Ok, a few days later... oh well here are the pics.
While on a 2 lane, divided road - an RTD bus pulled right out in front of me. I had almost no time to react, so I hit the brakes and dodged to the right (she was making a left hand turn). Unfortunately, the driver decided to make an illegal left had turn into the outside lane. We bumped - only my mirror was removed and a little scuffing at the back left quarter panel. I thus got bumped into a field at 50 mph. Brakes were useless on the very soft and muddy embankment - so i bumped and bounced for 300+ yards (I think the officer said) AFTER I went airborne on an 8 foot drop off of the embankment you can see.
THE GOOD news -
- This could have been a LOT worse - had i not twiched to the right - it would have been a rear end impact at 50 and my vehicle would have "dove under" the bumper of hers.. possibly killing me - for sure sending me to the hospital. I thank my track training for those reflexes.
- my car was not totaled.
- The unibody didn't get bent.
- The Snow tires double as off road tires!!!!!! (check out those Blizzak LM60 TREAD!!! my car REALLY looks like it has off road tires lol)
- My Java drink was well mixed after this, still hot and I drank it waiting for the police and med equipment to show up.
The Bad news -
- Now my car is devalued more for resale
- Damage to - Suspension, Front Bumper (misaligned), Side Skirts (Misaligned) Both Left and Right front quarter panels (misaligned), Right rear quarter panel (Misaligned, and scraped from bus), Driver Door (Mirror and dent where mirror hit door on metal part just below the window), Driver side Window scratched and needs replaced, Roof (miror flew up and dented roof right by the sunroof)
- I can now say I've been run off the road by a Short Buss
- The driver of the bus was only charged with "unsafe lane change" which I'm contesting - should be "leaving seen of accident" or "hit and run"
- I'll probably have to hire a lawyer for the ^
Edit - Got the repair quote back - so far up to 5k and climbing!
Edit - A week later, saw my car in the shop today. More damage totals coming in. If fixed, straightened rear cradle and new front cradle, struts and springs. Rotors are in question and so is other brake stuff. Will find out on Weds if the extra stuff will end up totaling the car. i r sad, and very mad at RTD.
Edit - 2/19/11 - Got the car back today so I went from:
Here are several reasons WHY you don't want to go in a field at 50 mph in this car: Click the links below to view - I don't feel like taking up a ton of screen restate for them...
The Links to all of it...
Still have a few things to fix from the repair that need... adjusted such as the right door's closing point, the left mirror's optics are "warped" and needs replaced/fixed and they missed a small spot of clear bra.
I also have to go back and fight to get my rotors/pads replaced for the front and rear as they turned them but I'm getting pulsing and grinding on them - the "turn" didn't do enough as you can clearly see HUGE hot spots on the front rotors and after only 8 miles the rear rotors are waring unevenly with groves in the rotors...
what a pain in the... !#$%#^(&*