what do you think about this wheel/tire/drop combo?? - Page 2 - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 Old 11-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

^^...I think im going to go with the 20x8.5 +25 fronts, and 20x10 +25 rears...245/35/20 fronts and 275/35/20 rears...after i get the wheels i will measure and see how low i can go without having rubbing issues. There are lots of people running 10.5 +22 rears that are pretty low so hopefully i will be able to pull off the 10" +25 with a decent drop. Im going to get it aligned to as close to factory camber specs as possible because i put alot of miles on the car and i dont want the tires to wear out any faster than they have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
The OG

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Uh, I would take Kamkaze's advice on the tire sizes. I would personally go with a 275/30 R, but you need to run a 30 series tire dude.

And of course you'll be fine with 10 +25, in lieu of 10.5 +22. It's a narrower wheel with a higher offset.

Mirabeau Blue Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Volk Racing | Stance | Seibon | M&S | Sequence | Injen | Blox Racing
#23 Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Team Sun*Works

Please don't get 35 series u will regret it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
I've said it before and here it is again... Jake doesn't raise the bar, he is the bar!
#24 Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM

(Thread Starter)

please explain why i cant get a 35 series?? am i missing something?

having the speedo off slightly doesnt bother me, and from what i have read as long as the tcs will be fine as long as the diameter ratio from front to rear stays within very close to factory ratio.

My reason for the 35 series is to reduce as much fender gap as possible with the least amount of drop since i drive it daily.
#25 Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
The OG

Garage

Clearly you're doing your calculations wrong.

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com

#26 Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Breast Examiner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11mbcoupe View Post
please explain why i cant get a 35 series?? am i missing something?

having the speedo off slightly doesnt bother me, and from what i have read as long as the tcs will be fine as long as the diameter ratio from front to rear stays within very close to factory ratio.

My reason for the 35 series is to reduce as much fender gap as possible with the least amount of drop since i drive it daily.
If you go with 35/20 F&R you will still be the same diameter ratio as stock 19" and not have speedo or TCS issues.
You will add 1" to the diameter of the F&R so the car will rise up 1/2" and the top gap will be reduced by 1/2".
If you align the car to OEM spec (straight camber) the widths and offsets will keep the wheel outside the fender edge.
Lowering springs do not have adjustment like coilovers, so some springs will bring the fender right down on top of the tire.
Especially over bumps.
So if you want 35/20 and straight camber don't plan on getting lowering springs.
If you go 30/20 you could get springs but probably have to have more -camber than stock.
You can do it either way, it is just good to know what to expect.

Whatever blows your skirt up!
Ship High In Transit

Last edited by HotLZGT; 11-23-2010 at 05:04 PM.
#27 Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 PM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Clearly you're doing your calculations wrong.

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com
i dont mean same overall diameter as the factory 19's or factory 18's. What im talking about is the ratio from front to rear. meaning they are 20mm difference in width with the same series sidewall...so if i go to 30mm difference in width and same series sidewall i.e. 275/35 and 245/35 i wont have any problems with the tcs from that small difference of changing from 20mm to 30mm.

I also realize the other guy is saying about the fender gap being reduced 1/2" and ground clearance being raised 1/2"...

my whole point in doing the wheels/drop i picked is 90% cosmetic but still maintaining a decent ride with the drop springs. If i was going after just getting low for a performance standpoint i would be goin with coilovers anyways.

Im just unclear as to why you guys are saying to stay away from a 35/20??

like i said my whole point is to reduce fender gap as much as possible with a slightly larger diameter/wheel and tire as well as getting a slightly sportier ride with the drop springs.

Now if im going to have big issues with rubbing with the 35/20 then that is what i need to know. but with a very mild drop like the pro kit offers i dont think i will have any problems. maybe im wrong??
#28 Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
The OG

Garage

Have at er man, do what you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page