We think the mods are childish and lock threads for no reason - Hyundai Genesis Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
Hyundai Aftermarket
 
majik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
We think the mods are childish and lock threads for no reason

Search on this site seriously sucks. It's impossible to find anything, and it doesn't sort by date either. Make sure you do your diligence searching though, because if you don't it'll result in your topic being locked.

Chapter 11: Going for Broke

www.Chapter11BK.com
majik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so people who post redundant topics get their threads locked because this search is broken? and we are supposed to know this?

please tell me how. i'm not a mind reader.
xoxemma is offline  
post #3 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
3.5L TT but wrong body
Moderator
 
CrookedH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ATX
Posts: 12,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

Blank for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post
Search on this site seriously sucks. It's impossible to find anything, and it doesn't sort by date either. Make sure you do your diligence searching though, because if you don't it'll result in your topic being locked.

Lol, the site has a Google Search function that works just fine. Generally speaking if someone doubles up a topic they'll be merged if there's any worth while information in the 2nd one. No worth while information = lock/delete, as it should... Why keep garbage around?

If we do lock a thread it's for the benefit of the community not having to sort through multiple threads to find information. Organization is key to people finding the info... Seems pretty logical to me.

Do you simply allow people to create new threads over the same topics over and over again on your forums? If so, I bet even with a good search it would take twice as long to find any useful information.




What is required for a new FS thread?
  • Detailed title of item
  • Detailed description of item (specify if its new, used, etc.)
  • Contact information (Phone number OR email preferred - not just Private Messaging)
  • Asking price
  • Location (State if local pickup or if you will ship)
  • Actual Photos of the item
Any of these missing means your thread will not be approved.
CrookedH is offline  
 
post #4 of 69 Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
Hyundai Aftermarket
 
majik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
Lol, the site has a Google Search function that works just fine.
False. Google Search is broken. See thread title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
Generally speaking if someone doubles up a topic they'll be merged if there's any worth while information in the 2nd one. No worth while information = lock/delete, as it should... Why keep garbage around?
Matter of opinion, I disagree. I was following a thread today that was locked, I didn't feel any other threads adequately showed which intakes do/don't work across the '10-12 / '13 changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
If we do lock a thread it's for the benefit of the community not having to sort through multiple threads to find information. Organization is key to people finding the info... Seems pretty logical to me.
See post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
Do you simply allow people to create new threads over the same topics over and over again on your forums? If so, I bet even with a good search it would take twice as long to find any useful information.
Triple redundancy. See post above. I posted with a specific thread in mind. Didn't mean to make a generalization. I agree that duplicate threads don't need to exist and posts can be merged.

Chapter 11: Going for Broke

www.Chapter11BK.com
majik is offline  
post #5 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Senior Member
 
LeesEvoGenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,093
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage

^^Damn guy

2013 Evo X GSR: Built 2.0l with Wiseco pistons, Manly turbo tuff rods, titanium valve springs, Kelford 214-B cams. Stock sleeves. Custom Fuel Rail. Custom Surge Tank.
On Kozmic's Mustang Dyno: 425AWHP 330AWTQ(Break in tune)
Final Tune on E85: 505AWHP 357AWTQ
LeesEvoGenX is offline  
post #6 of 69 Old 03-14-2013

SJ is the man
Moderator
 
JewishThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View ca
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post
Matter of opinion, I disagree. I was following a thread today that was locked, I didn't feel any other threads adequately showed which intakes do/don't work across the '10-12 / '13 changes.
.
I found a thread in about 30 seconds that did and linked it to her.

Joe's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstablementaly View Post
And seriously JT, you come up with some of the best quotable material
I AM SPECIAL!
JewishThunder is offline  
post #7 of 69 Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
Hyundai Aftermarket
 
majik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

I'll ask her for the link. Thanks

Chapter 11: Going for Broke

www.Chapter11BK.com
majik is offline  
post #8 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
3.5L TT but wrong body
Moderator
 
CrookedH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ATX
Posts: 12,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post
False. Google Search is broken. See thread title.
Matter of opinion, I disagree. I was following a thread today that was locked, I didn't feel any other threads adequately showed which intakes do/don't work across the '10-12 / '13 changes.

See post above.

Triple redundancy. See post above. I posted with a specific thread in mind. Didn't mean to make a generalization. I agree that duplicate threads don't need to exist and posts can be merged.
I meant in general the Google Search works fine, as noted above my reply to you, I got blank search results today as well.

As you know, nobody is perfect, and if a thread lock or delete seems suspect you are always welcome to report it and it will be discussed by the Mods and/or admins.

Sorry, I also shouldn't have assumed it was a generalization about all threads. Sometimes it's hard to see a Chapter 11 sig and not think they're here to bash the site... It happens quite a bit from that crew. Not all but more than any others...




What is required for a new FS thread?
  • Detailed title of item
  • Detailed description of item (specify if its new, used, etc.)
  • Contact information (Phone number OR email preferred - not just Private Messaging)
  • Asking price
  • Location (State if local pickup or if you will ship)
  • Actual Photos of the item
Any of these missing means your thread will not be approved.
CrookedH is offline  
post #9 of 69 Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
Hyundai Aftermarket
 
majik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

True. There are a few that cause problems, but there are well over 75 members and most of them are harmless. I didn't report it because I talked to someone who was already giving the jew hell for it. Didn't see the need to compound it

Chapter 11: Going for Broke

www.Chapter11BK.com
majik is offline  
post #10 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post
I'll ask her for the link. Thanks
this was the link i was given.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2013...ient=firefox-a
xoxemma is offline  
post #11 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

seems easy enough to navigate though all the BS right?
xoxemma is offline  
post #12 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Senior Member
 
LeesEvoGenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,093
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage

^Which kind of proves their point. Its hard to wade through the BS because of all the crap threads that get started.

2013 Evo X GSR: Built 2.0l with Wiseco pistons, Manly turbo tuff rods, titanium valve springs, Kelford 214-B cams. Stock sleeves. Custom Fuel Rail. Custom Surge Tank.
On Kozmic's Mustang Dyno: 425AWHP 330AWTQ(Break in tune)
Final Tune on E85: 505AWHP 357AWTQ
LeesEvoGenX is offline  
post #13 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

it just sucks, i try to give gencoupe a chance and it's always ridiculous. i guess i'm asking for too much wanting to have a comparison of what people have installed and what has worked the best for them so far.. regardless of it being something as dumb as an intake. i don't have days to waste searching though links on google. the organization sucks. improve that and you'll reduce the redundancy. i feel like everyone is always so rude on here, it just sucks.
xoxemma is offline  
post #14 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxemma View Post
i feel like everyone is always so rude on here, it just sucks.
This part is pretty much true.
pnutkitten is offline  
post #15 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
3.5L TT but wrong body
Moderator
 
CrookedH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ATX
Posts: 12,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

This is a community driven site, it's up to the members as much as the mods to keep things organized. If the members don't want to search and add info to existing threads they have no leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about organization , as that's part of the problem.

I can honestly say I'm also not surprised by the people complaining the most and making nothing out of something... Chapter 11 and HyundaiAftermarket forum members... No matter how much that group complains and says GenCoupe sucks more people are joining and being productive members to the forum every day.

Just like ISPs where 2% of the users eat up 90% of the bandwidth, 2% of the users cause 90% of the complaints on this site.

Want to be part of the solution instead of just a complainer? Dig up the info and put it all into one thread like some people have done for turbos, dynos, etc. Stop using the forums as a Magic 8 ball (ask a question, shake things up, and hope for an answer), be a CONTRIBUTING MEMBER (and not just by commenting : cool exhaust), and help others. Do that and I guarantee you won't feel like everyone is rude as you'll have their appreciation and actually be helping the site.




What is required for a new FS thread?
  • Detailed title of item
  • Detailed description of item (specify if its new, used, etc.)
  • Contact information (Phone number OR email preferred - not just Private Messaging)
  • Asking price
  • Location (State if local pickup or if you will ship)
  • Actual Photos of the item
Any of these missing means your thread will not be approved.

Last edited by CrookedH; 03-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.
CrookedH is offline  
post #16 of 69 Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
Hyundai Aftermarket
 
majik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Found it.
https://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discuss...it-2013-a.html

Chapter 11: Going for Broke

www.Chapter11BK.com
majik is offline  
post #17 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Search is not working...

ohh looks like Jew is at it again. lets lock up everything that has the word intake in it.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xoxemma is offline  
post #18 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
I can honestly say I'm also not surprised by the people complaining the most and making nothing out of something... Chapter 11 and HyundaiAftermarket forum members...


Chime in to let them know that their search not working isn't an isolated incident, get picked on because of an affiliation with a car group.
pnutkitten is offline  
post #19 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
3.5L TT but wrong body
Moderator
 
CrookedH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ATX
Posts: 12,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutkitten View Post


Chime in to let them know that their search not working isn't an isolated incident, get picked on because of an affiliation with a car group.
So your comment agreeing with xoxemma was actually a notification that the search wasn't working? Or did someone else make that comment from your account? If you made the comment I guess the language difference between the South and the NW is a lot different than I ever imagined. If you didn't make that comment I'd suggest changing your password...

And yes, to me, due to issues being CAUSED by people in your sig and people in your car club, I'm suspect of the intention of most members of said club. I know some of them mean well and are productive members of this forum, but by no means all of them.

I don't speak for any other mods or the Admin, that's my personal opinion after multiple years of seeing them in action.




What is required for a new FS thread?
  • Detailed title of item
  • Detailed description of item (specify if its new, used, etc.)
  • Contact information (Phone number OR email preferred - not just Private Messaging)
  • Asking price
  • Location (State if local pickup or if you will ship)
  • Actual Photos of the item
Any of these missing means your thread will not be approved.
CrookedH is offline  
post #20 of 69 Old 03-14-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedH View Post
So your comment agreeing with xoxemma was actually a notification that the search wasn't working? Or did someone else make that comment from your account? I guess the language difference between the South and the NW is a lot different than I ever imagined.

And yes, to me, due to issues being CAUSED by people in your sig and people in your car club, I'm suspect of the intention of most members of said club. I know some of them mean well and are productive members of this forum, but by no means all of them.

I don't speak for any other mods or the Admin, that's my personal opinion after multiple years of seeing them in action.
Yes, after I chimed in regarding the search function I agreed with Em regarding people's general rudeness on this forum. My apologies Mr. Moderator for not considering that complaining about the way that threads are handled here on GenCoupe (which is what I thought you were complaining about people complaining about, MY BAD). I was merely making an observation about attitudes in general all around the forum regardless of where people come from or with whom they are affiliated. You pretty much proved my point though with your entire first paragraph. Way to be a douche.

Moving on, I'm glad you know that "some of them mean well." In fact, most of them mean well, and you should probably try being a little less judgmental when encountering ones that you don't know for the first time. Just because you're a GenCoupe Moderator, I don't assume you're an incompetent jerk-off, like I've seen some of the other ones be in my time here, I assume you're a Moderator trying to fix the problem with the search function and trying to better the forum for everyone. But, now I know you're just an ass who likes to stereotype and judge people.
pnutkitten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - CG Lock (seatbelt lock) $45 nfotek Interior 3 05-14-2013 09:46 AM
Vendors bumping threads for no reason Genosis Gencoupe.com Site Issues, Support & Help 125 02-22-2012 02:58 PM
The reason i got a GenCoupe LittMatt New Member Section 34 10-01-2011 08:45 PM
I like going on drives for no reason in this car Threept8GC General Discussion 63 11-03-2010 05:34 PM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome