Stock nav hack - Page 10 - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#181 Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah my main concern is that the fourth pin is not connected to a video chip on the other end. The rest is software as we say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM

I am not a hacker and not a S/W expert by anymeans. I had a Kenwood unit with Garmin and bluetooth that I installed in my Tiburon. I like having the integreted climate phone and other features with the stock Nav in my Genesisi but it honestly is just a generic Nav system. I have a friend who has the 2011 Kia Sorento and his Nav is very similar, but no climate displays, however he has backup cam (which I so miss) and he just got a postcard saying that there was a Nav upgrade available for $185. Maybe we will be upgraded soon. I would love to at least add a backup cam and a better ipod integration.

2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring in Nordschleife Gray with: RÄZO RA123 Shift Knob, Billet Parking Brake Cover, KDM Big Grip Pedal Set, Diode Dynamics Stage 3 LEDs, ArtX Mudguards, Cargo Net & Mat, CF Sequence Diffuser & Spoiler, VIS CF AMS Hood, VIS CF Grill & Fog Surrounds, KDM Winged Emblems, Silver trim on Steering & Dash, LED under dash accent lighting, Import Shark CF Snorkel & Engine cover, Chrome Door Handles, MGP Caliper Covers, Sarona Side Splitters...more to come.
#183 Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2011 View Post
Yeah my main concern is that the fourth pin is not connected to a video chip on the other end. The rest is software as we say
There is an interesting project - usb camera support for win ce. Haven't tried it yet. Windows CE Webcam Project
#184 Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Automotive Fanatic

I would like to see support for themes, backup cameras, and possibly Parametric EQ's with Crossover??? I understand that themes and backup cameras are possible, but a parametric EQ would change the sound system completely, we can really unlock the hidden potential of the infinity speakers, especially if paired with aftermarket subs. (I plan on doing this eventually.) I had a parametric EQ on an Alpine HU in my other car, a 1997 Mercedes with stock premium bose sound system. After I learned how to use the EQ and crossover, I fine tuned it exactly the way I wanted it, and my sound system sounded better than anything I have ever heard. The Stock door speakers hit the highs and the 2 12' in the trunk did all the bass. It was more than enough bass, but not too much at all. Everyone would comment on how good it would sound being in my car. (Just FYI, I like bass, but not the kind that's deafening and heard from 2 towns away lol)

Last edited by H0rn3t920; 04-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.
#185 Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 AM

Garage
subscribed

Interesting...........

I would be interested in running latest maps, and with bluetooth, tether Internet through our iPhones?

'10 Bathurst Black 3.8GT Automatic (Totaled June 2014, Tires/Rim and other stuff up for sale check classified)
35% tint sides and back
SFR Reflash WOW
RMX CF Grill
Matt Black Emblem (rear)
3D Steering Emblem
Eibach Pro Kit
CNT V3 CBE
Braelin BR02 19x8.5 (+25mm), 19x10.5 (+35mm)
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/35/19, 275/35/19
#186 Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 AM

Watching this thread closely! I'm an experienced .net programmer, but i've never written an app for wince. I've written a couple progs for android though.

2012 Circuit Silver 3.8 GT
#187 Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blezalex View Post
There is an interesting project - usb camera support for win ce. Haven't tried it yet. Windows CE Webcam Project
Hmm the USB protocol/bus should plenty of room for expansion of various items we want hooked up
#188 Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Hmm the USB protocol/bus should plenty of room for expansion of various items we want hooked up
It also has a list of supported cameras Windows CE Webcam Project - View Discussion. I think other cameras might also work..

Does anybody want to try?
#189 Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
It also has a list of supported cameras Windows CE Webcam Project - View Discussion. I think other cameras might also work..

Does anybody want to try?
Hey, I don't own a GenCoupe, but from what we've heard, the Sonata's Navi should be the same as the GenCoupe's Navi.

A few of us over at the Hyundai-Forums are tired of the constant needing to click Accept for the Navi, and the annoying sound that beeps when the engine is off but the radio is left on. I believe I should have a aftermarket backup camera laying around which I can ship to you (just paypal me shipping or something), or I can give it to someone local (in Toronto) who can work with you so then maybe you guys can get the backup cam to working and begin coding for the aftermarket OS. Let me know.

I'll get a picture of the camera up tonight so you can see if it'll work.

- Simon
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
#190 Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfzhao View Post
Hey, I don't own a GenCoupe, but from what we've heard, the Sonata's Navi should be the same as the GenCoupe's Navi.

A few of us over at the Hyundai-Forums are tired of the constant needing to click Accept for the Navi, and the annoying sound that beeps when the engine is off but the radio is left on. I believe I should have a aftermarket backup camera laying around which I can ship to you (just paypal me shipping or something), or I can give it to someone local (in Toronto) who can work with you so then maybe you guys can get the backup cam to working and begin coding for the aftermarket OS. Let me know.

I'll get a picture of the camera up tonight so you can see if it'll work.
I think those two issues are relatively easy to fix, if you have nav unit line in gencoupe. What is the output from sonata backup camera? A regular comosite video signal or something different?
#191 Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I think those two issues are relatively easy to fix, if you have nav unit line in gencoupe. What is the output from sonata backup camera? A regular comosite video signal or something different?
I'm not sure, anyway to check without me taking apart the dash?
And to access the nav line is to click and hold on the globe for 5 seconds and then installing the .exe you have posted right?

This is the camera I can send you or give to someone in the GTA that can help you to work on:

I purchased this and it was supposedly made for the GecnCoupe before I got the car because I was considering between the GenCoupe or the Sonata.

- Simon
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
#192 Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
And to access the nav line is to click and hold on the globe for 5 seconds and then installing the .exe you have posted right?

This is the camera I can send you or give to someone in the GTA that can help you to work on:
I purchased this and it was supposedly made for the GecnCoupe before I got the car because I was considering between the GenCoupe or the Sonata.
Can you make pictures of all connectors this camera has? Looks like regular composite out camera. If so, it would not help much.

To check if your unit is same you need to copy install.exe i posted here to usb flash, connected in and click "Upgrade.. " from screen with globe. If install.exe runs successfully, it'll drop you to WIN CE explorer shell. Then make pictures of folder structure you have there. /hardisk1 /docfolder, etc. go up to 3 levels deep so i can see what files are there.

Last edited by blezalex; 04-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.
#193 Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Can you make pictures of all connectors this camera has? Looks like regular composite out camera. If so, it would not help much.

To check if your unit is same you need to copy install.exe i posted here to usb flash, connected in and click "Upgrade.. " from screen with globe. If install.exe runs successfully, it'll drop you to WIN CE explorer shell. Then make pictures of folder structure you have there. /hardisk1 /docfolder, etc. go up to 3 levels deep so i can see what files are there.
Here are the photos of all the connectors, I hope it can help:

I will take a try it as soon as I get off work and get you some screenshots, thanks again blezalex!

- Simon
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
#194 Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM

Garage

Quote:
I managed to get resolution problem fixed for most of the apps. My solution is based on this [APP]Change screen resolution and DPI (CSRD) - xda-developers

Basically now a have an app that intercept system calls and returns correct resolution to other apps.

I run video player and it looked pretty good. Processor is a bit low, but it would be able to run converted or not very high-res video.

I also managed to run iGo navigation and connect to GPS. There is still a lot of work to be done, though.

Here is link to new install.exe and resfixer http://bit.ly/y68t1i. You'll need to copy CSRD2 to /harddisk/.

Video on hyundai genesis coupe - YouTube
3rd party nav running on genesis coupe - YouTube

Looks like at this point it is possible to run almost any Win CE5 compatible application, including navigation

And as usual: NO GUARANTEES. I'm not taking any responsibility for whatever you do or can not do to your device.

Wow awesome! Let me know if you release everything that can get that nav setup running on my car. Looks Way better than the stock one

-Nord Grey 3.8 M/T Nav -

+SuperLux
+REVV Digital Nav upgrade - Check it out!
+AEM
+RMR
+SFR
+Stillen
+SFT-012's / Hankook V12
+HSD
+...
#195 Old 04-27-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:

I've looked at that one too. It is composite and will only work if we can get the fourth pin on the jack hook-up to work.
#196 Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
I have a 2011 Sonata SE (2011 didn't come with backup camera) so I bought the stock hyundai mobis camera that is used in our cars from someone that had a supply in Korea. I remember the camera had an RCA connection but our radio did not, it was CANbus and the kit had a CANbus to RCA adapter. Hope this helps.
#197 Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I've looked at that one too. It is composite and will only work if we can get the fourth pin on the jack hook-up to work.
Ahh that's unfortunate then

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicks View Post
I have a 2011 Sonata SE (2011 didn't come with backup camera) so I bought the stock hyundai mobis camera that is used in our cars from someone that had a supply in Korea. I remember the camera had an RCA connection but our radio did not, it was CANbus and the kit had a CANbus to RCA adapter. Hope this helps.
Thanks kicks!! I really had no clue lol

- Simon
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
#198 Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicks View Post
Can you give me links to that adapter and/or some pictures of it?
#199 Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM

Last night I made a pretty good progress on Navi soft replacement. I found a way to fix sound problem, so now it will correctly dim music in front speakers and give instructions through them.

I can release everything that is needed to run "upgraded" navi software on your unit, except for iGo binary files. You'd have to find them yourself (not hard at all). I choose iGo but this hack is not limited to particular software, you can choose some other app
(Navigon, TomTom, etc)
#200 Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Last night I made a pretty good progress on Navi soft replacement. I found a way to fix sound problem, so now it will correctly dim music in front speakers and give instructions through them.

I can release everything that is needed to run "upgraded" navi software on your unit, except for iGo binary files. You'd have to find them yourself (not hard at all). I choose iGo but this hack is not limited to particular software, you can choose some other app
(Navigon, TomTom, etc)
Dude you're AMAZING!
I took a few pics of running your install.exe and are currently being uploaded to flickr, I will post the links as soon as I am done!

- Simon
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page