Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before anyone decides they want to run their car like this all the time... please don't. It is quite the debate whether or not this is harmful for your turbo (I recommend not doing it). Full out race cars typical don't run a BOV but I'm sorry our GC's are not race cars. Correct me if I am wrong but this is not compressor surge this is turbo flutter. Basically your BPV/BOV isn't opening and the air is hitting against your compressor blades trying to get out through the intake.

So let me re-illiterate... DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I personally wouldn't recommend it but the little ricer inside me thought it was cool and wanted to share... also to see if this happens to anyone else.

How to do it?
Well if you have 1:1 Throttle (Deletes cruise control) then you can do it I believe. Turn on cruse control and hold the "RES+" button for a few seconds and then you're good to go. To turn it off, just turn off cruise control.

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAldn6XzgYw

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why?................just why?
Why share something I found unexpectedly? Honestly just interested to know if it was the same for anyone else. And sure some people will now do this forever try and be "cool" but I don't really care. I found something... I shared it.

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
let you re-illiterate? lol ok. damn illiterate!
Believe the word I was going for was "Reiterate" but I noticed my failure too late... lol

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Why share something I found unexpectedly? Honestly just interested to know if it was the same for anyone else. And sure some people will now do this forever try and be "cool" but I don't really care. I found something... I shared it.
So while the car is running and the turbo spinning I could stick a wrench in it and it'll make odd noises and damage the turbo....but i found something.

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So while the car is running and the turbo spinning I could stick a wrench in it and it'll make odd noises and damage the turbo....but i found something.
Lol so you don't like the fact that I shared something that "potentially" could harm my car? Like if I decided to use a mesh grill for my intake rather than a proper filter and messed up my turbo then shared my findings... If you have input regarding what I found then please share it but don't try and criticize me for finding something and then sharing; that's literally what forums are for. If you think this is as bad as sticking a wrench into your spinning turbo you are sadly mistaken but I see the point you are trying to make which you could have easily said "Interesting.... I wouldn't recommend anyone do this because I think it will destroy your car."

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Actually a filter will not fit in my location this the product I used so happened to be crap. Anyways, sure you can share I'm not ragging you for sharing. What I'm ragging you for is for sharing such a worthless/pointless thing. It's a forum. You're gong to get flamed. Now what good did your post do for the gen community? How does it help others? Were you being helpful?

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually a filter will not fit in my location this the product I used so happened to be crap. Anyways, sure you can share I'm not ragging you for sharing. What I'm ragging you for is for sharing such a worthless/pointless thing. It's a forum. You're gong to get flamed. Now what good did your post do for the gen community? How does it help others? Were you being helpful?
Well this post doesn't really apply to you because your build is completely different. So for you yes this is a pointless read. But for someone without a crazy build that drives a "normally" modified 2013+ 2.0T might find this interesting. But to answer your questions:

Now what good did your post do for the gen community?
Lets people know what happens when you get a tune that deletes cruise control and you turn it on anyways. Allows for an interesting discussion regarding why this happens.

How does it help others?
Lets them see the result without having to do it themselves in case they are curious.

Were you being helpful?
As soon as someone asks some questions regarding what I did I will be helpful.

Maybe I should have gone about sharing this differently but I just started typing and that's how it turned out. But I also wanted to know if this is the same for anyone else. I have read more on these forums than I am willing to admit and I have never come across this yet so I had to find out what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just noticed today that it does on mine with an alphaspeed tune. Never heard it flutter so loud and I was like damn with a big smile on my face. Have you found out if this does any harm to the turbo?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts