Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Official Genesis Coupe Wheel Fitment Thread

2M views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  inertiamonster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is where we need to compile all of the information needed to upgrade your car's factory wheels and tires. Pictures of setups with tire size i.e ( 255/40/R18 ) and wheel dimensions i.e. ( 18x9.5 +15 ) etc. This will eliminate the question of "Will These Fit?!" by giving users a way to actually see fitment and therefore to decide what wheel they want to go with. I personally love looking at cars with crazy offset and super flush fitment. Whatever your taste, any contribution will be great.

Modifications for getting a certain offset and width to fit also would be good info. Any problems the installer ran into would be a good heads up too, like wheel rub when turning, etc., etc.

I will get things rolling. This is a good setup that fits flush and retains a functional and aggressive look.

Front 19x8.5 +15 w/ 245/35/19 tires
Rear 19x10 +20 w/ 275/30/19 tires

Other details you may want to know:

Center Bore:
67.1mm

Lug Pattern:
5x114.3

See less See more
#907 ·
Hey guys! need your advice. I tried fitting 18 x 9.5 e20 today. It didn't have tires so i couldn't see how it sits. But without the tires, it was way too flush for me. Look at the pics. Do i need to buy a camber kit if i wanna run this? It's funny coz i tried the 9.5 in front and in the back. The rims were coming out of the fender on both sides. What do you guys think?

Front

Rear

The rims (don't mind the nismo sticker. The previous owner put fake ones. I'll have these painted anyways.)

#912 ·
Thanks Jules for the info! I can't wait to slap it on and drop it with BC coils. SOON!

Kaizen, I sent you a PM. Are you sure those are et20? They have a pretty deep lip for a 9.5" rim... The wheels look good though.
You got PM man. These are just Rota P45R2. They are a newer version of the P45. They even have P45R3 now with fatter lip. I asked the same question to the guy who was selling it. I was like "you sure these ain't e15 or something?" Hahaha! But i know the guys from Rota and called one of them and they confirmed that it is in fact e20.

What i like about these rims is the lip for the front and rear will be all the same. I don't like think lip in front then fat lip in the rear. I wanted all of them to look the same. Best thing about it is, that it only cost me 600 USD for these. Hehe!

#911 ·
Kaizen, I sent you a PM. Are you sure those are et20? They have a pretty deep lip for a 9.5" rim... The wheels look good though.

#918 ·
So you're 9.5et20 all the way around? What tires are you running? And what front camber are you running to tuck under? I bought 19x9.5 et20's, so just trying to get an idea. Looks great!

#916 · (Edited)
kaizenfoeva- the way it sticks out i also doubt its 9.5+20 or maybe its just because its jacked up without wheels

couldnt find any infos on a +20 9.5 p45r2....
only these seem available:
p45r2

Front Size: 18x9.5

Front Offset: +15

or

Rear Size: 18x10

Rear Offset: +20

or

18x10

+15

i think there is also a +12 version of the 9.5 and 10

#920 ·
Thanks for the reply. However, I am not looking to put 18" on my car. I have 3.8 GT with 18" and want to sell them (with tires) to someone who has a either a GT or a Track model. Looking to swap if possible plus cash. What rims and tires are you using on your car. BTW, your car looks great. Did you also lower the car, if so, what springs?

#925 ·
BC Coils = best bang for the buck.

#927 ·
I can finally post our Project 2.0 R-spec in here!!!

The wheels that we are running on the car is our VarrsToen ES 2.2.2 in FULL POLISH
19x9.5 +12 Fronts
19x10.5 +12 Rears
Falken FK452
225/40/19 Fronts
245/40/19 Rears

The ride height is not finalized yet. Will be going down another .5-1" in the rear and 1"-1.5" in the front.

#931 · (Edited by Moderator)
What lowered the car

I can finally post our Project 2.0 R-spec in here!!!

The wheels that we are running on the car is our VarrsToen ES 2.2.2 in FULL POLISH
19x9.5 +12 Fronts
19x10.5 +12 Rears
Falken FK452
225/40/19 Fronts
245/40/19 Rears

The ride height is not finalized yet. Will be going down another .5-1" in the rear and 1"-1.5" in the front.
What did you do to get the ride height where it is now? Looks fairly low, springs?

#929 ·
Varrstoen, you should try hosting your pictures on Flickr. They have the best photo compression of any website. You load your pictures full size and you can then select what size to display and you don't get the pixelated effect seen.

After seeing those 10.5's I'm glad I didn't buy an 11" wheel... Wheels look super hot. I wanted the polished/chrome look for my black coupe, but didn't want to buy forged or some heavy steel chrome wheel. It's no fair, you have your whole warehouse to test fit wheels till you like the look! :rofl:

#932 ·
Can someone help me out?

I purchased some winter tires to go on my R-Spec for the winter and I think I am going to make the stock wheels my winter set.

So next spring I am in the market for new wheels. The catch is I want to use my stock tires (since they only have 40 miles on them). Also I will be lowering my car on sportlines and my car is black.

I really wanted the Varrstoen 3.3.2 but I am not sure how my stock tires would look on these (they come in a 9.5 and a 10.5 +12)

I also like XXR 522's (come in a 8.5 +15 and 10 +20) (RCK-JMS car FTW)

Then I though about the TSW Nurburgring. The problem is with these is the offsets, they are so shitty its not even funny. The rears are 41 and the front can be 20 or 34. I was thinking that if I run spacers I could also use them for my stock track wheels in the winter, that would be a win win. But what size spacers would I get.

Seriously I need help. Too many choices.

#935 ·
Can someone help me out?

I purchased some winter tires to go on my R-Spec for the winter and I think I am going to make the stock wheels my winter set.

So next spring I am in the market for new wheels. The catch is I want to use my stock tires (since they only have 40 miles on them). Also I will be lowering my car on sportlines and my car is black.

I really wanted the Varrstoen 3.3.2 but I am not sure how my stock tires would look on these (they come in a 9.5 and a 10.5 +12)
This.

#934 ·
Glad I am not the only one. If I am going to run spacers I want them to work on my stock wheels for the winter too.

So if you go with the 8.5 +32 in front and run a 20mm spacer you should be flush on both the stockers and the TSWs.

But the rear is odd. You order a 9.5 +41 and run a 20mm spacer but put a 5mm spacer on in the summer to keep the TSWs flush.

Sounds like a pain but you would be flush all year round with this kind of setup, which is :)

Disclaimer. I just learned about all this last week. I am still learning.

#937 ·
I think it'll look fine, IMO. My suggestion tho would be to get +22 offsets, simply for more options. Wider tires if you wish or 10 mm spacers if you wanna stretch. Just my 2 cents.

#939 ·
Problem with the TSW is you can get the 8.5" for the front in a 20 offset, which should be fine. The rears at 9.5" only come in an offest of 41. So would you recommend just running a 20mm spacer on the rear?

I don't need winter/summer, so thats not a concern of mine.

#942 ·
Im getn my tires coming this week and was told my setup should work..
Im going to be running 8.5inch wide (15 offset) with 245 35 19 and the rears are 9.5inch Wide with (20 offset) 275 35 19 and was told this set up wont rub:dunno::dunno:

#947 ·
I say shoot VarrsToen a PM for help. They are good at helping and also you both are located in socal. I'm sure you can set up a time with them to visit the warehouse and test fit rims. :)

#949 ·
XXR 522 wheels : 19x8.5 +15 front (225/40/19)
19x10 +20 rear (245/40/19)

I know RCK_JMES has this setup his car here
http://www.gencoupe.com/media/42167-rck-jmes-slammed-w-new-wheels.html

but i have the exact same car WITHOUT coilovers. I have the original base model springs. I know I will be ok on rub and wear and camber, but will they look alright? and just how stretched or not is this?

Also, can/should i go wider on the tire sizes? i dont mind on stretched or not

#952 ·
Positive camber is where it's at! :rofl:

I think the poster meant extreme camber. The stock camber should be around -.7 to -1.2 I imagine. Most manufacturers have a range around there. But running more extreme than that leads to uneven wear, and if you keep watch on your tires by the amount of tread left on the outter edges you might have a blow out, or at the very least, much less traction than you anticipate.

So maybe the better question to answer for him, is what camber would he have to run to tuck the top of the tires inside the wheel wells with that setup?