For those interested in starting to tune a GC and who have not done this before, here's my thoughts on the base tune from PRW:
- Very simple and straightforward documentation
- Very simple to flash (did not hear the beeps, but the leds on the PA module started blinking when the flash was done)
- Feel more power to the butt-dyno, Checked
- Turbo spools faster, Checked
- The car is more agile on the street, Checked
- Better power curve (or so it seems to me), Checked
- Big difference from stock behavour
- No CELs, no other issues, Checked
- My stock clutch started slipping in 5th gear with stock boost (which on my car was set at 13 psi and had stock spool/boost behavior), I raised it to 15psi as per PRW's instructions and the issue was gone and also the car pulled faster.
Now there is something I'd like to say so that everyone can see: William from PRW is an amazing guy. He's a very stand-up guy and has helped me a lot by his continued support on doing my mods. When it comes to customer support and experience I would recommend PRW as he has the best attitude I have ever seen. There is nothing more I can say on this matter. This is as good as it gets.
And before anyone says anything on this, yes I have also contacted SFR and BTR before going for the PRW tune and their support was really lacking in comparison. There is actually no possible comparison.
So for those guys who did not have another car tuned before (like me) PRW is the way to go from all points of view. Just follow the instructions to the letter, listen to PRW before you start making decisions about boost adjustments, and you will get a new car, a better car.
I forgot to mention my tune specs, I'm running Base Tune, 93 Octane/MT, I usually put 100 Octane (EU) + additive (higher octane + injector cleaning) when running the car.
Last edited by mihai; 03-03-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Reason: Forgot to mention specs