How to fix my aux input? - Hyundai Genesis Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to fix my aux input?

I plug in my aux to my phone or any device. I have tried 3 working aux cables. I have to push the aux chord in left and right to get it to play. I let off and it cuts out again. Strangely its the input of a car, and not the devices or aux cables. I find it odd. How do i fix this? I want to take it to the dealership to get it fixed. But i don't feel like taking out my intake. I would hate to void the warranty.

Any options? Where do I go from here? I could fix it myself if i knew what part i had to work with or wire. Any tips? I couldn't find any results for it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 AM

AUX problem

I asked my dealer about this as well. They said that it is a known problem and Hyundai is working on it, but the fix will most likely come in their later models.
I had the same problem with mine and getting a longer AUX cable seemed to help. When I plug up the AUX to my phone I leave most of it in the armrest and pull out just enough slack so that there is no tension on the phone connection or the car's AUX connection. I now works a lot better.
Hope this helps.
post #3 of 28 Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_john4 View Post
I asked my dealer about this as well. They said that it is a known problem and Hyundai is working on it, but the fix will most likely come in their later models.
I had the same problem with mine and getting a longer AUX cable seemed to help. When I plug up the AUX to my phone I leave most of it in the armrest and pull out just enough slack so that there is no tension on the phone connection or the car's AUX connection. I now works a lot better.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help bud. I did try my monster aux cable, and that is the longest jack I have come across.

I did find a solution to anyones problems of it not working if you don't have the usb and aux that's for the hyundai.

So first. Use the USB cord for the device you want to play music through. Put it in the leaner input. Then plug into your device. Then put the aux in the port. Then plug into your device. USB gets plugged into your device before the aux cord. Your device wont charge. The car will not read the usb. However you get the sound without having to worry about positioning the aux cord. Basically you will be using two cords instead of 1. However it works.

Do it if you haven't!

Also as a note. Ipod shuffles that have a usb without a cord. cordless devices. Or any mp3 player that has a usb that you can plug straight into the usb. The car will read it, and you can play your music that way too. You can also skip tracks through the steering wheel controls then too.
post #4 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Keeps Them Guessing!!

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Just to let you know....an intake will not void your warranty. Hyundai sells intakes for the through the dealer.

3.8 GT(Can) 6M
Bathurst Black

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Mark Twain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
Using a Dynojet is like trimming your pubes. It's still the same size engine but you can see it's full potential.
post #5 of 28 Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 PM

I have the same problem. I've since stopped using my phone for music, and switched to the included ipod cord. Works perfectly fine now. Except for the fact that the stupid hyundai thing comes up and bricks your ipod while it's plugged in. I hate having to change playlists through the headunit. I assume the dealership would blame it on my sub/amp, so I'm not even gonna try getting them to fix it.
post #6 of 28 Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This problem is because of bad contacts in the socket. You can sometimes elevate the mini "prongs" in the socket by using a bent needle, but disassembling it or changing ig is usually the best. Finding a cable with a jack that is slightly thicker than the mini jack standard (i.e. china junk) can sometimes fix it too.

Alternatively it is a soldering for ground that is broken.

Spirited countryside driving returned 12 MPG. At 9.33 USD/gallon it was worth every penny
post #7 of 28 Old 07-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Anyone have the part # for the USB/AUX plug??
post #8 of 28 Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephansnow View Post
Sadly I do not know the number. But there are tons of these online. Pretty sure they have bad reviews however.
post #9 of 28 Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2011 View Post
This problem is because of bad contacts in the socket. You can sometimes elevate the mini "prongs" in the socket by using a bent needle, but disassembling it or changing ig is usually the best. Finding a cable with a jack that is slightly thicker than the mini jack standard (i.e. china junk) can sometimes fix it too.

Alternatively it is a soldering for ground that is broken.
Thanks for the tips! I'll work with it tomorrow.
post #10 of 28 Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Miss Thread Derailer

If I can find my invoice from Hyundai I'll post the price and P/N. I just replaced my USB/AUX cord (original one was stolen). The new one is soooooooo much cheaper than the one that came with the car when I bought it. But it works.

Check out ebay, they're significantly less money on there and function the EXACT same.

2010 Genesis 2.0T MT Nordschleife Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned88 View Post
A llama Lauren? really? spitters are quitters

Last edited by Lauren; 08-03-2012 at 05:58 AM.
post #11 of 28 Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM

I think they are having problems with the jack and not the hybrid cord from Hyundai Lauren? That was how I understood it though?

Spirited countryside driving returned 12 MPG. At 9.33 USD/gallon it was worth every penny
post #12 of 28 Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 PM

I'm also having this problem with my car. The sound only works if I bend or push in my aux cable. Did anyone find a solution? I'm bringing it to the dealer this weekend to get it checked out.
post #13 of 28 Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM

How to fix my aux input?

I had the same problem I took it in to Hyundai and the just replace it also cai will not void your warranty since them sell them and I really don't see why they would even open your hood to fix the aux cord inside the car. I know because I watched them do it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

need Moarrr
post #14 of 28 Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Thanks, that sounds great. Did they charge you for replacing it or was it covered under warranty?
post #15 of 28 Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM

How to fix my aux input?

Nope didn't pay a thing all covered they also threw in a new iPod cable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

need Moarrr
post #16 of 28 Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM

I have this issue as well, doing what coryrer suggested has work so far but i would like to be able to charge the phone from the 12v instead of needing it plugged into the usb jack just to get the audio to work.
i went to hyundai and it wasn't under warranty because they told me electrical is only covered up to 3 years/36000 miles. is there a way i can fix this **** myself?
post #17 of 28 Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriukas View Post
I have this issue as well, doing what coryrer suggested has work so far but i would like to be able to charge the phone from the 12v instead of needing it plugged into the usb jack just to get the audio to work.
i went to hyundai and it wasn't under warranty because they told me electrical is only covered up to 3 years/36000 miles. is there a way i can fix this **** myself?
I'm not completely sure, but do run the aux cord into your phone port. Then also run the 12 volt battery charger. So put the 12 volt charger into your phone. then run the aux to your phone. No usb required. It works. Your phone will charge, and play music. It will just make a noise when you press the gas. It's odd, But it works. And I did have the part replaced at the dealership. I may have the part number laying around that is needed, but it's basically the whole system that needs replaced.
post #18 of 28 Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryrer View Post
I'm not completely sure, but do run the aux cord into your phone port. Then also run the 12 volt battery charger. So put the 12 volt charger into your phone. then run the aux to your phone. No usb required. It works. Your phone will charge, and play music. It will just make a noise when you press the gas. It's odd, But it works. And I did have the part replaced at the dealership. I may have the part number laying around that is needed, but it's basically the whole system that needs replaced.
Your pwr cable is too close to your aux cable , if that can't be avoided then you'll need a "ground loop isolator" on your aux cable ,they're cheap and on ebay.

2010 Nord Grey 2.0T 5AT- Sold
2016 DGM Rex
post #19 of 28 Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephansnow View Post
theres two. one is double the price

961202M100
961202M600
post #20 of 28 Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM

I took my car in for this problem as well as my bluetooth never working. They gave me a new radio and put in a new Aux port. Bluetooth still doesn't work, Auxiliary cable still not working either, and I have 2 brand new Aux cables I tried. Really pissed off its been like 2 months i'm going back tomorrow. I just want to listen to my music without needing a million cd's in my car.

Mods:
ISIS TBE, K&N SRI, Slotted Rotors, Ceramic brake pads
BC Coilovers, Varrstoen 222 Gloss Anthracite,
RMR CF Grill, HID's and Fog's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page