Join Date: Mar 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What bothers you about the Genesis Coupe??
To start off, i love my red 3.8 GC.
It's the best car i've ever driven (Granted, i'm only 19 and have driven like 2 other cars )
However, the Gen is far from perfect. A few things about the car really piss me off:
- No rear windshield wipers. What's up with that?? the 350z has one doesn't it?? the car has freaking anti-condensation for the rear window but doesn't have wipers (It rains about 4 month a year here.)
- The horn sounds like ****. It's really high pitched. Sounds like a scooter is honking.
- No seat-belt holders to keep them at reach. I got used to twisting my arm that far back but every time i have a chick with me it's the same remark "Why is the seat-belt so far back?!?"
There are more but these are the main problems i have with the Coupe.
What about you guys??
read windshield wiper would have made the back look like crap (this is my personal opinion) less clutter = better
the horn does sound like crap, my friend's tiny mini cooper has a louder horn, but you can always upgrade your horn and it is fairly easy to do (there's a DIY here somewhere)
there is a seat-belt holder on the left side of your seat, if you're using it already and still can't reach it.. sucks to be you?
oh and I'm not sure how these things can really "piss" you off, they annoy me a bit at best. Remember, you're driving a Hyundai (the company that gives you the most value for your buck)
If I were you, I would be thankful for being given a GC at the age of 19 (I'm assuming your parents bought you the car, if you're paying it yourself, kudos to you and don't take offense at my comment)
The seat-belt holder is down on the floor which does not really do much to keep it close. + doesn't solve the passenger side dilemma.
I live in Lebanon and yes my parents bought my car (for 43000 $ US btw) and i'm thankful for it everyday
Those things piss me off because i do on average about 150 miles of driving each day (don't ask) and comfort becomes an issue.
No worries, i don't take offense at someone's opinion.
- Headrests are so forward, they get in the way when you drive with a helmet
- No lateral support adjustment on the seats
that's all i can think of for now, after a year and a half of ownership
but i still love it !!!!!!
- The stereo doesn't keep "Random" selected when you shut off the car. (Nav model)
- Impossible to get to an artist in the middle of the alphabet because there is no Search feature with your iPod. (Nav model)
- Seat belt rattle
- No way to roll up windows with the remote key
- Too many chicks want rides, I can't afford all the condoms.
- Door windows go up with engine turn off, but sunroof doesn't : WTF ?
My seat makes a popping noise on the back every time I put pressure on it, and the ecu doesn't want to cooperate with my new turbo. Other than that I love the car.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How a 306hp V6 Genesis Coupe became a 364hp V6 Genesis Coupe, with dyno graphs ...||McFly||3.8 V6 Discussion 2008-2012||178||01-01-2013 04:27 PM|
|2010 Genesis Coupe or 2011 Genesis Coupe?||ericxd||Ontario||14||07-13-2011 04:52 PM|
|Equiss, Genesis sedan, and Genesis coupe will get v8 5.0lither !!!!!!!!!! WOW||gocrazy||General Discussion||13||09-14-2010 12:50 PM|
|Report: Hyundai Genesis, Equus To Get AWD, Next Genesis Coupe To Rival M3||AutoGuide.com||AutoGuide.Com News||1||08-24-2010 01:55 PM|
|Genesis Coupe Tested! Hyundai Genesis Coupe Full Test - Edmunds||Kai||Media||11||03-05-2009 06:54 AM|