Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Sneak Peak Tuning Graphic User Interface 2.0T

15K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  Jedsred89 
#1 ·
Hi all GenCoupe users and drivers,

I've been working on this project for the last 2 years or so. Project has been an on and off kinda thing. But this year I am making lots of progress and plan to release it. Don't know what the starting price will be since I haven't gotten the hardware quoted. I design my very own USB to CAN interface along with plastic housing. Hope to see this to the market soon.

Looking for Feedback Please

See images/features below

Features

-USB connection for speed and compatibility
-Gen-Tune Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging
-Real-time updating of ECU parameters & tables(Still in progress)
-Built in calibrations for common engine combinations Base Tunes
-Built in datalogging to a laptop
-Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim
-TPS based table lookup for DBW full throttle
-PWM output for boost control
-Immobilizer on or off
-Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
-Rev limiter adjustments
-Knock sensor control
-Adjustable idle speed AC on or off
-Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
-Closed loop control
-Torque Limits
-Air temperature compensation
-Water temperature compensation
-A/C shutoff conditions
-Turbo Turbine Speed Adjustment
-Immobilizer enable/disable
-Speed Limiter
-Fuel Table
-Ignition Table
-Catalyst Overheat Protection Table
-Rom Details Quick View
-Enable and Disable various sensors

See less See more
#4 ·
Never looked into the 3.8. I wish I had the time to pull down the ecu. The Gen-Tune Program is indeed a universal tuning tool which can be used on any platform. I would just have to implement CAN drivers to communicate to different ECU's, Seed and Key access, checksum, X and Y axis information and most important tables require for tuning or remove limitations.

#6 ·
Interesting in why you designed your own USB to CAN instead of sourcing one that already exists. Then again, I'd probably do the same thing :)

#7 ·
The main reasons for designing my own USB to CAN is because I know how much the material might cost and just have to pay for manufacturing. Which I have close ties with a company that can manufacturer it for next to nothing here in the USA. Also to have full control over the firmware and quality control. And most important to avoid customers having to buy pricey hardware like the Tactrix/Mongoose etc.. cables

#8 ·
Is this for both 2.0T's (BK1 & BK2) or? Do you have any videos for proof that you can tune with this software? Such as setting launch control at 3k then showing you make the change in the tune to set it at 5k?

The GUI looks good but I'm not sure what type of feedback you're looking for.

#10 ·
Right now this is only for BK1 manual. I am adding support for BK2. I need to get my hands on a ecu and ECU dump. I would have to assume the map locations will be different since its a different software version. I may be wrong but I think the ecu's are the same though.

I will be posting vids of a demo car on the dyno showing results.

#9 ·
Can't believe my eyes, looks great, definately in

Couple of questions:
1) Do you have units conversion support? Will i be able to switch from F to C, from lb-ft to nm?
2) Do you plan to develop 3d map view?
3) Any extra features? Like dual maps, wideband support for 1st gen coupes, boost scramble, etc?
4) Does Gen-Tune have datalogger built in?
5) Both generation and trans support?
6) How do you plan to distribute?

This is amazing

#12 · (Edited)
Hi

1. Yes I would have a unit conversion menu which you can select what units you would like for each table or data logged sensor. I have all of the formula's needed to convert the units properly.

2. The 3D map view will be available soon. I really didn't see the benefit of having it now since i am still in development stages.

3. Right now I am only concerned on extracting the main tables and properly viewing them with the right scaling formula. To add extra features I would have to do some dissembly to the 2mb ecu dump and try to recompile it. If I can recompile it then features can be added. I do not know if added features are already built into the ecu. If that's the case I would have to located the enable/disable bit and find the table that corresponds to it. This could take a very long time.

4. Gen-Tune does have a built in datalogger with unit conversions. I am working on overlaying the sensor data on the tables to create a tracer that would show the current pass which would enhance the tuning experience.

5. Right now its just BK1 manual. BK2 support will be there soon. I have some catching up to do. But I would like to spend some time on the 3.8 since the market is indeed starving. As for the automatics I think the market is slim and I would not invest the time.

6. All orders will be shipped from USA, FL. I will release about 10 to 20 beta cables to tuners/shop/general public to get and idea of what Gen-Tune is lacking and to debug any issues before release. Product will be released in the up coming months.

Thanks for your interest and the great questions!

#11 ·
SUBD! !!!!! I have a 3.8 GDI and everyone here that has one with a tuning itch will be looking at this!

Thanks
Tj

Reactions: wmutuner
#13 · (Edited)
I was browsing your website and it looks like this is just software you'd purchase along with the CanBus reflasher. Would any tuner be able to use this software?

edit: i'd happily be a tester for this as well :wink:

#25 ·
Correct Hardware and software combine will give you the ability to tune your own vehicle or take it to some one that can tune. Main goal of this product is for it to be end user. So whenever an adjustment is needed you dont have to run to a tuner to fix it. This changes the game from what currently available.

#14 ·
Definately a game changer here.

As to MN_Coupes question, and correct me if I'm wrong, but any tuner that has a general understanding of tuning will be able to adjust maps. The software looks pretty similar to the Tuner Pro software that a ton of people use on other platforms.

#18 ·
Sorry, I meant easy as in making simple changes like remove speed limiter, change fan on temp, etc. Not "tuning" as in fuel maps, timing, etc.

#21 ·
My feedback:

-Match capabilities of Haltech
-Do not limit the number of columns/rows of any table, maybe cap at 16
-2D tables are expandable to nD with no restriction as to what I/O goes on the added axis
-User can add multiple custom tables with no I/O restriction, to be used as compensation tables or incorporating additional I/O
-Turbine overspeed control
-Surge control
-Engine protection

#28 ·
Hi,

- Haltech is a full engine management system. They can implement any custom code to enable any features they want. I am bound by the limitation of the ECU firmware and hardware.

- The columns and rows values are built into the ECU and cannot be extended. The data values in the columns and row can be modified to allow you to increase RPM, Fuel, PSI etc..

- I have the Turbine speed control map, The surge control and engine protection will be defined if one or two exist inside the ecu firmware.

Thanks

#22 ·
Somebody posted a link on this forum a couple months ago to somebody's website that downloaded the ECU files for the 2013+ 3.8 GDI. They were there, free of charge.

GenTune, I would literally throw my money at you if you come up with a solution for the 3.8 GDI. :)

Reactions: GenTune
#32 ·
I will take one

#34 ·
I agree with everyone, this sounds fantastic. Unfortunately, I have a BK2 :-(. I would love to be on the front end of this and be an early user for the BK2s. While I wouldn't consider myself an expert I have tuned my Evo myself.

If I can help feel free to PM me.

#37 ·
I have a shop close by who would be most interested in using your software. PM me if you want more details.

Reactions: GenTune
#41 ·
oh. my. god.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.