iDatalink Maestro RR install (Gauges and Steering Wheel Controls) - Hyundai Genesis Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
iDatalink Maestro RR install (Gauges and Steering Wheel Controls)

So I recently installed an aftermarket head unit in car and from looking around the forums it didn't really seem like anyone had found a way to retain the factory bluetooth steering wheel controls. You can retain all of the factory steering wheel controls if you use an iDatalink Maestro RR interface module. You would think that it should be simple enough to do, which it is but all of the wiring diagrams that iDatalink provides you with are wrong for the Genesis Coupe so I thought I would do a writeup on how I did it.

First of all for this to work you need to make sure that your head unit is compatible with the Maestro RR, I am using a Kenwoood DDX9902s. I think most of the new ones are compatible but a quick google search will confirm that if anyone is wondering.

So for wiring the Maestro RR, you can find the wiring diagram for it here: http://images.idatalink.com/corporat...N_20160322.pdf
Some of this is correct, however most of it is actually wrong. Follow this manual for wiring the power to the module but nothing else.

Okay so you need to find the yellow, green and blue connector, it should be easy to find as its one of the main connectors into the factory radio. On this connector you need the Black with orange stripe, Brown and Blue wires shown in the picture below. These are the steering wheel control wires, the Black/orange is ground, brown is the volume/source and blue is the bluetooth controls.

Strip the casing on a small portion of the wires so that you can solder onto them.

Now with the Maestro RR there are going to be a thousand wires that come with it, but for this we will only actually need 5 of them: Black/white, purple/red, brown/yellow, brown/red and pink/red. The Black/white wire will go to the Black/orange wire that we just found. The purple/red wire will go to the brown wire and the pink/red will go to the blue wire. Solder these on and tape them up so nothing shorts.

That is all that you need for the steering wheel controls. If you also want to get fault codes and gauges to your new head unit you can continue with the following.

Next, remove the panel below your steering wheel and unscrew the OBDII port for easier access. On this connector you are looking for a red wire, and a blue wire. The brown/red wire will go to red and the brown/yellow wire will go to blue. The blue and the red wire should be directly above each other (One in the top row and one in the bottom row). There are several blue and red wires going into this connector but I forgot to write down exactly which pins they were. I don't think there were any other blue/red ones that were directly above each other. Hopefully this picture will help a bit.

Now that all of the soldering is done you just need to plug everything in and put it all back together.

Here is a picture of the gauges working on my head unit:

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page