Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Intermittent Bluetooth

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  americankommie 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm having problems with the bluetooth connection between the car and my phone (GC 3.8/HTC Tytn II)

The phone pairs with the car in no time. Every time I enter the car it says connection complete, then after a few seconds, the infamous transfer complete. I press the BT button on the steering wheel and it beeps, listens, I say call john doe on mile, confirm yes, and it says calling. This is where the problem starts. It says "calling John dow on mobile", the screen says "Active call", but john doe is not displayed and the phone does not call. It is like the phone has not received the command to call. It stays in the "Active Call" status for a long time. If I interrupt it by pressing the "end call" button, then it attempts to reload the phone book again.

I have flashed the car with the 1.02 firmware posted in this forum (it came with 1.01) to no avail. I have also flashed the phone with different WM6.1 images, all with the the same results.

the phone works well with BT headsets and MS voice command. Also, when it works with the car, it works very well.

Anybody having this type of problem?

Thanks,

Luis

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah, same problem with HTC touch diamond. 1.02 will not cure the problem. it's a compatibility issue, that most probably won't be resolved. I've noticed this issue in my other smartphones with windows mobile.

#3 ·
Hey loco_stevie,

Knowing that most WM phones are having this problem is not very comforting! I really like Windows Mobile and HTC phones, as a matter of fact, I'm waiting for the Touch pro 2, but if this BT problem is inherent to WM I may need to reconsider. Touch Pro 2 is expected to have WM6.5 though, so maybe there's hope (being optimist)

It seems people with iPhone are not having this problems, would tis be the reason to jump ship?

Thanks,

Luis

#4 ·
Guys,

My 3G iPhone works flawlessly with the GC's Bluetooth. I've made and received many calls over the last few weeks with no trouble whatsoever.

But I do not know if it is a reason to jump ship.... I think it may be a question of patience... people are likely to report that problem to HTC or Hyunday and either player will provide fixes eventually.

But if patience is not your thing then the iPhone will rock in your GC

World

#5 ·
Ahaha I'm not changing cars nor phones, I like them both, they just don't agree with each other.

yeah I don't know, it seems to work better, but still buggy with Asus P527, but E-ten Glofiish X600 is just as buggy, it really is an issue with WM 6 phones in general, my SonyEricsson W500 works fine...

So yeah...

#6 ·
You guys with WM6.x, can you check whether you have you BT phone set to "visible"? I can't say this fixes the issue, but if the phone is visible, it increases the odds of it working, even though the phone connects and transfer the phone book just fine in "invisible" mode, it just doesn't call.

Luis

#7 ·
I had the same problem with making calls without using my phone. I think you have to add the entry first. I added and saved the entries to the ppl I call the most. Haven't actually tried to call them without the phone yet, lol.

#11 ·
If you are using a sandisk cruiser, make sure that thing that is a virtual drive is disable, something like U3 Smart or w/e its called, make sure you delete all that. It has to be a blank flash drive with just that on it.

#9 ·
I have the same phone, and the same problem. I figured it might have something to do with me hacking the phone, but if you’re having the same issue, I guess not.

My fix has been to start the call from the phone, if I dial from the phone it works every time.

Just use Voice Command to dial, then the call will transfer over to the car. (Annoying, but it works)

The bigger problem I have been having is that when I answer a call from the steering wheel the microphone turns on before it stops ringing. So the person on the other end gets to hear the end of my ringtone. No big deal except apparently it comes across very loud and it makes some people angry when it happens every time.

#10 ·
I swapped SIM with an old trusty Nokia E61 and it connected with the GC very reliably. All commands, call, dial, call back, redia, private call. Connection was quick.

It seems that as others have said (and I have found in other forums) the problems are with Windows Mobile phones in general. Unfortunately, I was waiting for the HTC Touch Pro 2 (rumored to be released in July by T-Mobile USA) but now I'm hesitating.

Any one has any good stories to report with T-Mobile G1 or any Android phone?

By the way, the only difference I found while using the E61 is that the GC does not ring through the speakers (it quiets the radio, but only one ring is heard through the speakers, the rest are heard on the phone only. With WM, I could hear the ring through the speakers.

Luis

#12 ·
Fixed it.

I was able to fix the problem of it not dialing from the steering wheel. I had to re pair my phone with the car, and in the process I notice that the car shows up as having two services, hands free, and serial port. Enable both services when you pair, or if you have already paired the phone, go into the Bluetooth settings, tap on the "GENESIS COUPE" device, and make sure both are checked (by default only "hands free" is checked). Then in the Bluetooth settings, go over to "COM Ports" and click on "New Outgoing Port", Select "GENESIS COUPE" then press next. Pick a port number (I picked COM0, not sure if it maters) and then "Secure Connection" (also not sure if it matters). Finally press finish and your done.
Now you will be able to call from the voice dial built into the car.

Note: I am running a AT&T Tilt (HTC Tytn II) running windows mobile 6.5, it should still work under 6.1 or 6.0. If it doesn't, 6.5 is much better anyway, it's time to upgrade. (xda-developers)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.