Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Duckbill trunk update in one thread

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RealTime 
#1 ·
I've done the research. I've looked at every thread that had the word "duckbill trunk" the in the title. Not finding too much out there. What I did find it's scattered about and years old. I'd like some feedback on the guys that have either of these trunks installed. Not lip spoilers but actual trunks.

my #1 concern is fitment. I'm looking to make my purchase soon.

I found that user SRCOBRA made a post 5+yrs ago has the Ark CF-X trunk but that has an emblem indent. I'd like for the trunk to have NO indent.
I see Extreme Dimensions has one but from reading PhoenixQ experience with it I say no thanks.
Member PLC3 has the VIS-K2 trunk but says the bottom gap isn't what it should be and couldn't get it resolved.

VIS - K2 for around $725
Ark - CF-X for around $720
Carbon Creations RS-1 for around $570
Duraflex - RS-1 for around $ 431

#2 ·
There are going to be variations of fitment within the same models as these are aftermarket cf molds. However, in this field you usually get what you pay for. I've personally seen Carbon Creations hoods and the fitment never looked right. Usually an inch off on one side or the other. Your best bet will be with VIS or Ark.

#3 ·
that's what I am finding around the forums. CC is the worst. I agree with you get what you pay for.
Thanks for the suggestion. When I make my purchase in a week or two i'll get some pics uploaded. Hopefully others can chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.