Bk2 3.8 Genny with BK1 engine and 8 speed trans - Hyundai Genesis Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Juntak3.8
  • 1 Post By -fritz-
  • 1 Post By lvdukerider
  • 1 Post By AKGC
  • 1 Post By lvdukerider
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Juntak3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Bk2 3.8 Genny with BK1 engine and 8 speed trans

Hi
Just wanted to share this info of weird Regional differences with you, since I'm new here and this might be interesting info for some of you.

Here in Bahrain, we only have the RS3800 Lambada engine for the BK2 Genesis Coupes, there is no GDI version, but the thing is, Our BK2s came with the newer 8 Speed transmission that was made for the more powerful GDi engine. Weird huh?

As you can see from the photo my 2014 3.8 Ultimate came with RS3800 (and has 8 speed with paddle shifter)

Well... now you know something new
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0357.jpeg (430.3 KB, 16 views)
Red Raspberry likes this.
Juntak3.8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
 
-fritz-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Wow! That is weird! I know the UK has a lot of mpg and emissions laws we don't have here, but I have never heard of this before. I assume your's came from the UK?
Juntak3.8 likes this.

2012 Genesis 3.8 Track, Silverstone, w/ZF Trans.
20% Tint. Fogs on anytime mod.
Gencoupe Wings emblems.
K&N Drop-in, and carbon filter delete.
Quad exhaust tips.
-fritz- is online now  
post #3 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)

I have read this before here on this forum, curious as to why. Does yours come with a back up camera? I know Canadian models did but U.S. models did not.
Juntak3.8 likes this.
lvdukerider is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
AKGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,422
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)

maintenance

Direct injection has a nasty habit of building carbon around the valves, since their's no fuel injection to cool and clean the valves in the intake flow.
That's my guess anyways.
Juntak3.8 likes this.
AKGC is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Juntak3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -fritz- View Post
Wow! That is weird! I know the UK has a lot of mpg and emissions laws we don't have here, but I have never heard of this before. I assume your's came from the UK?
GCC region actually, All the 6 countries have only non GDI BK2s

I doubt itís because mpg (oil is cheap here) or emission laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdukerider View Post
I have read this before here on this forum, curious as to why. Does yours come with a back up camera? I know Canadian models did but U.S. models did not.
Yeah, our BK2 (should we call them BK1.5) Ultimates came with backup cameras and also headlight washers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AKGC View Post
maintenance

Direct injection has a nasty habit of building carbon around the valves, since their's no fuel injection to cool and clean the valves in the intake flow.
That's my guess anyways.
Well Hyundai (and kia) were selling other vehicles with their GDi engines here including Veloster/V Turbo and Santa Fe during the same time the BK2 was on sale, I guess they just didn't wanted to give us the full powah of The Genny 2
Juntak3.8 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntak3.8 View Post
GCC region actually, All the 6 countries have only non GDI BK2s

I doubt itís because mpg (oil is cheap here) or emission laws.



Yeah, our BK2 (should we call them BK1.5) Ultimates came with backup cameras and also headlight washers.





Well Hyundai (and kia) were selling other vehicles with their GDi engines here including Veloster/V Turbo and Santa Fe during the same time the BK2 was on sale, I guess they just didn't wanted to give us the full powah of The Genny 2
What a mystery if they sold other GDI vehicle at that same time. Well on the bright side you dont have to worry about excessive carbon build up on the intake valves, and you got the back up camera without having to wire up your own. Now thats the first ive ever heard of any gen coupe coming equipped with headlamp washers, now to retrofit that to a north American coup would at least be unique. Did your country get the Brembo brakes or 2014 and rspec seats?
Juntak3.8 likes this.
lvdukerider is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Juntak3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdukerider View Post
What a mystery if they sold other GDI vehicle at that same time. Well on the bright side you dont have to worry about excessive carbon build up on the intake valves, and you got the back up camera without having to wire up your own. Now thats the first ive ever heard of any gen coupe coming equipped with headlamp washers, now to retrofit that to a north American coup would at least be unique. Did your country get the Brembo brakes or 2014 and rspec seats?
Yeah we got Brembo.

Not sure about the seats, i think theyíre the same as the US ones but without heating feature (our weather is like hell most of the year... so yeah) but here is a photo for the seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0368.jpeg (384.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0367.jpeg (84.8 KB, 4 views)
Juntak3.8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BK1 OEM engine parts Thumb5 Engine 5 04-05-2016 08:22 AM
engine destroyed on 3.8 barrie380gt Ontario 7 10-01-2015 11:26 AM
Nov. 5th - Hyundai Crate Engine program announcement for 2.0T and 3.8 Engines perry8472 General Discussion 27 11-28-2013 07:46 AM
Blown 2013 3.8 Engine Amrick Engine 51 06-14-2013 07:22 PM
problem_ 3.8 coupe chris_2.0_rspec 3.8 V6 Discussion 2008-2012 4 01-23-2012 10:38 AM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome