Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bracewel and I have been talking about getting a 1/4 mile crew together.

I'm currently looking up the closest racetracks now to get locations and schedules posted.

All are welcomed, but I believe we are shooting for a South NJ or near Philadelphia track. I personally don't mind driving a hour to get somewhere.

Currently confirmed for attending:

J-Shazzle: Arrival at 4 pm, staying till closing
BKED: Not sure what time of arrival or departure
Bracewel: Arrival whenever till whenever
Silgen: Arrival whenever till whenever
NismoeJoe: Maybe
Gary: Not sure on the times yet
AJ: ????????

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Atco Raceway
1000 Jackson Road
Atco, NJ
856-768-2167

http://www.atcoraceway.com/directions.php

Pricing
Fridays:
Spectator - $10
To Run - $15

Sat/Sun:
Spectator - 15
To Run - $25

UNLIMITED RUNS, but the crowd will dictate how many you can get in.
Discount pricing for children as well. Trailored cars cost more. Something about motorcycle's as well?
They do have a bar on site for any spectators.

^It's a prerecorded message for all their information and its incredibly hard to understand the female voice giving the information on the pricing^

Helmet guidelines from a previous thread:

"Hello and thank you for your interest in Atco Raceway. How fast of a car is this for? If it is for a street car any helmet that is DOT approved will work, open or closed face, that is up to you. Feel free to call the The Speed Shop at Atco Raceway for advice and to get a price on helmets. Their phone number is 856-768-4700. I hope this answers your question, if not feel free to contact us again."

Here is Atco's upcoming schedule:

Fri. Nov. 16 - gates open 4:30 pm - close at 11:00pm: Anything Can Run
Sat. Nov 17 - gates open 9:00 am - close at 11:00 pm: Family Truckster & Grocery Getter Nationals/Anything Can Run
Sun. Nov 18 - gates open 8:00 am - close at 7:00 pm: Import VS Domestic Throwdown

Cars will start running 1 hr after the gates open.

Maple Grove Raceway is closed for the Season

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park is closed next weekend for a special event

Another option is Cecil County Dragway located in Rising Sun, MD which is about hr and half from me, but they are having a closed event this weekend too.

It looks like Atco is our only choice for next weekend. Just have to decide on the night.

OTHER TIPS: DRESS IN LAYERS, I believe the cold front is finally leaving the East coast, but be prepared for a chilly day anyway. Bring a set of tools just in case. I forgot mine last time and I really wanted to remove my headlight so I could have cold air going to my SRI. Bring painters tape to put on the rear fenders so your not cleaning off rubber/tar. Bring water and snacks if you plan on staying a while. They do have food there at a reasonable price.

WEATHER FORECAST for Atco, NJ: Fri/Sat/Sun - 50 degrees with 10 percent chance of rain.

·
Racecar Driver
2,172 Posts
Down. I can do Friday or Saturday and either Maple Grove or Atco works fine for me. Remember that Maple Grove has grudge night on Friday which is $20-$25 for unlimited runs.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated with Atco.

Researching Maple Grove now.

I'll call Atco tomorrow to see what time they close on Saturdays. I can probably sneak out of work early on Friday. I know last time I went we were there when they first started the runs and we managed 7-9 runs in.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
If im not mistaken, atco is $25 for 3 runs. I might prefer atco just cuz i have buddies in jersey i might could get a legacy 2.5t lol. And a z4 to come out. But either works for me im getting retuned on the 13th but now i kinda wanna put headers and downpipes on my credit card and get the sfr 1.5!

·
2,746 Posts
Oh and sat would be better i work til 5:30 so atco would take me a while to get to on a friday night

·
Racecar Driver
2,172 Posts
If im not mistaken, atco is $25 for 3 runs. I might prefer atco just cuz i have buddies in jersey i might could get a legacy 2.5t lol. And a z4 to come out. But either works for me im getting retuned on the 13th but now i kinda wanna put headers and downpipes on my credit card and get the sfr 1.5!
If you're getting headers get a custom tune. I lost a bit of torque after I installed the headers, and gained 32lbs of torque after the custom tune. Anyway that discussion is for another thread.

Our only option is ATCO since Maple Grove is closed for the season

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
cecil co was the other option, not maple grove. who tuned you brasewel? And what headers/downpipes? Jay has the SFR 1.5 and said you either have to have downpipes and test pipes or headers. shoot me a PM if you don't want to clutter the thread.

Guess I have to go get a helmet now...

·
2,746 Posts
nevermind. ngm headers ark downpipes sfr custom tune. got it. I'm tarded.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess I have to go get a helmet now...
Any helmet will work......well except a bicycle helmet. I'm using an ATV helmet. I may have another helmet for someone to borrow.....have to look.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
UPDATED!!!

Times and pricing.

Just got off the phone with someone. Anything can Run will be going on all day Saturday.

I will not be able to make it until 4 pm the earliest. The only thing I fear about Saturday is that is will be packed. I went on a Friday last time and we had multiple runs in before it got crowded around 8 pm.

Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing and people will be coming and going all day OR the cold weather will keep people from attending. I don't mind meeting other racing enthusiasts and showing off the Gencoupes to the world, but I do enjoy getting my money's worth.

Here's how it usually goes when lining up. The 2 left lanes are dedicated to your 10 second cars. The two middle lanes are dedicated to the bikes. The two right lanes are dedicated to the street cars.

Next update will include a list of people attending. Also, it looks like everyone has agreed to Saturday.

·
Racecar Driver
2,172 Posts
Any helmet will work......well except a bicycle helmet. I'm using an ATV helmet. I may have another helmet for someone to borrow.....have to look.
Ohhh I forgot we need a helmet for this :) Where can I get one?
And yes if it's crowded that would absolutely suck.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any DOT helmet will work. They rent helmets there too.... the phone number is listed for their speed shop so u may want to call them.

I'll check to see if I have a spare. I know I have 3 ATV helmets but 2 of them are teenager sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Read their email wrong. Looks like they have them for sale. Call for prices.

Google ATV or motorcycle places near you to get the best price. Also try borrowing one but owning one will be helpful if u plan on running again.

·
Racecar Driver
2,172 Posts
Any DOT helmet will work. They rent helmets there too.... the phone number is listed for their speed shop so u may want to call them.

I'll check to see if I have a spare. I know I have 3 ATV helmets but 2 of them are teenager sizes.

I generally require XL size helmets lol. Doubt those would fit me.

·
2,746 Posts
yeah i have a big head. so brasewel, your numbers are all with your current mods including headers and dps wth the custom tune?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts