LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2019 Thread Starter
FUNCTION OVER FORM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AEM 30-4406 Bost Pressure Gauge not showing pressure

First of all I know to read threads prior to starting a new one so Don't Flame. I did look through this thread & even did an advanced search to no avail. Seems most of the posts in the thread are not related. I'm somewhat limited on time, so have decided to to start a new thread to ask my question. Thanks for your understanding in advance and for those of you that know me from way back also know I do my research prior to starting a thread.

Down to the issue, my AEM 30-4406 Bost Pressure Gauge is not showing pressure though is is illuminated, but the digital dial does not move from the left to the right at all. I have checked all the vacuum connections to & from the Pressure Sensor which look fine & can assume the electrical end is OK since the gauge is getting power, but I checked the wiring just in case & seems to be OK as well. I have come the conclusion by deduction that the Pressure Sensor itself has failed but prefer confirmation prior to spending $60 on it when I can replace the entire gauge assembly for another $100.

Any feedback from knowledgeable members is welcome & appreciated.
Thanks again in advance & I'm sorry it's been so long since I have been on.

Sponsored By:
Columbus Body Works / ARK Performance / Modern Automotive Performance / Forged Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-10-2019
I'd rather do it myself

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

What is your vacuum source? Does it show vacuum or negative PSI?

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
If the Pharaohs had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose...."
post #3 of 6 Old 06-11-2019 Thread Starter
FUNCTION OVER FORM

(Thread Starter)

The source is the one we discovered to work best 10 years ago right off of the split T we created from the line at the intake manifold with the green/white in-line valve and has not been changed in the past decade, it just stopped showing boost negative or positive.....nothing. I'm sure there is a pic of it in one of my build thread or DIYs. The gauge illuminates, but the needle never moves whether at idle, under load or any other time. Since there is no deviation I assumed it is a failed component not sending the signal and this is relatively a simple gauge with not many variables to cause the concern which led me to believe that the Pressure Sensor just finally burned out.

I know you know your stuff and I'm glad you responded. It's good to see you are still involved and good to hear from you brother. Do you still have your ride? I see it listed under your avatar.

Sponsored By:
Columbus Body Works / ARK Performance / Modern Automotive Performance / Forged Performance

post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2019
I'd rather do it myself

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Same to you. It's been a while since you have been here.

I had sensor go bad on my setup. But they sell separate sensors so it wasn't too bad on the wallet. They also sell an improved more water proof sensor for my ProSport gauge.

Still have my 2010. Just passed 100k miles.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
If the Pharaohs had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose...."
post #5 of 6 Old 06-17-2019 Thread Starter
FUNCTION OVER FORM

(Thread Starter)

Yeah I kinda miss the forums, but have been preoccupied with other parts of my life & with diminished funds recently just haven't done anything to my car worth sharing. This is still a car forum LOL.

I'm going to check the lines one last time (I'm OCD) just to make sure & if they look good it looks like I will just pick up the sensor to swap it out.

I have not done any more mods to my car though to be honest it's still a blast to drive. I just ordered an new pair of 285's for the rear even though I'm only on complete bolt-ons, P&P of I&M with no Cats. But she is still loves to roast the tires through the 1st 3 gears whenever the turbo kicks in. I think Hyundai may have made the those gears a little too close to make it seem fun in stock form, because soon as you add some power it's a PITA getting traction. Funny thing even though shes not extremely fast, with the way my car looks & sounds most cars don't try me, especially when the rear end kicks out and they see my license plate (SEROSLY).

I will try to visit every once in a while just to say hey or answer any questions. Since I checked in I've gotten a few that I responded to trying to help others with their builds.

Sponsored By:
post #6 of 6 Old 08-08-2019
Dropping Knowledge

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage

I figured you got it fixed and it was the sensor? You can test the output of the sensor as it is an analog output.

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
R-Spec | 2.0L Turbo | Tsukuba Red | 6 Speed Manual

Mods
A shitload
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aem , boost gauge , sensor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page