Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching found an old dead post debating what 1:1 throttle is but do any tuned auto guys have 1:1 and what do you think of it? Found a post saying with the auto its twitchy daily driving like an on off switch but couldn't find anything confirming this. Im about to order my tune just wanted to know if I should include 1:1 or not.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Your question was answered by a bunch of people on the Facebook page lol

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Do you really think they do it if it were a negative thing?

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figured it would be fine just wanted some feedback on if its worth while or not. Seems like everyone likes it and I barely ever use cruise control so probably gonna do it.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I had an sfr tune for a while. Then I had to go back to stock ecu for about a month. I HATED the throttle response. Stock is horrible. If you didn't love it, you'd be the first.

Also, what's up with losing Cruise control. I have had both BTR and SFR tunes and not lost CC.

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk seen a couple posts from auto guys saying we don't lose it but I guess manuals do? When you select the option on the btr site it says loses cruise control.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cant speak for BTR tunes, but you don't lose cruise control (on an auto) with a SFR tune.
I am assuming this is no different for pre-13s tunes.

Here is the response I got from Jay regarding 1:1/Faster Shifting etc. (In my SFR Tune review)

SardonicJester said:
CONS
Faster AT Shifting: Site says ECU comes with it, but I really don't notice any difference in terms of the ECU shifting for me faster or the ECU reacting faster when in "manual" mode.
Throttle Response: Site says that the response would be much more aggressive than stock, but it does not seem like much of a change. Maybe slightly faster throttle response, but not to the extent of what others have been saying. (Might be because mine is AT?) I also didn't lose Cruise Control functionality, but Jay said that is normal for AT.
Hello, thanks for the review! Yet thanks for your business.
Just to give you more insight on this. With aggressive throttle response AT should get into the next gear quicker. Something you might not be able to notice so much after getting extra hp/tq.
Here's a little 1/4mile dyno testing (Not necessarily to explain the throttle response and faster shifting) but you get the idea.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
(Notice the solid line is already in 4th gear when stock tune (in limp mode with brake boosting) is only in 3rd gear)
At the end nature of delay and lag from AT transmission is something we can't have control over as if we are not modifying TCU maps (hence why rev limiter is the same for AT since it's controlled by TCU).

Also AT does not loose cruise control function with 1.5 since it's related to launch control which MT guys receive. Yet you get brake boosting feature instead for launch as you've mentioned.
Hope this clears some confusions. Thanks again for your business.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
It only applies for 2.0T MT vehicle only for CC function. Yet we do not advertise as 1:1 throttle response because realistically it's impossible to achieve that. Hence why we say "aggressive" throttle response.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We do offer improved throttle response on the auto cars. I find it to be much easier for daily use. We are also getting ready to roll out "competition" throttle control which is geared more towards people who use their cars in track environments.

The loss of cruise is due to ecu functions that are difficult to explain.

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i can do 1:1 aggressive throttle whatever you want to call it and keep cruise control since im an auto?

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guess that would be one bonus in the many negatives of owning a power sucking auto.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
guess that would be one bonus in the many negatives of owning a power sucking auto.

So I just boosted my 3.8 Auto. I hold boost in between shifts. Bonus #2 :)

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I see you went with a turbo instead of tune,I saw your name on the list for Dallas back in June.How do you like the turbo

I actually did both. Tuned as NA and just added the turbo.

I LOVE the boost. Car is crazy awesome now.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
i have the BTR stage 3 Tune with 1:1 and i lost cruise control but throttle response is amazing, the only thing i don't like about it is in automatic mode it holds 1st and 2nd a bit longer than the stage 2 i had without 1:1

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the ecu in and I did lose cruise control but damn.... went wot super smoth throttle response and it actually sunk me in the seat. I didn't get to do a lot of driving but from what I did its awesome. Turboxs bov and colder plugs this weekend then I'm done with mods for a while finally. Not counting the track suspension and brembo conversion that's sitting in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
Lando... I don't believe that SFR or any other vendor has marketed "launch control" on an automatic. Jay has in fact corrected another user with regard to the "Launch Control" feature which is actually brake boosting... which if you want to get down to brass tacks, is a kind of launch control. "Launch control" on a BTR tune is simply an RPM limiter that allows the car to hit an RPM limit while the car is not moving that is lower than the normal limit. Hardly what I would call "launch control" if you compare it to what happens on a GTR when Launch Control is engaged.

We can probably spend all day talking about the semantics of what launch control is and what it isn't, but at the end of the day, it's probably not going to be informative to anyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts