hyundai offers a paint protection plan - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hyundai offers a paint protection plan

i think you guys may know what im talking about is it worth it? they say it keeps the car from getting scratches and swirls and stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM

Is it Hyundai offering the plan or the dealer themselves? If its the dealer's work then its a total rip off.
#3 Old 09-15-2009, 09:14 AM

(Thread Starter)

i cant remember it was on a matt at the dealership on the desk
#4 Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM

The best paint protection, is to practice good car washing techniques.

and the best way to eliminate swirls and scratches is to learn how to do paint correction, or hire a professional detailer to do so....

all these "paint protection plans" that dealerships offer is nothing more than a car detail or some clear bra applied only to certain areas of the vehicle....
Which in all cases, are costing you an arm and a leg paying through the dealer

a good paint correction every 2 years makes sure that your paint looks BETTER than when it came out of the dealership.
#5 Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 AM

I got a paint and leather protection package from the dealer... It was on the sticker but since I had APP, I sure as hell didn't pay for it.

My salesguy was cool and basically told me it was BS and that is the first thing they offer for free when people start to bitch about the price.

New Car: Mira Blue 3.8 AT Gen Coupe (LOVE IT)
Old Car: 2008 Civic Ex (slow as hell)
#6 Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Hyundai Sales

We use a legit system here. I have actually had it applied on my personal cars. But I will tell you that the markup in these products is big.

Dustin@Key Hyundai of Manchester
21 Hartford Turnpike
Vernon, CT
860-643-2700 ext 206
Email- DDrummey @ keycars.com
#7 Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 PM

I have this on my car, trust me this don't protect lot the paint. It was better then a normal polyshine but for the price is to high for what it gives!

I wait for more information about titanium coating. Actually it would like avaliable only in korea
#8 Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM

So far from what Ive gathered on this forum is clear bra and zaino. Zaino is also suggested by several detail shops.

2010 Lime Rock Green V6 M/T Track w/Navigation
#9 Old 09-15-2009, 02:32 PM

I got this plan and the reason is that they will fix any stone chips on bumper and fender twice in 5 years.. Just to repaint the bumper itself should cost at least 300 CAD.... So to me it was worth getting one..also you get unlimited interior cleaning...
#10 Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I have seen this question come up on just about every car care forum known to man. Here's the real scoop. The 3M Clear Bra is the only paint protection available that is actually some type of protection. Not only does it work but you can clearly see and feel it on the car when you get close enough.

Anything else (and I mean EVERYTHING else) is complete BS. Don't let some fancy, smooth talking salesman talk you into buying this crap. In most cases, they whip your car back to the detailing section and wax the thing, then roll it out to you like something was done to the car. Total BS. Don't get screwed out of your cash by falling for this gimmick.

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
#11 Old 10-13-2009, 05:13 AM
boss

Where I bought my coupe they call it a 3 way, I think it was around 800$. They put the paint protection on, basically a wax that protects against tree sap, bugs, ext. Then they put scotch guard on the cloth interior, that helps the interior resist stains. Then they spray the bottom of the car with rust inhibitor, they say it also helps deafen road noise.
#12 Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 AM
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeturbo View Post
Where I bought my coupe they call it a 3 way, I think it was around 800$. They put the paint protection on, basically a wax that protects against tree sap, bugs, ext. Then they put scotch guard on the cloth interior, that helps the interior resist stains. Then they spray the bottom of the car with rust inhibitor, they say it also helps deafen road noise.
If you read the small print on those plans, you'll see that it states, "frequent application of this process is necessary to ensure complete protection." In other words, If you polish & wax your car frequently, the paint will be protected. I agree 100%. The only thing is, I can do that myself using my very own paint correction kit and it won't cost me anywhere near $800. Add to that a can of Scotch Guard and I haven't even hit the $500 mark. Plus, I will have enough product left over to do this application over and over again, a bunch of times. You on the other hand, would have to keep taking your car back to them at $800 a pop! I hate to be the one to break the news but they got you good.

The funniest thing you posted was the noise deafening claim they gave you with the undercarriage treatment. Man, that's classic! I know they sit in the break room and ROTFL with that one!

Don't fall for these plans folks. They are a total ripoff. Stealerships are in business to rake you over the coals. Don't let them tinkle in your ear and swear to your that it's raining.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 10-13-2009 at 05:47 AM.
#13 Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
The funniest thing you posted was the noise deafening claim they gave you with the undercarriage treatment. Man, that's classic! I know they sit in the break room and ROTFL with that one!
From my understanding korean GC's don't have the layer underneath that prevents rust and such in the wheel wells. A member a month or two ago posted pics of their coupe in korea and the first thing they did was put the black stuff on the underside and wheel wells. One of the additional bonuses he said was less road noise. So that is actually true. But as far as I know the north american GC's already have this from the factory.

But yeah...$800 for a coat or two of wax is a rip. If they use something good it'll start to wear after a few months assuming they apply correctly...if they use something crappy and and apply it poorly we're looking at a few weeks.

2.0t base - Karussell White
21.0 mpg. WTF hyundai?
#14 Old 10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneirwolf878 View Post
From my understanding korean GC's don't have the layer underneath that prevents rust and such in the wheel wells. A member a month or two ago posted pics of their coupe in korea and the first thing they did was put the black stuff on the underside and wheel wells. One of the additional bonuses he said was less road noise. So that is actually true. But as far as I know the north american GC's already have this from the factory.

But yeah...$800 for a coat or two of wax is a rip. If they use something good it'll start to wear after a few months assuming they apply correctly...if they use something crappy and and apply it poorly we're looking at a few weeks.
The only thing on the vehicle market that can be applied to the OUTSIDE of the car and remotely do this is something called Rhino liner. It was made to rust proof and protect truck beds. I guarantee it will do that, however, I have NEVER heard of anyone spraying that stuff on their undercarriage because it will basically seal the bottom of the car. Kind of hard to access anything under the car if it was sealed up and I'm sure a bunch of stuff would overheat and quit working if you did.

There are a multitude of products that are made for that purpose that go INSIDE the car, under the carpet. Here's what we in the Corvette world use:

The entire cockpit is covered with this stuff, front to rear. Even the doors as you can see. This is the proper way to insulate your cabin which keeps heat and noise out, and heat and cool in. Trust me, ain't nothing sprayed on the outside of your car worth crap unless it is a Rhino liner. Like I said before, that's made for truck beds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page