Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Non-Brembo Brake Pads & Rotors

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sa41 
#1 ·
I'm looking for ceramic brake pads and rotors (non-Brembo brakes) for my 2012 3.8L Grand Touring. There seems to be several brands out there, but I'm not sure which are considered quality.

I don't track my car and it is used for daily driving so I don't think I need performance pads and rotors. I've seen Hawk and EBC recommended on here, but if I'm not mistaken those are more for performance/racing.

I checked out RockAuto and AutoZone and seems that Centric, Wagner, Bosch, Akebono, and Duralast are common brands for the Gen Coupes. Any insight into these or other recommended ones would be very helpful. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Thanks, the Ceramic series in the blue box seems like it fits the bill for the brake pads. I winced a little bit at the cost of the drilled/slotted rotors but I'll consider them if there's a significant advantage for daily driving.

Any idea if RockAuto carries quality stuff for pads and rotors? I see lots of brands on there but have no clue as to the reputation of the companies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.