Hyundai Genesis Forum - View Single Post - Big brake kits???
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 04-26-2019
Odelagt
In Charge of Snacks

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbullie View Post
I am a 2014 boosted 3.8 and I have the Brembo Big Brake kit on my fronts and OE Brembo on rears (no real reason to spend the money for the rears). I have 19" Volk G50 rims and no clearance issues. The kit is not cheap.
Curious, how have the fronts been? I recently realized the rear calipers on the Coupes were a brembo motorsports spec. They're actually quite superior to the stock fronts. If anything, It's our rear pads and rotors that would benefit from upgrades.

Also, given the GC's weight distribution, I would think just doing the fronts with the brembo GTS setup would work pretty well. Really interested in your opinions pro and con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluv3333 View Post
I was looking for something that looked better then my red painted calipers. Was wanting something with better stopping power then the standard calipers. I was looking at the Stoptech big brake kit. I also saw one one of the threads someone said something about wilwood calipers. Maybe one day adding a turbo so would like to have the stopping power for all the extra ponies.

Thanks for you advice.
Odelagt
Hey, no problem, what else are boards for? As to the wilwoods, honestly I hear way too much negative stuff about them. It seems that half the people love them and half hate them. And for multiple reasons. Not the least of which being their proprietary pad shapes which limits how many manufacturers make pads that fit. They seem well made and I can attest that they are very light. Lighter than the stoptechs definitely. They also don't offer floating rotors in the GC kits, which sucks. On the style side, while their designs are pretty humdrum, they do offer custom near-pantone range colors for the calipers.

'11 3.8 R-spec
Now trying to build the impossible

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome