R1 Concepts Genesis Coupe Limited Time Rotor/Brakes Sale!!! - Page 3 - Hyundai Genesis Forum
 18Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 835 Old 02-07-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
Drilled rotors help cool down the rotors a bit faster, and also help a bit in wet braking surfaces. But if your tracking the car it is not recommend. Of course if you have an unlimited budget, and can change the drilled rotors after every race... then it might be plausible.

Also to answer the question about pads... HPS and HP+ are two totally different type of pads. HPS is made for street performance and HP+ were made for autocross and light track use. HP+ is not intended for street use. They require heat before they reach its maximum friction levels. Also they are noisey pads. Track users will not care about the noise or dust, and will have time to properly warm the brakes up.
Thanks for the info, so would switching out my stock brakes to your drilled & slotted rotors with a set of Hawk HPS be good for daily driving if I was looking for an increase in braking peformance?

By what you are saying, any of the drilled rotors would only be good for street use and the slotted rotors are more beneficial to people who are tracking their cars? I love the look of the drilled & slotted and I'm just wondering if that's the best way for me to go. I don't track my car, but I would like to take it out on a track one day, not actual racing but one of those lapping events. Would it be ok to have the drilled rotors for this or should I just play it safe and get the slotted only?
ManOnFire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 835 Old 02-07-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnFire View Post
Thanks for the info, so would switching out my stock brakes to your drilled & slotted rotors with a set of Hawk HPS be good for daily driving if I was looking for an increase in braking peformance?

By what you are saying, any of the drilled rotors would only be good for street use and the slotted rotors are more beneficial to people who are tracking their cars? I love the look of the drilled & slotted and I'm just wondering if that's the best way for me to go. I don't track my car, but I would like to take it out on a track one day, not actual racing but one of those lapping events. Would it be ok to have the drilled rotors for this or should I just play it safe and get the slotted only?
Yes for increased performance for swapping pads and rotors.

Slotted is also beneficial to daily driver too. Slots help remove some of the brake derbies off the rotor surface, thus giving a cleaner surface for your brake pads to hit. For a track lap drilled should hold up fine. Even in track days I seen drilled rotors survive just fine. As I was saying in previous post, depends on what kind of track your in. But in your situation both would be okay. Lot of people seems to be worried about cracked rotors, let me say it is EXTREMELY rare for that to happen.
r1concepts is offline  
post #43 of 835 Old 02-07-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
Yes for increased performance for swapping pads and rotors.

Slotted is also beneficial to daily driver too. Slots help remove some of the brake derbies off the rotor surface, thus giving a cleaner surface for your brake pads to hit. For a track lap drilled should hold up fine. Even in track days I seen drilled rotors survive just fine. As I was saying in previous post, depends on what kind of track your in. But in your situation both would be okay. Lot of people seems to be worried about cracked rotors, let me say it is EXTREMELY rare for that to happen.
Exactly the info I was looking for and thanks for the quick response too.
ManOnFire is offline  
 
post #44 of 835 Old 02-07-2011
The OG
 
Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Get the slotted only... all the cool kids are doing it.

Mirabeau Blue Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Volk Racing | Stance | Seibon | M&S | Sequence | Injen | Blox Racing
Slider is offline  
post #45 of 835 Old 02-07-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Get the slotted only... all the cool kids are doing it.
Lies... cool kids don't drive cavaliers. jk I saw you posted pictures somewhere of what you had gotten but I don't remember whether you went with the slotted or the drilled & slotted?
ManOnFire is offline  
post #46 of 835 Old 02-07-2011
The OG
 
Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Now you know! And the cool kids only drive them in the winter.


Mirabeau Blue Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Volk Racing | Stance | Seibon | M&S | Sequence | Injen | Blox Racing
Slider is offline  
post #47 of 835 Old 02-18-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ManOnFire is offline  
post #48 of 835 Old 02-18-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

: shock:

SWWWWWEEEEEET! Thanks for posting that up!
r1concepts is offline  
post #49 of 835 Old 02-18-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
: shock:

SWWWWWEEEEEET! Thanks for posting that up!
Thanks goes to you for the awesome rotors. I'll post up some installed pics in about a month once this damn snow melts off.
ManOnFire is offline  
post #50 of 835 Old 02-18-2011
The OG
 
Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Those of us that have winter and store our summer cars are borderline insane, as you can see above.

Mirabeau Blue Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Volk Racing | Stance | Seibon | M&S | Sequence | Injen | Blox Racing
Slider is offline  
post #51 of 835 Old 02-18-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Yea I noticed his waiting on installing the rims to! Must be hating snow right about now I dont mind the snow in SoCal...
r1concepts is offline  
post #52 of 835 Old 03-07-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Ordered New Pads from R1...

Just got off the phone ordering new Stoptech pads, stainless steel lines and 1L of Motul. 311.00 inc shipping.

I informed R1 about updating their website to list the GenCoupe as a model.
:+)
SuperD is offline  
post #53 of 835 Old 03-07-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Just got off the phone ordering new Stoptech pads, stainless steel lines and 1L of Motul. 311.00 inc shipping.

I informed R1 about updating their website to list the GenCoupe as a model.
:+)
Thank you for the order!

I have got in touch with the internet department to get that issue resolved. We should have everything listed on our website in a few days!
r1concepts is offline  
post #54 of 835 Old 03-10-2011
Sex Machine
 
Spool2Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Hey R1, I thought I'll post a pic here for everyone too see how the rotors look on a aftermarket rim. I too am waiting to install everything since the car is in storage for the winter. I ended up buying these off ManOnFire since he got the Track version and not his. Plus it saved me on shipping costs. These Track rotors are huge!

19" Bronze Five Axis S5:F with R1 Rotor

Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT MIRABEAU BLUE
BR Reflash w/custom tune|DW 550cc Injectors|CP-E Downpipe w/Hi-Flow Cat & 3" Mid-Pipe|Depo Racing FMIC|G&M SRI|HKS BOV w/Block-off plate|NRG Ground Wire Kit|PTP Turbo Blanket|Eibach Sportlines|R1 Drilled/Slotted Rotors|SS Brake/Clutch Lines|Frixa Brake Pads|19" Bronze 5Axis S5:F Rims|Meaty Continental Tires|ACT Clutch w/ Fidanza Flywheel|
Dynoed 262whp & 282wtq @ 17psi on the Mustang Dyno
Spool2Go is offline  
post #55 of 835 Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool2Go View Post
Hey R1, I thought I'll post a pic here for everyone too see how the rotors look on a aftermarket rim. I too am waiting to install everything since the car is in storage for the winter. I ended up buying these off ManOnFire since he got the Track version and not his. Plus it saved me on shipping costs. These Track rotors are huge!

19" Bronze Five Axis S5:F with R1 Rotor
Thats great! I will look forward to those installed pictures~
r1concepts is offline  
post #56 of 835 Old 03-15-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I installed my rotors/pads today (ignore my corroded/unpained calipers , going to need some better weather for that project) and I have a stupid question. Seeing as how the slots are for removing the brake dust from the surface of the rotor, does it matter which way the rotors are installed?... What I mean is should the slots be towards the front of the car or the rear? Does it even matter? I installed mine with the slots slanted to the front of the car.

/:/:/:/ ------> Front of ther car or \:\:\:\ -----> front of the car.






ManOnFire is offline  
post #57 of 835 Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

A lot of different people will tell you different things when it comes down to the slot/drill direction. I will clarify it for everyone here. The direction you have on right now is the way Baer and Brembo recommendations. We actually recommend the other way. But in reality it DOES NOT matter which way they go in the Genesis Coupe. The reason being the rotors do NOT have a directional vane structure. So its purely preference when you have a straight vaned rotor. Hope that answers your question! Thank you for posting those up! And feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
r1concepts is offline  
post #58 of 835 Old 03-15-2011
Senior Member
 
Craig@Invision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aventura, FL
Posts: 5,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage




http://i47.tinypic.com/fv8qhc.png

www.InvisionAutomotion.com

Find all your aftermarket products for your Hyundai Genesis Coupe!

Brakes, Cosmetics, Performance, ECU Management, Suspension, Wheels,
Lighting, and Car Care are all available through our online store!
post #59 of 835 Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for posting that~ Most people seem to prefer putting the slot positions that way. But again, if you have it on the other way... I would not go through the trouble of removing the rotors to swap it again.
r1concepts is offline  
post #60 of 835 Old 03-15-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
A lot of different people will tell you different things when it comes down to the slot/drill direction. I will clarify it for everyone here. The direction you have on right now is the way Baer and Brembo recommendations. We actually recommend the other way. But in reality it DOES NOT matter which way they go in the Genesis Coupe. The reason being the rotors do NOT have a directional vane structure. So its purely preference when you have a straight vaned rotor. Hope that answers your question! Thank you for posting those up! And feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
Thanks for posting that~ Most people seem to prefer putting the slot positions that way. But again, if you have it on the other way... I would not go through the trouble of removing the rotors to swap it again.
Thanks for the replies, I should have asked before I installed them I guess but the idea never even occured to me before I had 2 of them installed already.

Really feel a big difference in the brakes now (rotors+hawk hps pads), glad I did the upgrade. The results were exactly what I was looking for, brake pedal is more sensitive now and the rotors look great.
ManOnFire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1 Concepts Limited Time Rotor/Brakes Sale!!! Hawk, Stoptech r1concepts Suspension 26 01-23-2012 01:38 PM
GReddy to Debut Performance Parts for Hyundai Genesis Coupe rntibbyboy Engine 23 10-19-2009 05:37 PM
Buschur Racing 2.0T Genesis Coupe *OFFICIAL PARTS RELEASE* Lineup & Pricing! [email protected] 2.0T Discussion 2008-2012 45 07-06-2009 07:33 AM
Canadiandriver.com First Drive of Genesis Coupe el_capitan General Discussion 5 04-07-2009 12:21 PM
Street Concepts to Develop Customized GenCoupe for SEMA john General Discussion 22 10-21-2008 03:17 PM


Tags
ate , brake , ceramic , drilled , g2 paint , hawk , pad , r1 concepts , r1concepts , rotor , slotted , stoptech

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome