Charging the key fob - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 03-02-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Charging the key fob

I read in the past people talking about this. i spoke to the dealer and he stated that you only put the key in the slot under the ac config when the battery on the fob dies. If and when it dies you take the key out of its slot(the top of the fob), open the door, put key back in slot and insert fob in "battery charger". From there you push the start button and the key fob is charging. He said you never have to replace the battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM

How would you open the door if the keyfob is out of battery power? Is there a separate key hole on the door?

Quote:
The Pony is now a horse
#3 Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 PM

There is an actual keyhole in the door handle.

Sorry for such the large image. First one I could find.
#4 Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM

(Thread Starter)

Honestly i didnt look at the door, but the pic is clear. but there is a key in the fob like the mercedes key fob. I just looked through this site and couldn't find that brochure that has the pic of the fob. ill go and snap one tomorrow.

When you look at it knowing there's a key there you immediately know its a key. I pulled it out and it was half of a full size key. Meaning, half was just to make it look like the design of the fob and half, hidden, a full size key.

The black dot is the button you press, with the fob in the pocket, to "open" the door, while simultaneously pulling the lever.
#5 Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Eventually you'll have to replace the battery... All batteries have a finite life.

Maybe 40 years from now... BUT.. it'll still be replaced!

- "If you are flammable and have legs, then you are never blocking a fire exit. You can write that down and put a dash in front of it, and put my name at the bottom."
Mitch Hedberg
#6 Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Sound Man

Yeah, I was at the dealership on Saturday and I drove one. The key fob had an actual metal key inside it that popped out. I didn't see any metal terminals on it for charging though. I did, however, stick it in the little slot that you are saying charges it.
#7 Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
AdR
Topless = More Fun 4 Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logitec View Post
I read in the past people talking about this. i spoke to the dealer and he stated that you only put the key in the slot under the ac config when the battery on the fob dies. If and when it dies you take the key out of its slot(the top of the fob), open the door, put key back in slot and insert fob in "battery charger". From there you push the start button and the key fob is charging. He said you never have to replace the battery.
Very nice to know, that's not something I was expecting, I just thought that keyhole was there for when the transmitter's battery died it could still read the key and start the engine but if it contains a rechargeable battery horray!

Currently own: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS - Chrome Blue Pearl
Next car: Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track - Bathurst Black
#8 Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
MODERAT0R lawlz

Probably still charges even if there isnt metal slots, (offtopic) I have a toothbrush that is all plastic and the charging base is plastic and it charges somehow
#9 Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Lord Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post
How would you open the door if the keyfob is out of battery power? Is there a separate key hole on the door?
The key fob actually has the key in side of it. So incase if the battery kills its self, you tug on the silver part of the fob and out comes the key. Insert it into the door key hole and walah! Open! Then u just insert the fob into its holder located in teh bottom center colsole and then hold the break and push n hold engine start. Vroom

"Some say he disappears months at a time, and when he comes back, a new record for driving to and from a taco truck has been set. all we know is, he's called el_stig" -chris@vtengineering

Trusted with INVISION.

Suspension:
Powered By Max Pro Coilovers, Eibach Sways, Cusco Type MZ L.S.D., Achabono pads.

Engine:
GReddy FMIC, ARK DT-S TBE, Tuned by PowerAxel, ACT Street Clutch & Flywheel
#10 Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
His Majesty the King

yea for sonicare!!!!

THEN
2003 Tiburon GTV6 pkg 3 - CAI, Tails, Custom Dash, Custom Audiobahn Stereo in place of rear seats and half of trunk

NOW
2005 Tiburon SEV6 - built, boosted, blown (only once though, and I fixed it) NGM Turbo, Mussa Dual, +a whole lotta goodies
2005 Tiburon GTV6 (STi Blue) Fully Built, NGM Assassin MP90 Supercharger pushing 10psi, all supporting mods, etc.
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Full akra exhaust, BMC filter, PC3 USB, -1/+2, jumper mod, Power 2CTs,
0-60 in...faster than u.
#11 Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
His Majesty the King

What I see as a problem with these new fangled keys is if your car battery dies. The car won't know you are have the key near it with the key, will it? So you could say pu thte key in the ignition and bump start it (MT of course).

THEN
2003 Tiburon GTV6 pkg 3 - CAI, Tails, Custom Dash, Custom Audiobahn Stereo in place of rear seats and half of trunk

NOW
2005 Tiburon SEV6 - built, boosted, blown (only once though, and I fixed it) NGM Turbo, Mussa Dual, +a whole lotta goodies
2005 Tiburon GTV6 (STi Blue) Fully Built, NGM Assassin MP90 Supercharger pushing 10psi, all supporting mods, etc.
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Full akra exhaust, BMC filter, PC3 USB, -1/+2, jumper mod, Power 2CTs,
0-60 in...faster than u.
#12 Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Lord Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRCDAIR View Post
So you could say pu thte key in the ignition and bump start it (MT of course).
You do realize that the majority of the ppl on here wil buy auto's right? LOL jk

"Some say he disappears months at a time, and when he comes back, a new record for driving to and from a taco truck has been set. all we know is, he's called el_stig" -chris@vtengineering

Trusted with INVISION.

Suspension: