3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
oil pressure gauge install help??

can someone please give me a parts list ( T connector size or not at all? extra hoses? etc...) and walk through for installing a oil pressure gauge on a 3.8? i have a GLOWSHIFT ELECTRICAL BAR OIL PRESSURE GAUGE and the frog eye pod from importshark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

First find the oil pressure sensor, probably on the oil filter housing. Then get the VDO oil/temp/pressure fitting. It threads perfectly into the housing. Then you will just run your wires then install your sensors and your done.

Legal Disclaimer: Anything that I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website (www.gencoupe.com or any affiliated or non affiliated sites), pertaining to modifications and/or events, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car or real world experiences, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issue, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
post #3 of 35 Old 06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
슈퍼 쿠페 ^_^

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
post #4 of 35 Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy0812 View Post
This one? BRASS T FITTING ADAPTER FOR VDO OR AUTOMETER OIL TEMPERATURE AND OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNITS

I'm looking for a cheap non-permanent way to add my temp sensor.

Thats the very one! Mine has been in for over 2 weeks now and no issues. wrapped it in some thread tape and bam!! It is a tight fit thread so go slow you'll know when to stop.

Legal Disclaimer: Anything that I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website (www.gencoupe.com or any affiliated or non affiliated sites), pertaining to modifications and/or events, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car or real world experiences, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issue, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
post #5 of 35 Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM
I'd rather do it myself

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Most senders are 1/8" NPT threads. You need to look at where you are going to tap in to see what kind of room you have.

There is no easy way to get coolant temperature other than OBDII. Oil temp is even harder.

That being said an oil filter port adapter is best for temp and pressure. For the coolant on the 2L I drilled and tapped the rear coolant pipe near the OEM temp sender. This was easy to do and did not require draining the coolant. You can easily plug it if you do not want to keep the sender there.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
If the Pharaohs had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose...."
post #6 of 35 Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Raspberry View Post
Most senders are 1/8" NPT threads. You need to look at where you are going to tap in to see what kind of room you have.

There is no easy way to get coolant temperature other than OBDII.? Oil temp is even harder.

That being said an oil filter port adapter is best for temp and pressure. For the coolant on the 2L I drilled and tapped the rear coolant pipe near the OEM temp sender. This was easy to do and did not require draining the coolant. You can easily plug it if you do not want to keep the sender there.
Not sure where he asked about the coolant temp. There is PLENTY of room to use that fitting and both your factory and aftermarket sensor. I will take pictures when I get the car back stupid dealership. And I test fitted it before install and it worked fine.

post #7 of 35 Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 AM
I'd rather do it myself

Garage

I didn't know what sender Snoop was talking about so I just threw in both of them.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
post #8 of 35 Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Here is the fitting I was talking about,

Installed with plenty of room.

post #9 of 35 Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I just bought the T fitting and a male end and i am going to try this tomorrow when i do my oil change. where exactly is the sensor?
Im asking because i read other threads and saw someone said it was hard to find and even harder to work with.
post #10 of 35 Old 07-09-2012, 12:12 PM

The Factory oil pressure sensor is screwed into the oil filter housing. You can't miss it, and no offense, but if people are having trouble finding the sensor, then they should not be working their car. The sensor comes out really easy I suggest an adjustable wrench to remove it.

The factory sensor is to the left in the picture and the autometer is to the right.

Just remeber it is going to be a "tight fit thread" Its going to go in very snug, don't over tighten the fitting as you may strip out the threads and not know it. I marked my fitting by drawing a line matching where the threads stopped showing wear so I didn't go too far.

Last edited by CrownRoyal79; 07-09-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Thread pitch.
post #11 of 35 Old 07-09-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

this is my first oil change with my gen so i havnt been under there except to install the exhaust and intake and in the past ive used a sandwich adapter. but anyway heres the post i read were the guy said it was a pain to get to and no working room......just so u see where im getting this from.

Oil pressure sensor install
post #12 of 35 Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Trust me its not anyone near complicated that thread has made it!! Also as one other person pointed out and I saw immediatly!! He was referencing his power steering pump! :wtf:

Trust me when you goto change your oil you will see where the oil filter is, the sensor just above screwed into the housing where your oil filter is, is the factory oil pressure sensor.

I suggest going to the general section and down loading the 2.0 manual its free and will help you with your oil change as well.The picture you see I uploaded is what your going to see.

post #13 of 35 Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 AM

I have a 2.0 and the autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge. The fitting that came with it is much different. Anyone know if it would just go to the same location, or would I need this t fitting?
post #14 of 35 Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I'd rather do it myself

Garage

The OEM fitting is metric.

EDIT: Actually using my super duper Parker thread gauge identification kit it looks like a tapered 1/8" - 28 BSPT. Definitely is not an 1/8"-27 NPT thread.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:

Last edited by Red Raspberry; 09-25-2012 at 10:00 AM.
post #15 of 35 Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd rather do it myself

Garage

If you are some what handy the 2L oil filter adapter comes off the block easily and the gasket is reusable. On top of the adapter you can see a flat cast in boss that's at ~45* angle that could be drilled and tapped for whatever. It's on the filter out side of the flow so it would be after any adapter plates and just above the OEM sensor.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
post #16 of 35 Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
The canadian aka 손영웅

on my 2010 track here how i install my oil pressure..I used a BRASS T FITTING ADAPTER FOR VDO
BRASS T FITTING ADAPTER FOR VDO OR AUTOMETER OIL TEMPERATURE AND OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNITS

Quote:
You donít WORK!
You donít EAT!
You donít GRIND!
You donít SHINE!
post #17 of 35 Old 12-10-2016, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Raspberry View Post
If you are some what handy the 2L oil filter adapter comes off the block easily and the gasket is reusable. On top of the adapter you can see a flat cast in boss that's at ~45* angle that could be drilled and tapped for whatever. It's on the filter out side of the flow so it would be after any adapter plates and just above the OEM sensor.
exactly what I wanna do, but don't want to reuse the gasket. Do you happen to have a part # for it?
post #18 of 35 Old 12-11-2016, 04:38 AM
I'd rather do it myself

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz777 View Post
exactly what i wanna do, but don't want to reuse the gasket. Do you happen to have a part # for it?
215242c200
MZ777 likes this.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
post #19 of 35 Old 12-13-2016, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamtos View Post
on my 2010 track here how i install my oil pressure..I used a BRASS T FITTING ADAPTER FOR VDO
BRASS T FITTING ADAPTER FOR VDO OR AUTOMETER OIL TEMPERATURE AND OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNITS

These people are money hungry... The part is $13.25, $8.95 is USPS shipping and $5 handling fee because the order is less than $25. Really hate to deal with businesses like that. Are there any other places that sell something like this?
post #20 of 35 Old 12-13-2016, 01:09 PM
I'd rather do it myself

Garage

I've had two brass nipples crack on me at the oil pressure sender port. Get a steel one.

Search for "1/8" BSPT Oil Pressure Sensor Tee to NPT Adapter Turbo Supply Feed Line Gauge T" on ebay

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page