Hyundai Genesis Forum

Hyundai Genesis Forum (https://www.gencoupe.com/forumindex.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/)
-   -   What did you do to your Genesis Coupe today? (https://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/82963-what-did-you-do-your-genesis-coupe-today.html)

ozonegc 12-02-2011 07:47 PM

What did you do to your Genesis Coupe today?
 
So im starting this thread or if this type of thread has been made im starting a new one. Post something you did to your gen coupe today with atleast one picture so people can see what all your hard work has led to. If you got no pictures then go take one with your cellphone

Today I finished putting in new Eibach Sportlines and some 20mm spacers all around. Much different than stock and the 20mm spacers were a perfect fit
The Springs
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1953/springs.jpg

Before the install
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3821/photopk.jpg

After the install
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9472/dsc0008ib.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4298/dsc0003xo.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5907/dsc0007sav.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4170/dsc0006ix.jpg

sigel 12-02-2011 08:18 PM

Preview your post.... Ftw

ozonegc 12-02-2011 08:19 PM

damn showed all the pictures when i previewed it wtf
Fixed* :D

giaolong 12-02-2011 08:21 PM

Gun the car in 2nd with the 290 wtq, learning how to control the sliding....

acgidley 12-02-2011 08:22 PM

So... There's this thing called an edit button. You can go back and fix the pictures pretty easily. Just get a photobucket, or flickr, or imageshack, or whatever account. It's free.

Also,

https://www.gencoupe.com/media/79797-...-purchase.html

Basically the same thing, and in the Media section so you're supposed to post pictures.

ozonegc 12-02-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acgidley (Post 914585)
So... There's this thing called an edit button. You can go back and fix the pictures pretty easily. Just get a photobucket, or flickr, or imageshack, or whatever account. It's free.

Also,

https://www.gencoupe.com/media/79797-...-purchase.html

Basically the same thing, and in the Media section so you're supposed to post pictures.

Yes but this is more of a write about what you installed that day and maybe post a before and after picture if you have one.

TweetTrack 12-02-2011 09:04 PM

I made an install today, but nothing exciting; finally got around to putting on my license plates.
I had two more weeks left on the paper tags but the new is wearing off so I thought why not, just get it over with.

ozonegc 12-02-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetTrack (Post 914611)
I made an install today, but nothing exciting; finally got around to putting on my license plates.
I had two more weeks left on the paper tags but the new is wearing off so I thought why not, just get it over with.

Nice man good install.




Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

ozonegc 12-03-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giaolong (Post 914584)
Gun the car in 2nd with the 290 wtq, learning how to control the sliding....

huh? are you telling me to try sliding out in second? i have not very hard lol

JoeyGenesis 12-03-2011 01:27 PM

ozone gen gc, are you running any camber? Do you have any rub issues around corners when ur going fast? just trying to do my research before I purchase my springs and spacers. Been tearing through all the posts trying to get everyones opinions and experiences with their respective setups.

giaolong 12-03-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozonegengc (Post 914825)
huh? are you telling me to try sliding out in second? i have not very hard lol

No lol, I slide easily in second now, but I want to control it better, not sliding all over the place.

ozonegc 12-03-2011 02:12 PM

No i havent experienced any rubbing yet thankfully and im not running any camber. I got the base model with the 18's and i didnt get the camber bolt from the dealership so i cant adjust camber that much right now. Ill update later if i buy the camber bolt.

dipzydooer 12-03-2011 06:52 PM

damn the sportline kit looks real nice, just dont think i have the tools/skills to install them nor do i wanna pay $200 plus for install... hmm

AKGC 12-03-2011 07:37 PM

absolutely nothing :p

csu87 12-03-2011 08:07 PM

put back on bov, sri, boost gauge. gonna redo flash tomorrow morning maybe. just got my car back from warranty work and i had to take everything off. wont get around to putting back on intercooler and injectors for awhile now :(

double install ftl

Rodvik 12-03-2011 08:11 PM

Very nice! How did you debadge your car btw? Also what did that lowering kit run you if you don't mind me asking? and was it difficult to install?

ShaverZBT 12-03-2011 09:41 PM

First oil change today at 3,028 miles. Stock oil out, full synthetic in (Castrol Edge Titanium) and a K&N Filter (that was actually done at mile 62).

sigel 12-03-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipzydooer (Post 915329)
damn the sportline kit looks real nice, just dont think i have the tools/skills to install them nor do i wanna pay $200 plus for install... hmm

Put the money you saved into tools and do it yoursellf. Then you'll have tools for other proojects... Plus you come out ahead by owninng tools instead of just paying some shmuck to do it. DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your an idiot and don't tighten shhhit to spec, then crash your car. ;)

ozonegc 12-03-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodvik (Post 915370)
Very nice! How did you debadge your car btw? Also what did that lowering kit run you if you don't mind me asking? and was it difficult to install?

The way i debadged the Hyundai emblem was with floss and string and a blow dryer but for the other emblems i just used fishing line. The kit was about 200+ 135 for the spacers and the install was not bad at all cuz i had the proper tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by csu87 (Post 915369)
put back on bov, sri, boost gauge. gonna redo flash tomorrow morning maybe. just got my car back from warranty work and i had to take everything off. wont get around to putting back on intercooler and injectors for awhile now :(

double install ftl

Sorry to hear that you had to take everything off for warranty work but atleast they didnt find nothing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AKGC (Post 915355)
absolutely nothing :p

:gc-free-sign-smiley sleep
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigel (Post 915432)
Put the money you saved into tools and do it yoursellf. Then you'll have tools for other proojects... Plus you come out ahead by owninng tools instead of just paying some shmuck to do it. DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your an idiot and don't tighten shhhit to spec, then crash your car. ;)

Agreed.

[email protected] 12-04-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozonegengc (Post 915128)
No i havent experienced any rubbing yet thankfully and im not running any camber. I got the base model with the 18's and i didnt get the camber bolt from the dealership so i cant adjust camber that much right now. Ill update later if i buy the camber bolt.

Carlos, the camber bolts are only for the front...and please get it aligned....let it settle over the weekend...but please get it aligned...with the stock 18's, you will not need the front camber bolts, in fact, you might potentially be running more camber than is needed...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome