Does anybody hear own the spec d catback exhaust for a bk1 2.0t? - Hyundai Genesis Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Does anybody hear own the spec d catback exhaust for a bk1 2.0t?

Does anybody have the spec d exhaust for a bk1 2.0t? I wanna hear your thoughts on ownership. Does it sound nice? Is it too loud? Does it po or grumble? Does it drone or sound boomy on the interior? And if possible, an exhaust clip. Thank you to anybody that replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I got it off the carid website and it was about 2 1/2 inches too long so be careful where you are buying it from and the clamps it came with were trash. Other than that though after lots of cutting and welding it has a really good tone and a slight backfire. It’s not very loud although I have gotten some compliments from random people on the street. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I would post a video but I can’t figure out how to. You can look on my IG if you want :Bk1wells

post #4 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I appreciate your help man!
post #5 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Wells View Post
I would post a video but I can’t figure out how to. You can look on my IG if you want :Bk1wells
does it drone?
post #6 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
does it drone?
post #7 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
also my 02 housing is a 3" pipe and the spec d exhaust is a 2.5". Will this be a problem?
post #8 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObnoxiousGoose View Post
Quote:
also my 02 housing is a 3" pipe and the spec d exhaust is a 2.5". Will this be a problem?

Is the piping 2.5 leading into the mufflers or are the tips 2.5? If it's 2.5 leading into the mufflers and your running an 02 housing thats 3" going all the way to the Cbe that's 2.5 that's considered a bottleneck and you will lose power!

Don't get me wrong you can make it work you go from 3" and get a gasket that'll mate up to the 2.5 but it has to be modified. If you haven't bought the spec d exhaust I would go with a cbe that mates up to your whole system that's 3".
post #9 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallah View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Is the piping 2.5 leading into the mufflers or are the tips 2.5? If it's 2.5 leading into the mufflers and your running an 02 housing thats 3" going all the way to the Cbe that's 2.5 that's considered a bottleneck and you will lose power!

Don't get me wrong you can make it work you go from 3" and get a gasket that'll mate up to the 2.5 but it has to be modified. If you haven't bought the spec d exhaust I would go with a cbe that mates up to your whole system that's 3".
Thanks man I appreciate the advice! If you have any recommendations as far as the exhaust just lemme know, otherwise thanks for your help!
post #10 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallah View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man I appreciate the advice! If you have any recommendations as far as the exhaust just lemme know, otherwise thanks for your help!

Your welcome np, for the price and quality you can't go wrong with TurboXs.
They have two different exhaust for our car check them out.

Im currently running there "stealth back system" which is awesome it consists of a O2 housing and downpipe but you still retain the stock mufflers. You get all the benefits of a full tbe without the excessive noise by keeping the stock mufflers. This is considered a bottleneck like I previously mentioned before.

The only reason I'm running this setup for now is because I was debating with which cbe Im going to go with. I like the Exceladyne cbe it's great quality, love the sound but I don't see myself paying $749 for an exhaust. So I'm stuck now between the TurboXs Gt cbe, or Power Agency cbe that's good quality as well at a good price between $400-$449.

If you're in the market to buy an exhaust for your car I would wait until next month for Black Friday. TurboXs is going to be having some specials already spoke to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page