Mishimoto radiator myth + OEM fan/shroud - Page 5 - Hyundai Genesis Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 214 Old 05-18-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Still no update from the vendor/manufacturer? This is getting ridiculous, it would be nice for the manufacturer to step up and take care of the issue or offer a viable solution.

-Mr.Blyatt
zsonata is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 214 Old 05-18-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Nope. No updates. I had to get on mishimoto.com and have a chat with one of the reps. They promised to get with me today... We'll see...
MZ777 is offline  
post #83 of 214 Old 05-18-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Another thing to note is that I had to shorten the radiator hoses because of radiator thickness... The upper hose I had to cut anyway, so I could insert the 38mm gauge adapter but the lower one kept bending without cutting. I had to cut a good amount, so it wouldn't bend otherwise it would affect the coolant flow.

Because I am going back to stock radiator this weekend, I would no longer be able to reuse my lower hose anymore due to it being too short, so I just ordered a new one off rockauto and shelled out $30... Kind of sucks to having to spend more money...
MZ777 is offline  
 
post #84 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Hi @Mishimoto
I will be answering your questions in order:
I have a Treadstone IC kit. Those who have it will agree with me that it is roughly the same size as the Mishimoto one (same mounting style). The crash bar is still in place and the core itself is sitting right below it.

This intercooler is not big enough to have any sort of blockage of the radiator whatsoever. I've installed the radiator and the intercooler kit at the same time. I am happy with my IAT temperatures after the install because before I was in fact getting heat soaked, so the intercooler upgrade was not worthless; the highest I ever see now is probably 20-25*F more than the ambient (driving in the city), I mean my screen shorts speak for themselves. The IATs increase with the coolant temps; once the coolant raises to 200* F and above, the same goes for IATs (~130* F)...
Ok so, the bottom of the radiator is roughly on the same level with the top of the crash bar (if looking at it from the side). The intercooler sits below the crash bar; therefore, there is no blockage there.

As I've mentioned in my earlier posts, fitting the radiator took me the most. All together from start to finish, installing both products took me 36 hours. The part that had to be trimmed off on the radiator has zero effect on its performance - it's just a mount that was on the way of IC pipes.

Also, watching the official YouTube install video where that blond, pro drifter guy does the install (not that I really had to watch the install video, just did it out of curiosity), I do not recall him putting the OEM intercooler back in place after installing Mishimoto radiator/intercooler. Now, some people can do that if they want to (or if they keep the stock intercooler), although I think this step should be completely optional. For me it's not even applicable because of treadstone's intercooler pipes - there's not enough space - that's one; two, I prefer getting rid of the OEM equipment if it's not being used. Yes, it will result in open space right under the radiator and the fan shroud not covering anything, but it is fixed and sealed (posted earlier). The shroud performs as it should.
Another thing were the airdams which I threw away accidentally, but I ended up making my own (as posted earlier) which are larger. Even though I believe these pieces hardly do anything at all, I still decided to go ahead and make some - so that will be out of the way as well. So, I made and installed them and noticed no change in coolant temperature at higher speeds...

@jesse82nc said that I should start worrying if my coolant gets over 220* F, well guess what, in some cases I am only 5 degrees away from that - I don't want to risk because I've NEVER EVER had 200+ degrees with my stock radiator and I sure will go back to it if I have to. The good thing is that our ambient temperature isn't even that high yet; I wonder what will happen once our temperature will get to 100+...

I look forward to have things worked out as soon as possible. No, I am not going to have an e-war here; we're all adults and this situation should be taken care of accordingly. I know it's hard to keep everyone happy, but hey, it doesn't take much to make me happy in this situation - I just want to get my money worth. If I still had the original box and didn't have to trim the radiator - I sure would return it... Although in this case I don't know - I could be still eligible, so.
[/URL]
Thanks for answering our questions! Just keep in mind, we are doing our best to help troubleshoot potential issues. As noted, we have not had any customers experience similar performance concerns, so we are curious as to why this is the case with your particular vehicle/situation. Our team is in no way trying to push your concerns to the side, we just want to understand why this could be happening and we appreciate the assistance in troubleshooting concerns.

Our questions in regards to the FMIC install were asked because you did quite a few upgrades at once. This introduces other variables that we wanted further information about. The Treadstone cooler does appear to block the entire portion below the crash beam while the stock cooler sits slightly lower. That being said, the slight difference here is unlikely to cause significant impacts on temperatures. Others seem to be experiencing normal fluid temperatures with this exact cooler as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Received a response from Mishimoto this morning:

Well, of course they are curious about my intercooler, probably mainly due to it not being Mishimoto... Do you know why I had to cut it? Because you guys decided to put that half inch gap between the rad and the AC condenser? If it was sitting flush mounted to one another just as OEM - I bet you I could even reuse my stock coolant reservoir but because it is what it is - I am forced to look for another one. How about the grill area? Is the opening there not enough to cool the rad? I highly doubt there's not enough air flow just because I now have a FMIC; the air still passes through. Look at @PeanutButter - same setup as myself with the exception of OEM rad that he still has AND still has better coolant temperature than me with your radiator.
I've already killed my Friday, Saturday and Sunday installing this, and sure ain't going through this again. I mean seriously?? You telling me to put the stock parts back on? The only stock part I consider reinstating is the radiator because the one from you obviously isn't doing any good.

@PeanutButter is your man in this case - again, same intercooler as me and stock radiator. Can you explain why he has "enough air flow" to cool the stock radiator?
I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Our CSR team recommended reverting to the stock cooler in order to help troubleshoot the issue. Like I noted before, we have not had a similar report of performance concerns which is why we are attempting to diagnose your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
+1 what blyatt is saying...
I also sent a message to Mishimoto customer service. I asked what shall we do now? As I said, if no other radiator will be provided, this one needs to go back and my money's got to be refunded. I do not see another way to solve this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Nope. No updates. I had to get on mishimoto.com and have a chat with one of the reps. They promised to get with me today... We'll see...
I spoke with our customer service team today in regards to your situation. If you would like a refund, we will certainly honor that request. Please contact the representative you have been working with to initiate this process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Another thing to note is that I had to shorten the radiator hoses because of radiator thickness... The upper hose I had to cut anyway, so I could insert the 38mm gauge adapter but the lower one kept bending without cutting. I had to cut a good amount, so it wouldn't bend otherwise it would affect the coolant flow.

Because I am going back to stock radiator this weekend, I would no longer be able to reuse my lower hose anymore due to it being too short, so I just ordered a new one off rockauto and shelled out $30... Kind of sucks to having to spend more money...
Interesting. This radiator does not typically require trimming of the factory hose setup. I assume this was the stock hose on the lower side?

Thanks
-John
Mishimoto is offline  
post #85 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Go Hyundai!
 
jesse82nc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Garage

Since we have been having some very warm temperatures here in NC the last couple days, I thought I would update.

All water temps are from my Prosport Evo gauge with the Sender in the upper coolant tube from the radiator.

It was 95F on my way home yesterday, so I had the A/C on
Drove at about 60-80 mph for about 20 minutes, developing some boost up to about 8-9 psi a couple times (3.8T)
Then encountered traffic
While sitting in stop and go traffic for about 10 minutes, and never getting above 20 mph, the temperature crept up to about 215F, at one point it hit 220-222F
I turned the A/C off and it got down to about 215F and stayed there.
As soon as traffic broke and I got back up to 70 mph, the temperatures dropped back down to around 200F.
After about 15 minutes at 70-80 mph, It was down to 185-190F or so.

The 222F was pretty high and worries me a little, but it was very hot out and we were not moving, and I had the A/C on. Both fans were going at the time, but I guess it's barely enough air since my FMIC and Mishi Oil Cooler are mounted up front as well.

Oil temps were around 220F as well for reference.

The OEM/Dash engine temp gauge never got above 1 notch below the middle, so the ECU was still saying everything was alright.

'14 3.8T 6MT Ultimate, Ibiza Blue
Precision 6266 BB Gen2 Turbo w/ TurboKits.com's Kit running 9 psi + Water/Meth
Too many mods to list, just visit my garage via the link here - https://www.gencoupe.com/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=7090

Dyno 2/20/15 - 475.8 hp / 437.8 tq SAE
First 3.8 GDI to break 400 hp on the dyno
jesse82nc is offline  
post #86 of 214 Old 05-19-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post

Our questions in regards to the FMIC install were asked because you did quite a few upgrades at once. This introduces other variables that we wanted further information about. The Treadstone cooler does appear to block the entire portion below the crash beam while the stock cooler sits slightly lower. That being said, the slight difference here is unlikely to cause significant impacts on temperatures. Others seem to be experiencing normal fluid temperatures with this exact cooler as well.
That is correct, I've installed two things at once. On one hand, I understand you have to ask me those questions in regards to Treadstone's size and how much space it takes behind the bumper under the crash beam, but on the other hand - the Mishimoto intercooler takes just as much space (maybe a little less), but is the different really that significant? I don't think so...







Once again, how come @PeanutButter has better temperature with unsealed fan shroud and OEM radiator? Don't forget that he's got the same IC kit as myself... Once @PeanutButter starts driving, his temps go down to 180F range. Mine doesn't.

Besides, I don't think the radiator gets its cooling from the lower bumper opening. I mean just look!



The lower bumper opening sure is for the OEM intercooler cooling purpose. The picture above is pretty obvious! Let it be stock or Mishimoto radiator, the most cooling gets through the grill, or am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Our CSR team recommended reverting to the stock cooler in order to help troubleshoot the issue. Like I noted before, we have not had a similar report of performance concerns which is why we are attempting to diagnose your vehicle.
I understand; however, I would have to agree with Blyatt, I just simply will waste my time by going back to stock intercooler just to see if your radiator will start functioning. Second, I mean, why? We have @PeanutButter which has the configuration your CSR team wants to see. I am thankful that he took the time to post his temps. Thanks @PeanutButter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post

I spoke with our customer service team today in regards to your situation. If you would like a refund, we will certainly honor that request. Please contact the representative you have been working with to initiate this process.
That's great. I will send an email and see how we can go regarding the return process. As I said earlier, I am waiting for the coolant hose I ordered yesterday and until I get it, I will not be able to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post

Interesting. This radiator does not typically require trimming of the factory hose setup. I assume this was the stock hose on the lower side?
Yup. If I did not have that 38mm hose adapter, I would most likely had to trim the upper hose as well. The lower hose definitely had to be trimmed because the Mishimoto radiator is spaced out closer to the engine, therefore, the hose was too long and had to be shortened; otherwise, it would bend and cause the coolant flow to be decreased. New hose with shipping is $30 from RockAuto as it is not sold locally anywhere.

Hey @jesse82nc even though our cars are totally different, thanks for contributing to this thread. I would imagine your car generates a little more heat than mine, so those temperatures 'could' be OK in your case.

The point of this thread is to bring a problem with Mishimoto radiator that 'cools' my car worse than stock radiator - that's what doesn't make sense to me.
MZ777 is offline  
post #87 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Senior Member
 
PeanutButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spring Hill, KS (Kansas City)
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Since I ordered some Water Wetter with my Redline tans fluid When I did my Clutch install this weekend I flushed my Coolant /Radiator and added Fresh Peak 50/50 with 4 caps of Water Wetter and on my way to work this morning from my dash temp gauge it looked like it was running slightly cooler so Im going to log the temps on my phone on the way home....its very humid here but only 61 and doesnt appear to get over 75 for the next week.
PeanutButter is offline  
post #88 of 214 Old 05-19-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

I thought water wetter only works with straight water? By the way, did you seal up that hole yet?
MZ777 is offline  
post #89 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Go Hyundai!
 
jesse82nc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Since I ordered some Water Wetter with my Redline tans fluid When I did my Clutch install this weekend I flushed my Coolant /Radiator and added Fresh Peak 50/50 with 4 caps of Water Wetter and on my way to work this morning from my dash temp gauge it looked like it was running slightly cooler so Im going to log the temps on my phone on the way home....its very humid here but only 61 and doesnt appear to get over 75 for the next week.
I thought it has been proven that Water Wetter only works properly with 100% water. It's made for those that need to run 100% water at the track due to track rules. On 50/50 mix, it doesn't do much at all.

Redline WaterWetter® Review

'14 3.8T 6MT Ultimate, Ibiza Blue
Precision 6266 BB Gen2 Turbo w/ TurboKits.com's Kit running 9 psi + Water/Meth
Too many mods to list, just visit my garage via the link here - https://www.gencoupe.com/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=7090

Dyno 2/20/15 - 475.8 hp / 437.8 tq SAE
First 3.8 GDI to break 400 hp on the dyno
jesse82nc is offline  
post #90 of 214 Old 05-19-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Yup, that's cause the coolant/antifreeze will make the track slippery if it gets on the ground. I also thought it only works with water; some forums say distilled water only.
MZ777 is offline  
post #91 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Senior Member
 
PeanutButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spring Hill, KS (Kansas City)
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Didn't know that. Now I do thanks lol looks like I wasted some money. Maybe it was just getting rid of all the old coolant and putting fresh in then that made a slight difference.

2010 2.0T Track Bathurst Black Sold
BTR stage 2 / Treadstone / Tanabe / Prosport / R2C / Synapse / CP-E

2013 Camaro LS Silver Ice Metalic Sold
Injen intake, MRT exhaust

2015 Veloster Turbo Blue Totaled
Stock

2013 2.0T Premium AT Catalina Copper Current
Stock for now...

Fund my mods here... https://tinyurl.com/y2rgaw2o
PeanutButter is offline  
post #92 of 214 Old 05-19-2015
Senior Member
 
PeanutButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spring Hill, KS (Kansas City)
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

So ya after putting fresh coolant in today on my way home from work it was cool 61 outside but none the less 30 minute drive with AC on for 5 minutes or more and stopping and going at stop lights and even getting up to 100mph on the highway I never saw my temp reach over 193. the 193 was sitting at a stoplight with the AC on. On the highway cruising my temps were around 173.

2010 2.0T Track Bathurst Black Sold
BTR stage 2 / Treadstone / Tanabe / Prosport / R2C / Synapse / CP-E

2013 Camaro LS Silver Ice Metalic Sold
Injen intake, MRT exhaust

2015 Veloster Turbo Blue Totaled
Stock

2013 2.0T Premium AT Catalina Copper Current
Stock for now...

Fund my mods here... https://tinyurl.com/y2rgaw2o
PeanutButter is offline  
post #93 of 214 Old 05-20-2015
슈퍼 쿠페 ^_^
 
Snoopy0812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatchwan
Posts: 13,000
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Thanks for answering our questions! Just keep in mind, we are doing our best to help troubleshoot potential issues. As noted, we have not had any customers experience similar performance concerns, so we are curious as to why this is the case with your particular vehicle/situation. Our team is in no way trying to push your concerns to the side, we just want to understand why this could be happening and we appreciate the assistance in troubleshooting concerns.
That's actually not true. Otherwise there wouldn't be videos on the internet of people taking hammers to their Mishimoto radiators after months of fighting with your customer service on the poor performance of the cores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse82nc View Post
Since we have been having some very warm temperatures here in NC the last couple days, I thought I would update.

All water temps are from my Prosport Evo gauge with the Sender in the upper coolant tube from the radiator.

It was 95F on my way home yesterday, so I had the A/C on
Drove at about 60-80 mph for about 20 minutes, developing some boost up to about 8-9 psi a couple times (3.8T)
Then encountered traffic
While sitting in stop and go traffic for about 10 minutes, and never getting above 20 mph, the temperature crept up to about 215F, at one point it hit 220-222F
I turned the A/C off and it got down to about 215F and stayed there.
As soon as traffic broke and I got back up to 70 mph, the temperatures dropped back down to around 200F.
After about 15 minutes at 70-80 mph, It was down to 185-190F or so.

The 222F was pretty high and worries me a little, but it was very hot out and we were not moving, and I had the A/C on. Both fans were going at the time, but I guess it's barely enough air since my FMIC and Mishi Oil Cooler are mounted up front as well.

Oil temps were around 220F as well for reference.

The OEM/Dash engine temp gauge never got above 1 notch below the middle, so the ECU was still saying everything was alright.
Is that with your stock rad and those massive CFM fans @jesse82nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Yup, that's cause the coolant/antifreeze will make the track slippery if it gets on the ground. I also thought it only works with water; some forums say distilled water only.
Using my OE ECU, I was able to measure a difference between straight 50/50 and 50/50 properly blended with WaterWetter, only 6* iirc, but it was enough to make me want to add it to both my intercooler and my radiator.
ScottAtlanta82 likes this.
Snoopy0812 is offline  
post #94 of 214 Old 05-20-2015
Go Hyundai!
 
jesse82nc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy0812 View Post
Is that with your stock rad and those massive CFM fans @jesse82nc
Mishimoto Radiator.

On another note, I would pay extra for a little larger radiator since it will fit with the slim shroud now.

'14 3.8T 6MT Ultimate, Ibiza Blue
Precision 6266 BB Gen2 Turbo w/ TurboKits.com's Kit running 9 psi + Water/Meth
Too many mods to list, just visit my garage via the link here - https://www.gencoupe.com/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=7090

Dyno 2/20/15 - 475.8 hp / 437.8 tq SAE
First 3.8 GDI to break 400 hp on the dyno

Last edited by jesse82nc; 05-20-2015 at 07:53 AM.
jesse82nc is offline  
post #95 of 214 Old 05-20-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Didn't know that. Now I do thanks lol looks like I wasted some money. Maybe it was just getting rid of all the old coolant and putting fresh in then that made a slight difference.
Let's not even go there LOL... I am yet to see any improvements from a brand new 50/50 mix; I guess I'll find out once I put the stock rad back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
So ya after putting fresh coolant in today on my way home from work it was cool 61 outside but none the less 30 minute drive with AC on for 5 minutes or more and stopping and going at stop lights and even getting up to 100mph on the highway I never saw my temp reach over 193. the 193 was sitting at a stoplight with the AC on. On the highway cruising my temps were around 173.
Ya... Next time we will get 61 is in October or November Your idle temperature is lower than mine on the highway Did you ever seal the hole?

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy0812 View Post
Using my OE ECU, I was able to measure a difference between straight 50/50 and 50/50 properly blended with WaterWetter, only 6* iirc, but it was enough to make me want to add it to both my intercooler and my radiator.
6* difference would make my eyes happy for sure... Especially in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse82nc View Post
Mishimoto Radiator.
Ah, well in this case welcome
MZ777 is offline  
post #96 of 214 Old 05-20-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Since we talk radiators here, does anyone know where I can pickup some sticky foam strips between the radiator and AC condenser? It seems like some of mine are ripped in few places due to taking the Mishimoto in and out a dozen of times... I have not tried home depot or lowes yet.
MZ777 is offline  
post #97 of 214 Old 05-20-2015
Senior Member
 
PeanutButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spring Hill, KS (Kansas City)
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ777 View Post
Let's not even go there LOL... I am yet to see any improvements from a brand new 50/50 mix; I guess I'll find out once I put the stock rad back on.



Ya... Next time we will get 61 is in October or November Your idle temperature is lower than mine on the highway Did you ever seal the hole?

via Imgflip Meme Maker



6* difference would make my eyes happy for sure... Especially in my case.



Ah, well in this case welcome
Well as snoopy said the water wetter added to 50/50 does help slightly more which my temps did read around 6* lower in general. And LOL did not even think about your situation when I typed that, I suppose the $10 I spent does not even come close to the $300 you wasted.

Also my bank account is in some serious pain right now from the clutch but as soon as I have some extra money I plan to get BRs block off plate...for now my temps are fine so im not worried.
PeanutButter is offline  
post #98 of 214 Old 05-20-2015 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MZ777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Ya, take it as some sort of insurance, in fact I may get me a bottle too since it's only $8 locally. Did you pour the whole bottle? And dude, you can just do what I did - didn't cost me anything. I just think $80 for a piece of metal is outrageous.
MZ777 is offline  
post #99 of 214 Old 05-20-2015
I'd rather do it myself
 
Red Raspberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Flat lands of Illinois
Posts: 18,248
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

I've never seen any improvement for the water wetter. The glycol does the same thing, reducing the surface tension of the water molecule.

As far as foam strips get some 1" or whatever foam weather stripping, the window AC doesn't have any glue but a little silicone adhesive will make it stick if need be.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
If the Pharaohs had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose...."
Red Raspberry is offline  
post #100 of 214 Old 05-20-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

This is very interesting, well at least Mishimoto appears to be willing to send a refund and at least get you your money back. Please keep the forum posted with the final resolution.

-Mr. Blyatt
zsonata is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM Radiator and shroud problem NahC Engine 1 12-31-2014 10:26 AM
WTB: 3.8L radiator fan shroud Red Raspberry Want to Buy 0 11-17-2013 06:21 AM
Wtb 10-12 3.8 Koyo Radiator and Fan Shroud delta9 Want to Buy 2 05-02-2013 03:52 AM
WTB OEM fan/Shroud/Overflow box SoCalturbo Want to Buy 0 07-22-2011 06:54 PM
FS: OEM Radiator Fan BAMATuner Engine 0 09-17-2010 07:04 PM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome