Yet another Nexus 7 Tablet Install * lots of documentation and pics* - Page 5 - Hyundai Genesis Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 542 Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Cheaper for tablet and way more features plus I think they stopped developing updates for unavi so your on your own as far as crashes or updates.

I don't see the point of going unavi when all it takes is some setup time and you pretty much have a full computer in your car with all your media and live GPS if you tether your phone.

As far as gauges, Torque app and Bluetooth obd dongle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Silverstone 3.8L A/T Base

SFR | DIODEDYNAMICS | GCTUNER | MISHIMOTO | BTRCC

Owner of Hyundais since 2002.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 542 Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Cece's Daddy

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3dirt View Post
I want to buy the UNAVI from PowerAxel. What is the pros and cons versus the tablet install. Mainly I want the UNAVI for warranty and because it does the digital gauge read outs.
Don't spend the $$$ if you don't have to. The Nexus is a great solution.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

ShaverZBT
SOLD
2012 Genesis Coupe 200T
Bathurst Black | Wing Emblems | K&N Drop-in | Niche Targa M130 19" Rims
Nexus 7 2nd Gen Tablet | iPod Nano 8GB | Tint 15R/20F
post #83 of 542 Old 09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Cece's Daddy

Garage

Here are some photos of the install...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

ShaverZBT
SOLD
2012 Genesis Coupe 200T
post #84 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

So I never got the time to play with Tasker this weekend, but I did some other minor changes to my install.

1. The Duracell Inverter+ Nexus 7 home wall charger+ my original right angle cable seems to be doing the trick as far as keeping the tablet charged, so i'm sticking with that setup for power for the forseeable future.

2. I did some more sanding behind the dash, to the area around where the USB cable plugs into the tablet. When I was using the OEM Nexus 7 charging cable ( with the long head ), it was pressing into the dash and causing the cable to bend and i was worried that it might eventually cause damage to the usb port on the tablet. I notched an area out to make sure that no cable would ever make contact behind the dash. I recommend you guys do the same. It was like 30 seconds with the dremel and sanding wheel to make the notch.

3. I went ahead and drilled a small access hole ( maybe 5mm diameter ) on the Type B Bezel directly above the power button. It's just big enough that I can stick a screwdriver or pencil tip into the hole and press the power button if necessary, so it is now possible to restart the tablet if the battery dies, without removing it from the dashboard.

4. I was running into a weird issue where the tablet screen would shut off randomly while the car was turned on, it was driving me nuts! It coincidentally started happening after I rooted the tablet , so I at first assumed it was related to that, or maybe AutomateIt was mis firing or malfunctioning somehow. Or that my duracell inverter was messing up, causing AutomateIt to run the power disconnect macros. It turned out that the mounting arm on the Necco24 plexi bezel, the one above the power button, was flexing just enough that it was randomly tapping the power button when the car hit medium sized bumps. I carefully weighed my options on this one, and decided the best bet was to simply cut off that mounting arm. It didn't seem to make a difference in the stability of the mounting system.

I think that might be the last time I have to physically remove the tablet/type b bezel from the car. I think all of the "physical" bugs are now worked out.

The last software issues I am trying to work out are-

1. I want an automatic all app killer when I shut down, AutomateIt doesn't seem to offer what I want there. That's why I will be trying out Tasker. I am generally pleased with AutomateIt other than this.

2. I would like to experiment with Tasker for setting Airplane Mode on and off, as that would ultimately simplify the amount of rules that need to be run.

3. I am still looking for a good GPS Navigation widget, why is that so hard to find? All I want is a widget that runs Google Maps in windowed mode, so I can swipe between my GPS and Music Widgets without opening or closing any apps.

4. I am still looking for a good Youtube widget, something that plays Youtube videos in windowed mode, so I can easily swipe between GPS, Youtube, Spotify widgets etc, without opening or closing any apps.

5. I am looking for a piece of software that will let me resize the home buttons, and the upper notification bar, so it's easier to press those buttons while driving.

Upgrading your turbo without owning a wideband is like skydiving with a blindfold
'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
TurboXS Top Mount Garrett GT3076R BB turbo
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Synapse Custom Intake, 50mm Wastegate, r35 Trident BOV
TXS FMIC Gen 2, Racepipe, RS Single Exit
Grimmspeed Ported Intake Mani
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #85 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3dirt View Post
I want to buy the UNAVI from PowerAxel. What is the pros and cons versus the tablet install. Mainly I want the UNAVI for warranty and because it does the digital gauge read outs.
Definitely just go with the tablet over a unavi. It's cheaper, more options, more support, more features. It's just a win win overall for priceerformance ratio.

Upgrading your turbo without owning a wideband is like skydiving with a blindfold
'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #86 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Didn't the auto start on power work for you?

also def. look into tasker, get the pay version and install secure settings and autokill plugins..

tasker is VERY easy to setup IMO and works flawlessly, kills whatever apps i tell it to via force close, (even dashcommand which is sometimes a pain) and puts tablet on airplane mode without any problems...

i was thinking a doing a mini writeup on which commands to use for the nexus 7 install, i've been playing with it outside the car all weekend, just waiting for my bezel to show up and ill throw it all in the car...

Once i make sure all the bugs are worked out, if any, ill write something up..

also did some modify to the LFA skin in dash command for us 2.0t ppl...

got rid of the MAF meter since we dont have it, replaced with with fuel level gauge, alter boost to 0-25psi and vacuum to 0-25in/hg instead of psi.. also got ride of the D and R for gear indicator since they are useless as well..

Red 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t Track
GO:
3" Custom Intake~2.5" Custom Hard Pipes and FMIC~ CPE 3" catless DP~CPE 3" Catback~DW 550cc injectors~PA Reflash w/ Beyond Redline stage 2+ tune~HKS SSQV~RRM CF A-pillar pod~AEM boost gauge~AEM wideband
SHOW:
Prodigy front lip~Sequence side skirts~Sequence fog inserts~Sequence GT spoiler~black out tails~Sarona grill~Seibon SC CF Hood~Eibach Pro-Kit~Full Rebadge~
post #87 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 06:55 AM

shaver any chance i could get a linnk to download that backround?

GO:
3" Custom Intake~2.5" Custom Hard Pipes and FMIC~ CPE 3" catless DP~CPE 3" Catback~DW 550cc injectors~PA Reflash w/ Beyond Redline stage 2+ tune~HKS SSQV~RRM CF A-pillar pod~AEM boost gauge~AEM wideband
SHOW:
Prodigy front lip~Sequence side skirts~Sequence fog inserts~Sequence GT spoiler~black out tails~Sarona grill~Seibon SC CF Hood~Eibach Pro-Kit~Full Rebadge~
post #88 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by python6586 View Post
Didn't the auto start on power work for you?
I have not tried doing the autostart hack with wug's toolkit yet, but it did not work using the other walkthrough another member already posted. I have not tried using the method you sent me via PM yet.

Quote:
also def. look into tasker, get the pay version and install secure settings and autokill plugins..

tasker is VERY easy to setup IMO and works flawlessly, kills whatever apps i tell it to via force close, (even dashcommand which is sometimes a pain) and puts tablet on airplane mode without any problems...
I already bought the paid version of tasker lol! just have not had time to play with it yet, it's not a huge priority for me since AutomateIt works great for me personally. My one true beef with AutomateIt is that I want the auto app kill, right now I am manually killing all apps before shutting off the car.

Quote:
i was thinking a doing a mini writeup on which commands to use for the nexus 7 install, i've been playing with it outside the car all weekend, just waiting for my bezel to show up and ill throw it all in the car...

Once i make sure all the bugs are worked out, if any, ill write something up..
Please do, post a complete list of every setting that needs to be added in Tasker, and I will add it to my original post next to my automateit instructions, so people can easily choose which to use. ( will give you full credit of course )

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #89 of 542 Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

For those interested, here are the instructions python6586 sent me - these steps should make the Nexus 7 automatically power on as soon as it senses AC power. So for example, if the battery dies on you while you're driving or overnight, by default, the Nexus 7 will not turn back on automatically once it has charged up enough. These steps will make the N7 power on as soon as it senses power, while in an off state. It should theoretically remove any reason to need to access the power button on the N7. These steps are only for people that have rooted their device with Wugs Toolkit ( aka wugfresh ). The following steps assume you have already rooted and unlocked your device using wug's toolkit:

1. enable usb debug mode..
2. fastboot to bootloader...(turn device off, hold volume down button, turn power on while still holding volume button down until device boots into bootloader mode)
3. connect usb to pc
4. open wugfresh aka wug's toolkit
5. hit the launch button in lower left
6. under unlock select fastboot-bootloader
7. hit list devices to make sure its connected to tab
8. hit launch cmd prompt, in lower left
9. in cmd type fastboot
10. a bunch of stuff will come up on cmd prompt ignore it
11. at this point type: oem off-mode-charge 0

OR

if that command is unrecognized try: fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0

That should be it! I will be trying this soon myself

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #90 of 542 Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Any problems with your elm327 so far? Connects just fine to your n7 through Bluetooth no problem?

Engine
- UR Light Weight Pulley
- R2C SRI/P2R Spacer+Gasket
- Maxbore Bored TB+CC
- GS Spacer/PnP+CC Manifold
- ARK CC Headers/DP/Custom TPBE
- AEM V2 Meth Kit
- BTR Custom Meth Tune
- Mishimoto Oil Cooler
Exterior
- Boostec CF Front Lip
- NRG Canard
- M&S Side Splitter
- ViS CF Rear Diffuser
- ARK C-FX CF Grill
- ViS CF Fog Bezel
Chassis
- VOLK TE37SL/Hankook
- R1/StopTech/SS Lines/Dot 4
- PSM Pro Coilover
- Luxon Strut Bar
- UR 4pt Rear Strut Bar
- SFR Rigid Collar Kit
post #91 of 542 Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

Garage

If its the slim blue one found on amazon then no. I have not had any problems with mine. I posted an exact pic somewhere in a tablet thread. Haha.

post #92 of 542 Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Cece's Daddy

Garage

python6586 (and anyone else who wants some), here is a link to my dropbox for some cool Nexus & or other Tab wallpapers...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9o8xvpcpm9nxw8i/uWJA2fwubW

ShaverZBT
SOLD
2012 Genesis Coupe 200T
post #93 of 542 Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Cece's Daddy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepone View Post
For those interested, here are the instructions python6586 sent me - these steps should make the Nexus 7 automatically power on as soon as it senses AC power. So for example, if the battery dies on you while you're driving or overnight, by default, the Nexus 7 will not turn back on automatically once it has charged up enough. These steps will make the N7 power on as soon as it senses power, while in an off state. It should theoretically remove any reason to need to access the power button on the N7. These steps are only for people that have rooted their device with Wugs Toolkit ( aka wugfresh ). The following steps assume you have already rooted and unlocked your device using wug's toolkit:

1. enable usb debug mode..
2. fastboot to bootloader...(turn device off, hold volume down button, turn power on while still holding volume button down until device boots into bootloader mode)
3. connect usb to pc
4. open wugfresh aka wug's toolkit
5. hit the launch button in lower left
6. under unlock select fastboot-bootloader
7. hit list devices to make sure its connected to tab
8. hit launch cmd prompt, in lower left
9. in cmd type fastboot
10. a bunch of stuff will come up on cmd prompt ignore it
11. at this point type: oem off-mode-charge 0

OR

if that command is unrecognized try: fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0

That should be it! I will be trying this soon myself
just did this. it works! thanks!

ShaverZBT
SOLD
2012 Genesis Coupe 200T
post #94 of 542 Old 09-12-2013, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
Any problems with your elm327 so far? Connects just fine to your n7 through Bluetooth no problem?
No I haven't had any problems, honestly I haven't used the bluetooth dongle since before I rooted. I just haven't had the time to screw around with dashcommand and torque that much in a few weeks. When I did use it, it worked perfectly. I need to re-pair it with my tablet again, it hasn't even been paired since I rooted lol. I suck I know.

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #95 of 542 Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaverZBT View Post
Great! I still haven't done it to my own N7 yet. This weekend I will finally get around to it.

I also noticed something else about the N7 this week, it seems to have a thermal/temperature limit which prevents it from charging. I park on the roof of a 9 floor parking lot, it gets REALLY hot up there and we also had a small heat wave this week. 3 days in a row, when I came to my car after work, the tablet would sense power has been connected, and turn on and work 100%properly, but it would not charge ( no lightning bolt icon on battery ). Then after a few minutes of driving around, once my interior has cooled down a lot, the tablet starts charging on it's own ( lightning bolt icon appears ). All of my power/usb connections are secure, i double checked, so it definitely seems to be some sort of software based battery protection going on. Have any of you guys noticed it on your tablets? It's only happened on days over 95 degrees F ( which would put the interior of the car easily over 130 degrees F )

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #96 of 542 Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM

If anyone wants the LFA dashcommand skin here is the link to my version

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9vxxq370hwwo1o/AzmkNTIm--

really altered for the 2.0t and changed somethings to the way i prefer it..

GO:
SHOW:
post #97 of 542 Old 09-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepone View Post
Great! I still haven't done it to my own N7 yet. This weekend I will finally get around to it.

I also noticed something else about the N7 this week, it seems to have a thermal/temperature limit which prevents it from charging. I park on the roof of a 9 floor parking lot, it gets REALLY hot up there and we also had a small heat wave this week. 3 days in a row, when I came to my car after work, the tablet would sense power has been connected, and turn on and work 100%properly, but it would not charge ( no lightning bolt icon on battery ). Then after a few minutes of driving around, once my interior has cooled down a lot, the tablet starts charging on it's own ( lightning bolt icon appears ). All of my power/usb connections are secure, i double checked, so it definitely seems to be some sort of software based battery protection going on. Have any of you guys noticed it on your tablets? It's only happened on days over 95 degrees F ( which would put the interior of the car easily over 130 degrees F )
I imagine this is a safety feature so your tablet battery doesn't explode. Very dangerous to have a battery very hot, fresh off a charge, and then put under load.

I haven't been keeping an eye on mine. I also am having someone look at during an up point meet because it likes to not turn on when its suppose too.

post #98 of 542 Old 09-14-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaverZBT View Post

I just did it also, it worked for me as well. No problems at all.

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #99 of 542 Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
that guy

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by python6586 View Post
If anyone wants the LFA dashcommand skin here is the link to my version

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9vxxq370hwwo1o/AzmkNTIm--

really altered for the 2.0t and changed somethings to the way i prefer it..
I used your LFA skin also! Thanks again man!

I reconnected my mini ELM327, got everything paired up again ( my pin was 1234, but it can also be 0000, or 6789 depending on which ELM327 you got ). Dash Command works great, i've got it set to load your skin automatically when it launches, and i set macros in Automateit to always kill Google Maps, Spotify, and Dash Command on power disconnect. We will see how that works out.

Metal, so far i've got no issues at all to report with my ELM device

'12 2.0T 6SP - ???whp
USRT Genesis II 1200cc
Tuned by Dardan Tuning
Haltech
GarageLine STS
CC Stage 2 kit
Saikou Michi Catch Cans
Whiteline FSB
Bilstein B8
Progress Springs
#KHARTUNERZ
#ITSNEVERFINISHED
post #100 of 542 Old 09-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Garage

Alright Im sold on doing the Nexus 7 tablet. Prob next paycheck. Is there any way to play my XM radio through it so I can see the artist and song info???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page