Connecting Android Phone to play Music - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

GenCoupe.com is the premier Hyundai Genesis Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #1

Default Connecting Android Phone to play Music

We have a new Gen Coupe and our phone is an T Mobile Android when we try to hook up the phone via the usb plug It appears to try to locate music file but we get an error
We have had no problem pairing the phone to work as the phone but we cant play music. We tried a freinds I phone using the jack provided with the car and it finds and plays music with no problem.

What are we doing wrong....Thanks for your help!
poolbiz101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolbiz101 View Post
We have a new Gen Coupe and our phone is an T Mobile Android when we try to hook up the phone via the usb plug It appears to try to locate music file but we get an error
We have had no problem pairing the phone to work as the phone but we cant play music. We tried a freinds I phone using the jack provided with the car and it finds and plays music with no problem.

What are we doing wrong....Thanks for your help!
What type of phone do you have? The exact model.
rchao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #3

Why do you want to play music through the USB when you can just connect the bluetooth and use your cell phones media player to play music through the car. i dont think i ever used the USB for anything. i used it to charge my phone a few times but then it barely kept it charged. i just connected through bluetooth then turned on Pandora and DROVE THAT BITCH lol sorry got carried away

Current:2013 Evo X GSR De badged DD Stage 2 FOG Light LED'sssss Top Speed Auto Cat-back (No mufflers, Just 2 tiny resonators )
ETS Intake W/ HUGE K&N Filter/ ETS Upper IC pipes/COBB 3-port/Tespipe/Prosport Evo Boost & AFR.

Tuned by Kozmic on their mustang Dyno: 308AWHP 305AWTQ (Ran out of injector)

Blown Ringlands, It's what makes Subaru, a Subaru LOL
LeesEvoGenX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesgen View Post
Why do you want to play music through the USB when you can just connect the bluetooth and use your cell phones media player to play music through the car. i dont think i ever used the USB for anything. i used it to charge my phone a few times but then it barely kept it charged. i just connected through bluetooth then turned on Pandora and DROVE THAT BITCH lol sorry got carried away
Because Android phones have various differences in Bluetooth stack (due to different BT hardware and different OS skins), not all phones will support the proper protocols for streaming music.
rchao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #5

Hmm never new anything about that i just paired my phone to bluetoosh and started Pandora lol. Looks like you got this handled haha

Current:2013 Evo X GSR De badged DD Stage 2 FOG Light LED'sssss Top Speed Auto Cat-back (No mufflers, Just 2 tiny resonators )
ETS Intake W/ HUGE K&N Filter/ ETS Upper IC pipes/COBB 3-port/Tespipe/Prosport Evo Boost & AFR.

Tuned by Kozmic on their mustang Dyno: 308AWHP 305AWTQ (Ran out of injector)

Blown Ringlands, It's what makes Subaru, a Subaru LOL
LeesEvoGenX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #6

Galaxy S III
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #7

Yes thru Blue tooth pandora works fine only need to control it by the phone ....
but if you use the jack provided for an Iphone or I pod the music displays on the cars nav. screen and can be controled thru the touch screen ....
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
What the what?

The problem is that newer Galaxy phones use Media Transfer Protocol. You need to have your phone in USB Mass Storage mode. Don't ask me what any of that means, I just know what I read months ago when I got my Note. I don't know if this works, but you could try it...How to enable USB Mass Storage on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300. You'll have to root your phone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (MMX) View Post
Plus, Johnny Tran didnt have anything to do with QMs car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisRspec2.0 View Post
Other question why would you remove a transmission just to replace a slave cylinder???
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
The problem is that newer Galaxy phones use Media Transfer Protocol. You need to have your phone in USB Mass Storage mode. Don't ask me what any of that means, I just know what I read months ago when I got my Note. I don't know if this works, but you could try it...How to enable USB Mass Storage on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300. You'll have to root your phone though.
This prrtty much sums up why it doesnt work and what you need to do.

I also would like to mention that the bluetooth degrades music quality. All of my mp3s are 320kbps and sound better when played from a usb stick or through an aux cable vs through bluetooth.

However, your galaxy s3 should connect and stream music, mine does.
DudebuD is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudebuD View Post
This prrtty much sums up why it doesnt work and what you need to do.

I also would like to mention that the bluetooth degrades music quality. All of my mp3s are 320kbps and sound better when played from a usb stick or through an aux cable vs through bluetooth.

However, your galaxy s3 should connect and stream music, mine does.
I have an S3 and find the BT stream quality just fine. I haven't tried connecting it directly to USB but will check it today.

Not sure if you are interested in this but this is what I do:

1. Download songs directly to my S3
2. Step in to my car and transfer S3 music to my USB drive (using a USB OTG cable - found for ~2 bucks on eBay)
3. Plug the USB in again and done

Gotta love USB OTG functionality!
- K&N Typhoon SRI
- OEM GT strut bar
- BBM lip spoiler
- Nexus 7
- Spacers: 20F & 25R (UNIQ Performance)
- Diode Dynamics 6000K low beam HIDs
- Diode Dynamics 7.5W fog light LEDs
- LED footwell lighting
- Formula 1 Pinnacle 30% ceramic tint all around
tapan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #11

The original S3 rom support USB dac, of course you have to purchase OTG cable before.
royjen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #12

I suggest getting rid of that Samsung crap software and use Cyanogenmod instead. I'd hope that'd let you do Bluetooth streaming, which is quite nice.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #13

pair phone

play music in music player on phone.

press the menu button on the phone and select "via bluetooth"

then press cd/aux button until music starts streaming

fyi the 2010 models don't do bluetooth streaming.
AKGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #14

I have this and it works really well. In canada I bought it at factory direct

Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit with Remote for Music Phones: Amazon.ca: Electronics Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit with Remote for Music Phones: Amazon.ca: Electronics
Amazon (Links)Amazon (Links)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.