use my new 2013 to be a test car for any supercharger or turbo kits or for that matter any other performance upgrades, let me know.
Kebber1223 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe the old pulleys will still work. So much so I now have a set from Throwdown and will be installing them on my 2013 this weekend, I will be comparing weights and measurements to old OEM pulleys to be double sure. But at first glance nothing has changed. I will post with my results on Monday.
Mike@Invision is offline  
#3 Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Speedy1
 
Kebber1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Yes, it is verified and done from my standpoint. I installed the NST lightweight crank pulley today and it definitely fits and it also shows some decent increase in responsiveness. I just ordered the lightweight alternator and water pump pulley from them.
Kebber1223 is offline  
#4 Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
GCP
Senior Member
 
GCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have not looked, but is the stock pulley a harmonic dampener? or just a solid pulley?

I am asking because if the stock pulley is a harmonic dampener, than you need to install a harmonic dampener. Very bad things will happen over time if you use a solid pulley on a motor that was designed to use a harmonic dampener.
GCP is offline  
#5 Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM
PM me for deals
 
Sam@PRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In before the "my car is running like **** and I don't know why. It couldn't be the pulley though it fits fine."

Your best source for upgrades that matter!
19t's
Bosch Injectors

Coming soon:
Fuel return line setups


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermaster View Post
Hydro printing is for making Carbon Fauxber fake wannabe carbon fiber ricer crap products that not only look bad and not like carbon fiber, but they cost almost as much and cause you to eventually develop colon cancer.
Sam@PRW is offline  
#6 Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP View Post
I have not looked, but is the stock pulley a harmonic dampener? or just a solid pulley?

I am asking because if the stock pulley is a harmonic dampener, than you need to install a harmonic dampener. Very bad things will happen over time if you use a solid pulley on a motor that was designed to use a harmonic dampener.
It has been verified by Hyundai techs that the harmonic dampening is all internal with these cars. The crank pulley does have some dampening design to it, but according to Hyundai that is a standard design to eliminate as many vibrations as possible.

People (myself included on my old car) have been running lightweight pulleys on these cars with ZERO issue forever. Mind you I said "lightweight" and not "underdrive".

They are perfectly safe on these cars despite the gloom and doom rumors people that have never installed pulleys before will spread.

Just my .02
Mike@Invision is offline  
#7 Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 AM
PM me for deals
 
Sam@PRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Invision View Post

They are perfectly safe on these cars despite the gloom and doom rumors people that have never installed pulleys before will spread.

Just my .02
Whatever you say billy.

Your best source for upgrades that matter!
19t's
Bosch Injectors

Coming soon:
Fuel return line setups


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermaster View Post
Hydro printing is for making Carbon Fauxber fake wannabe carbon fiber ricer crap products that not only look bad and not like carbon fiber, but they cost almost as much and cause you to eventually develop colon cancer.
Sam@PRW is offline  
#8 Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM
GCP
Senior Member
 
GCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Invision View Post
It has been verified by Hyundai techs that the harmonic dampening is all internal with these cars. The crank pulley does have some dampening design to it, but according to Hyundai that is a standard design to eliminate as many vibrations as possible.

People (myself included on my old car) have been running lightweight pulleys on these cars with ZERO issue forever. Mind you I said "lightweight" and not "underdrive".

They are perfectly safe on these cars despite the gloom and doom rumors people that have never installed pulleys before will spread.

Just my .02
I did not see any type of harmonic dampening inside the block of the 3.8L... Can you link this information from Hyundai, and if you have any info on how and where there is internal dampening... by all means please link it, because there is no internal dampener according to Hyundai's block assembly diagrams



Thanks

Last edited by GCP; 06-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.
GCP is offline  
#9 Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Wants to go back to Cali
 
SoullessSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I did my crank pulley install on my 3.8, the stock crank pulley had some rubber material on it but not a whole lot. It also weighed a ton compared to the NST version tho. I've had it for about 1500 miles now and no problem whatsoever.

"My coupe is my sanity"
2011 Nord Gray 3.8 Track
Megan Racing Transmission Mount-LED Angel Eye-Modified 2nd Cats-SFR Rigid Collar-System Upgrade Headers-Vega Type 1-TSW-BC Racing-Grimmspeed Phenolic Spacer-NST Pulleys-Ralco STS-SFR 1.5 Refrash-7ism Race CBE-"Coupe GT" Rear Badge-Blox Racing 490 Knob-GC Tuner Carbon Rear Diffuser-Injen CAI
SoullessSin is offline  
#10 Old 06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
GCP
Senior Member
 
GCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1500 is not over time. Generally, when you put a solid pulley on a car that had a harmonic dampener, it takes a good while to do serious damage. You are not going to have a crank bust in half, or bearings beat to death in 1500, or likely even 15000 miles, but eventually it will take it's toll.
GCP is offline  
#11 Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 AM
stock car modified driver
 
project jayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: murrieta
Posts: 5,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP View Post
1500 is not over time. Generally, when you put a solid pulley on a car that had a harmonic dampener, it takes a good while to do serious damage. You are not going to have a crank bust in half, or bearings beat to death in 1500, or likely even 15000 miles, but eventually it will take it's toll.
I'm close to 30,000 miles since i installed my pulley (i have the prototypes that NST made) no issues whatsoever...drive the car almost 80 miles everyday.
project jayden is online now  
#12 Old 06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
GCP
Senior Member
 
GCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It might be fine, just pointing out that normally, if you motor comes equipped with a damper, you need to replace it with a damper, and the 3.8L at least does not appear to have any internal dampening.
GCP is offline  
#13 Old 06-23-2012, 04:36 AM
ThrowdownPerformance.com
 
Throwdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

To confirm, we have had a few people install the 3.8 Genesis pulleys on the 2013, they are direct bolt up.

I'd be happy to elaborate more if needed as we have on other threads on the topics of pulleys, but there have been zero problems installing pulleys on the Genesis. We took all inputs and specifically worked with Unorthodox directly as we have on other projects to ensure they were as light as possible (Stock diameter set weighs 1.45lbs) and perfectly balanced. Modern engines are internally balanced, the rubber that is on the OEM pulley is there one for cost and as was mentioned to reduce vibrations if the OEM pulley is not well balanced.

Both of those things said, I should mention that we HAVE had more than one customer confirm on large hp builds that the OEM crank pulley is actually extremely poorly designed. A customer with a 2.0T just called the other week on the 2.0T pulleys (which we will bring to market and are designed) because as he built his car, he was amazed how unbalanced the flywheel, crank pulley, etc were and led to a rebuild. Many do not realize this as their cars are kept stock, but as they go into modifying contrary to popular belief, the OEM pulley actually shows weakness.

There is also a misconception on underdrive crank pulleys, much due to some being done wrong or too aggressively. We now offer an underdrive crank pulley as well for the 3.8 V6. Similar to the stock diameter it is perfectly balanced, extremely light weight. The only difference is that it is slightly smaller (and I emphasis slightly as it needs to be done correctly to balance what additional unused power there is to gain vs over doing it). IN NO WAY DOES RUNNING AN UNDERDRIVE PULLEY MEAN YOUR CAR IS GOING TO BLOW UP. All that underdriving is doing, is utilzing a smaller crank pulley to gain additional power by spinning your accessories at a slightly slower rate. The only potential downfall of an underdrive pulley vs stock diameter is that if you are running a lot of accessory power (ie a large system, etc) you may need that additional accessory power or need to upgrade your electrical components (ie better battery, alternator, etc). For MOST people, you can run an underdrive pulley no problem. Underdriving came to be because most cars come from the factory with the accessories spinning at a higher rate than needed. By slightly underdriving the crank you can benefit by gaining additional power all that was unused (sitting there being spun and not used) on your car. Think of it in that way, that your car is constantly spinning to charge these accessories, but depending on what output you actually need, there is usually energy that is charged and is not being used. That is the ONLY difference between underdrive vs stock diameter when comparing the two.

Stock Diameter crank pulley
- Can run supercharger (you would not want an underdrive for this and that was why we launched the stock diameter first)
- Extremely lightweight
- No change to accessory pulley spinning speed
- If you plan to run a supercharger or feeel that your accessory power is needed (ie larger system over 600rms), a stock diameter pulley will give you the performance benefit of reducing the rotating mass on the crank dramatically.

Underdrive
- Also extremely light weight (due to less material is actually weighs slightly less than stock diameter
- Should not be used with a supercharger
- Using a slightly smaller than stock size, spins accessories at a slightly slower rate to gain additional power.
- If you are not interested in a supercharger, do not plan to have a large system in your vehicle, a underdrive crank pulley may be just the mod you want. You will benefit from dramatically reducing the weight of the crank pulley as well as harnessing some additional unused power by slowing your accessories spin rate.

Hope this helps folks, here's another good link on many questions (and apologies for any bad english, it's early lol)

Unorthodox Racing



Join Us: FACEBOOK | INSTRAGRAM


::CONTACT US:: EMAIL: Sales@ThrowdownPerformance.com | AIM: ThrowdownPerform

Last edited by Throwdown; 06-23-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Throwdown is online now  
#14 Old 06-24-2012, 08:57 AM
GCP
Senior Member
 
GCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
Modern engines are internally balanced, the rubber that is on the OEM pulley is there one for cost and as was mentioned to reduce vibrations if the OEM pulley is not well balanced.
Internally balanced terms of rotating assembly, and the point of a harmonic balancer has nothing to do with un-balanced pulleys. True enough that it is not like the old V8's, but the effect of harmonic vibrations is still there. Harmonic balancers are there to reduce torsional vibrations that are created by the torque imparted to the crankshaft by the firing of the cylinders.... you can balance the crankshaft, flywheel, pulleys, etc. etc. all you want, but NOTHING will get rid of the harmonic vibration created by firing of the cylinders.


I remember very clearly people saying the same thing about the 2jz's (unorthodox made a solid crank pulley for them too....) , LS1's when they first came out... As it turns out ... as long as the cylinders are firing, and you do not have an internal dampener (such as the crank driven counter rotating shafts) you still need a harmonic dampener. solid pulleys are much cheaper to make than a harmonic dampener, if they were not needed OEM's would most definitely stick solid pulleys on there.

Putting a solid pulley on the 3.8 is just a bad idea, and you are asking for trouble.. Why don't you just build a better harmonic dampener, like the ATI unit's?

Last edited by GCP; 06-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.
GCP is offline  
#15 Old 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
ThrowdownPerformance.com
 
Throwdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

You are more than welcome to your opinion on the matter but there is a lot of information and confirmation out there as was stated even from another member that Hyundai themselves have even confirmed the engine is internally balanced. Between the short stroke, lack of piston pin off-set and the short TDC dwell time the harmonic signature is almost non-existent. In addition the forged crankshaft and significantly tighter programming which kills any real chance of detonation of any kind also eliminates the need for an engine protective damper. While I can't speak for all pulleys and I know that's where the topic was directed, I feel extremely safe recommending Unorthodox Racing pulleys to our customers, we worked with UR throughout the entire project, they are not only the best performing, but the highest quality pulleys out there. To date we have not had a single issue with a pulley. The truth is, pulleys are one of the best bang for the buck modifications out there.

If anyone wants to read more on the topic, I'd recommend to follow this link, the UR blog has a ton of information on this topic in depth ; UR The second topic speaks indepth about damper.

Beyond the technical, we have been working with Unorthodox Racing for years and we can't really say enough about the quality and performance of their products. They have been in business for 16 years and have yet to have any issues regarding their pulleys. That includes many cars who have been running their pulleys for many of those 16 years, still without a single issue. If anyone has more questions on the topic, I know Unorthodox has always been more than willing to speak with our customers about their products. With their years of success in this business, they are experts on this topic.



Join Us: FACEBOOK | INSTRAGRAM


::CONTACT US:: EMAIL: Sales@ThrowdownPerformance.com | AIM: ThrowdownPerform
Throwdown is online now  
#16 Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
ByzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP View Post
Internally balanced terms of rotating assembly, and the point of a harmonic balancer has nothing to do with un-balanced pulleys. True enough that it is not like the old V8's, but the effect of harmonic vibrations is still there. Harmonic balancers are there to reduce torsional vibrations that are created by the torque imparted to the crankshaft by the firing of the cylinders.... you can balance the crankshaft, flywheel, pulleys, etc. etc. all you want, but NOTHING will get rid of the harmonic vibration created by firing of the cylinders.


I remember very clearly people saying the same thing about the 2jz's (unorthodox made a solid crank pulley for them too....) , LS1's when they first came out... As it turns out ... as long as the cylinders are firing, and you do not have an internal dampener (such as the crank driven counter rotating shafts) you still need a harmonic dampener. solid pulleys are much cheaper to make than a harmonic dampener, if they were not needed OEM's would most definitely stick solid pulleys on there.

Putting a solid pulley on the 3.8 is just a bad idea, and you are asking for trouble.. Why don't you just build a better harmonic dampener, like the ATI unit's?
GCP,
What if we exchanged every pulley out except for the one with the Harmonic Balancer? If this is so needed as well, why haven't Unorthodox or any other aftermarket Performance company made a severely lightened Harmonic Balancer...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
You are more than welcome to your opinion on the matter but there is a lot of information and confirmation out there as was stated even from another member that Hyundai themselves have even confirmed the engine is internally balanced. Between the short stroke, lack of piston pin off-set and the short TDC dwell time the harmonic signature is almost non-existent. In addition the forged crankshaft and significantly tighter programming which kills any real chance of detonation of any kind also eliminates the need for an engine protective damper. While I can't speak for all pulleys and I know that's where the topic was directed, I feel extremely safe recommending Unorthodox Racing pulleys to our customers, we worked with UR throughout the entire project, they are not only the best performing, but the highest quality pulleys out there. To date we have not had a single issue with a pulley. The truth is, pulleys are one of the best bang for the buck modifications out there.

If anyone wants to read more on the topic, I'd recommend to follow this link, the UR blog has a ton of information on this topic in depth ; UR The second topic speaks indepth about damper.

Beyond the technical, we have been working with Unorthodox Racing for years and we can't really say enough about the quality and performance of their products. They have been in business for 16 years and have yet to have any issues regarding their pulleys. That includes many cars who have been running their pulleys for many of those 16 years, still without a single issue. If anyone has more questions on the topic, I know Unorthodox has always been more than willing to speak with our customers about their products. With their years of success in this business, they are experts on this topic.
Throwdown,

Is there an Unorthodox complete set minus the one with that replaces the one with the Harmonic Balancer?

If so I'm interested.


"God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal!"

2009 Corvette C6 JetStream Blue
423HP 389TQ @ 3200lbs
AirAid Intake
BBK LT Headers
BBK X-pipe
MagnaFlow Exhaust
KW V3 Coils
ZR1 Sway bars
EBC GD Rotors
EBC Blue Stuff Pads
Centric SS braided Brake Lines


IG Official_Byzking
ByzKing is offline  
#17 Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Member
 
Juiniya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nice
Juiniya is offline  
#18 Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
ByzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

I tested the complete.lightweight pulley set including stock pulley. Wow. Gained more than 7hp and 7tq. Driveability dramatically increased. Car seems like it woke the f*ck up. Seriously. Dramatic decrease in rotational mass. No danger to motor as their design is much like stock. 3.8 does not use a dampener. The difference in weight is huge. Stock crank pulley is 70oz. The entire unorthodox racing pulley set from throw down performance weighs less than 25oz. Truly.amazing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App


"God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal!"

2009 Corvette C6 JetStream Blue
423HP 389TQ @ 3200lbs
AirAid Intake
BBK LT Headers
BBK X-pipe
MagnaFlow Exhaust
KW V3 Coils
ZR1 Sway bars
EBC GD Rotors
EBC Blue Stuff Pads
Centric SS braided Brake Lines


IG Official_Byzking
ByzKing is offline  
#19 Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
SacGenGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know what your saying GCP there was an entire thread on this in the 10-12 3.8 section. While i do not argue the gains i am leery about the pulleys. Yes some people have had them for 30k plus miles but that is one or two cars and who knows he could spin a bearing tomorrow because of it. I have written other stuff on the pulley here.

Reading through my posts I see that i should have said getting rid of to much dampening instead of going to light on the pulley. but same concept and all.

Has anyone tried the GCTUNER 2009-2012 Non-Stop Tuning Pulleys on 2013 V6 3.8L?
SacGenGuy is offline  
#20 Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
ByzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGenGuy View Post
I know what your saying GCP there was an entire thread on this in the 10-12 3.8 section. While i do not argue the gains i am leery about the pulleys. Yes some people have had them for 30k plus miles but that is one or two cars and who knows he could spin a bearing tomorrow because of it. I have written other stuff on the pulley here.

Reading through my posts I see that i should have said getting rid of to much dampening instead of going to light on the pulley. but same concept and all.

Has anyone tried the GCTUNER 2009-2012 Non-Stop Tuning Pulleys on 2013 V6 3.8L?
Why would you go with NST? They're crank pulley alone ways more than the entire Unorthodox Racing set. Guys, you know me and how serious I take my reviews / write ups on each part I test. I put my name behind the products I use.
Staged and Dyno thread from stock to highest HP Privately owned and Daily Driven 13 3.8

My Review on Unorthodox Racing Pulleys

Baseline HP Numbers:
314.9HP @ 6614
276.8 TQ @ 5249 RPM
Stage 6
Results:
322.6 HP @ 6476
284.4 TQ @ 5249
Gains: 7.7 HP7.6 TQ

Upon visual inspection the parts were noticeably more advanced in design and much higher quality than the stock parts. When holding the the Stock parts in my hand, they felt like dead weight in comparison. When holding another competitors crank pulley in my hand it felt heavier than the entire "Unorthodox Racing" 3 pulley system.


Stock Crank Pulley is 70 oz!
NST crank pulley weight – 25 oz’s = 1.56 lbs
UR 3pc set weight = 1.45 lbs


During installation, It took 2 of us pulling on a breaker bar to crack that bolt loose. We also had a minor setback on the alternator wire. The tech got a little excited and accidently ripped it. Since we were at the dealership, we had a replacement wire harness readily available.

After installation I noticed an immediate increase in engine response. Motor appeared to rev more freely like it had a huge load taken off her shoulders. Smurfette genuinely seemed happier and full of pep. There were zero signs of increased vibration or engine knock. Everything just seemed lighter, quicker, and more eager to go. The engine tone even appeared smoother. If I had to choose 2 words, it would be "smooth" and "quick".

By looking at the dyno graph, you see the TQ curve appears to be be higher and lasts longer.
The HP seems to kick in sooner, peak higher, and lasts for 200 RPMs longer. The graphs can be misleading. It may just appear to close the gap even more between TQ and HP... but what it really means is...

A dramatic increase in driving pleasure and an overall reduction in flat spots during acceleration throughout the entire RPM range. There is a road where I live that I've been running hard for almost 20 years. It's got a little straightaway before some nasty twisties... I usually enter it in a hard left, flat out on the straight, then hit the twisties. ACS and TCS are off as I know every line on this path. After running the Dragon hard for the prior weekend and never missing a single run, I was well dialed in to my car's behavior in the entire rpm range.

I hit this little road back home hard.

Something was wrong.. The car was now to quick to go flat out of the hard left and take the straightaway. I ended up drifting it. Those twisties coming out hard in 2nd gear and 3rd were accelerating significantly harder and I was actually able to shift up to the next gear between turns.
I wish I had done this sooner.


I'm not going to lie. I was scared to try pulleys, but now no one is taking them from me. The science is clear to me. Quite frankly, I don't care about the other other manufacturer's cars or their motor balance problems. Our cars don't have harmonic balancers and; therefore, Unorthodox Racing's aftermarket pulley doesn't suffer from any balance issues.

I personally attest to the science behind Unorthodox Racing's Stock Diameter lightweight pulley system. It literally is a lightweight, perfectly balanced pulley system that is not only better than stock, it's the best that is available for our cars.

I feel safe running these on my car. I wouldn't dare run another brand though. Set your car free, but if you're going to do it, choose something that you can rely on.

I put my name behind Mark at Throwdown Performance who gave me the opportunity to test these Unorthodox Racing Pulleys.




"God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal!"

2009 Corvette C6 JetStream Blue
423HP 389TQ @ 3200lbs
AirAid Intake
BBK LT Headers
BBK X-pipe
MagnaFlow Exhaust
KW V3 Coils
ZR1 Sway bars
EBC GD Rotors
EBC Blue Stuff Pads
Centric SS braided Brake Lines


IG Official_Byzking
ByzKing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[[BTRcc]] New product introduction (Lightweight pulley set for 2.0T) BTRcc 2.0T Discussion 2008-2012 28 05-31-2014 08:42 PM
RRM Lightweight Crank Pulley Jordy 3.8 V6 Discussion 2008-2012 116 11-08-2012 03:31 PM
FS UR 3 pcs Lightweight Pulley Set w/ Belt for 3.8 Awesome3.8 Ontario 0 05-03-2012 05:03 PM
FS: SFR lightweight pulley set, 3.8 Astocdm Engine 4 03-29-2012 06:01 AM
FS: RRM 2.0 lightweight crank pulley white night Engine 8 12-22-2009 12:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome