Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Member/Soon To Be Owner w/ Questions about factory options.
Right, so hi, I'm new here - I've lurked around a tad, namely at the Manual Transmission Issues thread, because I've been eyeing a Genesis Coupe for about a year now. I'm finally ready to make a purchase in a couple weeks - which is going to be a dream as my current car has decided to throw all sorts of curveballs at me this winter.
Anyway, I have a few questions I'd like to ask you guys, as I'm trying to decide on a model choice here (Between a 2011 2.0T R-Spec and Premium) - I haven't searched, but I'm more looking for straightforward, yes or no answers as to whether or not the information is available on what I want here. Along with difficulty for a few of them. Ultimately this is going to help me make my choice, and get started in the community here. I'm buying from Northtown Automotive if anybody has experience with them, I'm in the Buffalo, NY area - again, if it helps at all. And with that, here I go, and thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to give me some direction here:
1) I wanted the R-Spec model due to the larger rims/better tires, track suspension, brembo brakes and torsen rear diff. Is there any chance if I get the Premium, that they'll be able to order a standard for me, with the R-Spec features listed? I refuse to drive an automatic.
The things on the R-Spec aren't available as options on the premium.
2) Do we know if purchasing and installing aftermarket HIDs for the projector headlights has a warranty impact? I imagine it shouldn't, but Northtown claims they can't install HIDs on my build.
Can't Imagine installing HID's would impact any part of the warranty except the part covering the Headlight and/or that part of the wiring harness. Also don't get HID's installed by the dealer, in fact I'd not get any custom work done by them at all. Aftermarket HID's are your best best, such as the ones available from Diode Dynamics
3) Are fog lights hard to install? It was fairly simple on my '96 Celica, just a matter of a relay and the actual lights, since I was pre-wired for them. Northtown says they're not available.
Fog-lights aren't too hard to install, look around for the DIY on it. Cheapest place to get them from is importshark.com. Again don't have the dealer do it, they are rather overpriced.
4) Are the bigger stabilizer bars easy/expensive to get a hold of/swappable at order? The Premium comes with 24mm in front and 19mm in the back, I'd like the 25mm front and 22mm rear bars that come on the R-Spec.
If you get the Premium, best way to upgrade the sway bars would be to go aftermarket, look at importshark.com again for that.
5) Same deal with the suspension, would that be swappable at order from the Premium sport suspension to the R-Spec's track?
Very easy to swap, best bet there is to look in the Private Classifieds for someone selling these (lot's of people do after they get coil-overs)
6) Along with the tires and rims - can I swap out the 18's for the 19's with the better tires?
Again very easy to swap, best bet there is to look in the Private Classifieds for someone selling these (lot's of people do after they get new wheels)
7) For those with experience at Northtown - do they use the genuine Hyundai parts for "aftermarket" sunroof work? I.E. the control set and still retain the tilt and slide functionality, or will I get something different?
No comment here
8) Are the 3.8's heated mirrors with turn signals hard to come by, do they come painted, and are they difficult to wire in?
You can buy these aftermarket (not sure where), but I can't comment on ease of install
9) What exactly does the 3.8's electrochromic mirror do? Just auto-dim when headlights hit it?
Edited: Oh, yea what JasonG said is correct (thought you were talking about outside mirrors)
10) Is the cruise system hard to wire in on the R-Spec? Is there a reason it's deleted off that model only? Northtown says cruise isn't available through Hyundai due to liability issues?
I really don't know if it'd be possible to wire in that. It probably involves changing out the wire harness and BCM to start with at least. It's deleted from the R-spec to save weight and money (says Hyundai). The parts are available I'm sure, but your dealer wouldn't want to be on the hook for something like that. If you want to do stuff like that best bet is using a shop that does custom work.
11) Same with push start, it's a feature I'd love to have, but I want the genuine Hyundai parts in there if possible. Northtown says this is a Premium model only deal. Is it easy to do/install?
No this would not be an easy/ cheap thing to do aftermarket. I don't know of anyones who's done this, so I'm not sure it'd be possible (using just OEM parts).
12) Do we have like a parts catalog available with numbers in it and whatnot, in case I would need to order some of these items from the parts shop?
This vendor has a pretty good online Catalog Hyundai Parts 4 Less | Genuine Hyundai Parts, Performance & Accessories
Things to note:
I know I asked a lot of questions, help with any of the following is so much appreciated, as it'll decide what I end up getting. Honestly, I'm expecting flack for coming in and doing this
I refuse to drive an auto, so if we know we can't swap the Premium's drivetrain, R-Spec it is and I'll have to aftermarket out what I can from there.
Aside from that, I know I asked a lot of "dealer related" questions. If they can't be answered, don't sweat it, I meet with my salesman again on Friday. I'm just trying to cover all bases as quickly as possible.
I'll be back tomorrow around 6ish, I have to work from 8-5. EST, of course.
|9) What exactly does the 3.8's electrochromic mirror do? Just auto-dim when headlights hit it?|
It's not a light switch situation of retarded or not. It's a level based question. Like was he code red butt ****ing a couch cushion retarded? Or just like licking strangers knees disabled. Maybe a touch of finger blasting his cat listening to dragonforce and eating an ice cream cone too fast.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hyundai Genesis Coupe Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Several Model Options||Diode Dynamics||Diode Dynamics||233||07-05-2019 01:26 PM|
|****Karbon Koncepts**** CP-E 2.0T Factory Intercooler Replacement Kit||karbonkoncepts||Engine||0||03-09-2015 12:35 PM|
|2013 Factory Navi Stereo upgrade options HELP!||Wizzard005||Interior 2013 and up||0||11-22-2014 04:54 PM|
|Some questions from a (potential) future Genesis owner||tazzydnc||General Discussion||6||10-11-2010 08:59 AM|
|About to become a GC owner, I have a lot of questions.||docprego||New Member Section||24||07-23-2009 04:29 PM|