Remote Start Unlock - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Remote Start Unlock

I've got a Clifford remote start system (Not sure the specific model but it's a 1-way remote start).
The system has been installed for quite some time and works nearly flawlessly.
Every feature on the car works as it should independently. Remote start, stop, timer, unlock, lock, trunk, etc. They all function. I do however run into one issue, after I remote start the vehicle and it has been running for a few minutes, when I attempt to unlock the car it seems to unlock for about 1 second and then relock. I believe this may be an issue caused by the factory lock systems but I'm not entirely sure what exactly is causing the issue or if it's possibly an issue with my module.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Давай, до свидания!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Which bypass did you use? Did you install it yourself or you had the installer do that for ya?
#3 Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this ^

sounds like the factory system is fighting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevejohns29 View Post
Im learning JB! lol
#4 Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM

(Thread Starter)

I didn't use a bypass. I've got the base model and did the install myself.
It's such an odd issue though just because it only occurs after the vehicle has been running for a few minutes. I can unlock/lock all day long without issues if the car isn't start, as well as a minor time window (I'd guess-timate around 3min) after the remote start has been activated. I'm wondering if I may have tapped the wrong unlock wire? Perhaps there is more than one?
#5 Old 01-15-2013, 06:39 AM
Давай, до свидания!

I have an 11 R-Spec which is basically a base model with extras and I need a bypass. Give yourself a favor and look at your key. If you see the circle then you need a bypass. Even if you don't see a circle, you may still need one just for the locks. They aren't very expensive and I would give it a try though. Here's what my key looks like:

#6 Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM

(Thread Starter)

I actually purchased a bypass at the same time as the remote start unit. It's the Xpresskit DBALL. It will be sometime before I climb back under the dash and tackle the install.
My key does have a circle in the same spot as yours, but it doesn't have that tiny dot in the middle of the circle, however.
#7 Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Давай, до свидания!

not sure if that dot in the middle really means anything though. BTW how long did it take you to install everything? I am debating if I should do it myself or have my friend at shop take care of it. Don't really want to kill my weekend on this because I am so friggin picky and hate spaghetti lol
#8 Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 AM

(Thread Starter)

The install took me about a day, I started at about 8 in the morning and finished around 6pm, obviously taking breaks for food, drinks, bathroom, etc - and that was while diving in head first not having a clue of what to do. I'm sure if I had to do it again I could finish faster than that. I used DIY Viper 5301 as a reference and ran into a few issues because my Clifford unit isn't exactly the same wiring, but a bit of common sense goes a long ways! Had I purchased the same unit as in the guide, I am sure I could've had it done in a matter of hours.
#9 Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM

(Thread Starter)

I would be prepared to get lost in the spaghetti for the weekend though, just to be safe.
#10 Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Давай, до свидания!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primez View Post
I would be prepared to get lost in the spaghetti for the weekend though, just to be safe.
nahhh decided to wait till spring with this LOL then I will have to make a decision about which bypass I'd want to go with as well as the system itself.
#11 Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM

(Thread Starter)

Allow me to make this recommendation - get at the least a 2 way system. I didn't do my research when I bought my Clifford unit which is only a 1-way and I'm now wishing I did.
#12 Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Давай, до свидания!

Oh ya, thanks! I am just thinking about going with Avital 5303L it's nice and simple; installed it on my 240 w/o any issues and loved that virtual tach feature. Also, it also has built-in turbo timer feature, which I don't really need but still. I don't think one can find anything better for the money.
#13 Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM

(Thread Starter)

My clifford is supposed to have the virtual turbo timer but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.
#14 Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Давай, до свидания!

Doesn't it say how to activate it in the instructions? My remote had a star button, which is the same button that activated the remote start if I held it for more than 3 seconds. So, in order to activate the turbo timer, here's what I've done: park, and right before getting your keys out of the ignition, press the star button for less than a second. Remote beeps a few times, meaning it's activated, take the keys out, get out of the car, and lock it like you normally do. Once the timer times out, the car turns off and remains locked. Try, hopefully you have to do something similar to what I had to do.
#15 Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM

(Thread Starter)

I will give it a go. I have the setting enabled on the unit so with any luck that should do it.
#16 Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Давай, до свидания!

Ya, let me know if that works for ya.
#17 Old 01-17-2013, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My key has no circle and the previous owner installed an Audiovox remote start. Mine will not unlock with the fob if remote start has been activated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

-- 2010 3.8 Auto Bathurst Black --
- PA gloss black wing badge
- Flowmaster 80-Series
- C6 Z06 exhaust tips
- R2C
- Hella Supertones
- Sedan 4-piston calipers
- RMR CF grille
- Eibach Pro Kit
- M&S Carart bezels
- Nexus 7/Type B bezel
- Yakima roof rack
- Megan Racing mid-pipe
- Sean Flynn test pipes
- Top Speed Headers
#18 Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Давай, до свидания!

Yea, it is basically equivalent to you trying to lock or unlock the car yourself while sitting in the running car with the keys in the ignition. In my parents Santa Fe, I was able to just completely disable the factory keyless entry by removing the brain, which was mounted right next to the obd2 plug. It was a black box with a huge antenna and I am not sure where would it be on our cars (didn't get a chance to search for it yet). I believe this is the main reason why people are having so many problems with aftermarket units is because the factory one is still active as well. This is somewhat confusing and I don't want to give false info, but it appears that some of our cars need both bypasses, one for remote start and another one is for locks (one box for both), some will need for locks only.
#19 Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

its not a bypass thing, where r u guys getting ur lock wires from. the car is running and not seeing a key present assumin no one is in the car and locking itself, there are 2 wires in the door u need to isolate together the lock position sensor wire and factory disarm wire, if u r nlocking with one wire only thats prolly ur problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page