LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2019 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
p2261 - replacement bpv

hello all,

i was posting to see what the best option is, or best location to go to replace the oem bpv for a 2012 2.0t stock? I've had some issues of late with multiple check engine lights and the dealer saying i need a new turbo. obviously i've done a little searching on the p2261 code and it looks like the bpv is causing a problem, but i can't seem to find a stock replacement anywhere.

i do see what looks like a similar part for a 13-14 turbo; but i'm not sure if that will work on mine. i'd like to explore all avenues before having to go through the butt-hurt of replacing the turbo.

any suggestions?

thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-15-2019

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

As far as OEM goes, call a local dealership and provide the part number. Ask them if they have any in stock today and if not, which parts department closest to you have it. Or you can try checking eBay. You can find a lot of OEM brand new parts and most are shipped directly from Korea. I've purchased a few things from there and shipping was quick.

Otherwise you can go aftermarket. The only aftermarket recirculating BPV that I have ever seen is made by Forge. I would try that one instead of OEM, it would come pre-assembled with the green colored spring which will work with stock boost levels but you can also buy the spring tuning kit and use a higher rated spring later if you have a tune for higher PSI.

If you do not know for a fact that your BPV is the problem, you may instead need the BPV solenoid. Mine gave out on me some time ago and caused the forge BOV I use to remain stuck open all of the time.
post #3 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis11 View Post
hello all,

i was posting to see what the best option is, or best location to go to replace the oem bpv for a 2012 2.0t stock? I've had some issues of late with multiple check engine lights and the dealer saying i need a new turbo. obviously i've done a little searching on the p2261 code and it looks like the bpv is causing a problem, but i can't seem to find a stock replacement anywhere.

i do see what looks like a similar part for a 13-14 turbo; but i'm not sure if that will work on mine. i'd like to explore all avenues before having to go through the butt-hurt of replacing the turbo.

any suggestions?

thank you for your time.
I had the same code last month, went to hyundai and they said my bov was not working correctly and that they could change the bov for me but the code might come back on. I was under warranty so i chose to replace my turbo. Turbo feels great, better than before..

If you end up changing you bov and u get no code let me know .. im curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page